Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

8 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Vikoevic and Okhotiuk looked more ready, but why not give everyone a little taste of the NHL. The difference there is not so obvious. In the end, Bahl used his size. This is not the case of Zacha, who despite his size played quite softly.

I'm not against Bahl getting the call up. I'm just surprised he got it before Okhotiuk, who has apparently been playing better. I'd like to see them all get a couple of games in before the season ends.

• Like 2

Just now, Aitchmack said:

I'm not against Bahl getting the call up. I'm just surprised he got it before Okhotiuk, who has apparently been playing better. I'd like to see them all get a couple of games in before the season ends.

I think they cant wait more to play FootBahl together.

Arseniy Gritsyuk is KHL champion. Ilya Kovalchuk and Reid Boucher too btw.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I think they cant wait more to play FootBahl together.

Arseniy Gritsyuk is KHL champion. Ilya Kovalchuk and Reid Boucher too btw.

I saw that about Gritsyuk, Kovalchuk, Boucher. Do you think we'll see any of the prospects playing in the KHL in America soon?

38 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I saw that about Gritsyuk, Kovalchuk, Boucher. Do you think we'll see any of the prospects playing in the KHL in America soon?

I don't think it's going to happen soon, I don't think it's necessary.
At the moment, we have enough prospects on the left side of the attack and defense to let them play, lets look at them at first.
Zaitsev is as close as possible to the game, but he has a two-year contract with Dynamo. I'll assume he's not interested in spending a year in the AHL. This is too little money, too much taxes, and no guarantees. He will most likely try to improve his statistics and get a real contract in the NHL right after KHL.

Zaitsev has hardly played in PP, he has 16 minutes per game in the regular season and 18 minutes in the playoffs. He is a fast hard and tenacious defenseman, playing very well on the boards. He has problems with playmaking and short passes. But as a defenseman, he's what we need right now. He plays on the right and he made no mistakes in positioning and in puck battles. But I'm not sure he's going to go to the NHL at all. He doesn't look like a defenseman who can score a lot of points. And this has an extremely negative effect on the amount of the contract.

Mukhamadullin is to young and has a lot to grown. He has a great first pass, i like his positioning, but I don't like the way he works with puck under pressure. He needs to learn how to use his size better. I listened to a lot of his interviews, he notices his problems and gives the impression of an intelligent person. I think he`s worth the wait. Again , in the AHL, we have enough left defensmen at the moment. I will assume that we will not see him for the next year, or maybe two or even three years.

I didnt watch a lot of Misyuls game. If Devils will decide to play Okhotiuk or Vukoevic or even Bahl in NHL next season, I would like him to try himself in AHL,  but he's still under contract for another year. KHL b  He played +\-10 minutes per game in his last games for Loko.

I saw a lot of games of Gritsyuk this season. He was very good in MHL(young leauge) and VHL(AHL analog). I could say he was great there. Hartley didnt give him any real chances and Avanguard is pretty full packed team. His contract was ended today and I didnt know will he sign another one or not. We have chat with him before WJC,  as expected, he did not tell me any specific plans for the future, but he is interested in a great career and is focused on developing. I think everything will be decided now - whether they can promise him a place in the squad. Then he will probably sign a contract for two or three years. If not, it will be interesting to see what he and his agent decide to do.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

At the moment, we have enough prospects on the left side of the attack and defense to let them play, lets look at them at first.
Zaitsev is as close as possible to the game, but he has a two-year contract with Dynamo. I'll assume he's not interested in spending a year in the AHL. This is too little money, too much taxes, and no guarantees. He will most likely try to improve his statistics and get a real contract in the NHL right after KHL.

Zaitsev has hardly played in PP, he has 16 minutes per game in the regular season and 18 minutes in the playoffs. He is a fast hard and tenacious defenseman, playing very well on the boards. He has problems with playmaking and short passes. But as a defenseman, he's what we need right now. He plays on the right and he made no mistakes in positioning and in puck battles. But I'm not sure he's going to go to the NHL at all. He doesn't look like a defenseman who can score a lot of points. And this has an extremely negative effect on the amount of the contract.

Mukhamadullin is to young and has a lot to grown. He has a great first pass, i like his positioning, but I don't like the way he works with puck under pressure. He needs to learn how to use his size better. I listened to a lot of his interviews, he notices his problems and gives the impression of an intelligent person. I think he`s worth the wait. Again , in the AHL, we have enough left defensmen at the moment. I will assume that we will not see him for the next year, or maybe two or even three years.

I didnt watch a lot of Misyuls game. If Devils will decide to play Okhotiuk or Vukoevic or even Bahl in NHL next season, I would like him to try himself in AHL,  but he's still under contract for another year. KHL b  He played +\-10 minutes per game in his last games for Loko.

I saw a lot of games of Gritsyuk this season. He was very good in MHL(young leauge) and VHL(AHL analog). I could say he was great there. Hartley didnt give him any real chances and Avanguard is pretty full packed team. His contract was ended today and I didnt know will he sign another one or not. We have chat with him before WJC,  as expected, he did not tell me any specific plans for the future, but he is interested in a great career and is focused on developing. I think everything will be decided now - whether they can promise him a place in the squad. Then he will probably sign a contract for two or three years. If not, it will be interesting to see what he and his agent decide to do.

Thanks. That was a very interesting read. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Gritsyuk.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guadana said:

Always insightful. We're lucky to have boots on the ground in Russia for these types of summaries.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

It's funny, Kovy's probably thinking "Why again did I go back to the NHL?"

I wonder if Boucher (assuming he'd want one) ever gets another look in the NHL...not saying that he should or that it would work out (I doubt it would), but I can see some team with little to lose giving him a one-year deal...maybe Seattle?

• Like 1

Can't believe nobodies talking about the new Persian sensation Kevin Bahrain
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wonder if Boucher (assuming he'd want one) ever gets another look in the NHL...not saying that he should or that it would work out (I doubt it would), but I can see some team with little to lose giving him a one-year deal...maybe Seattle?

Us.......

He outscored Gusev , but overall points wise it wasn't close. 

If he is interested I can see a team taking a punt on him. 

Gusev with only three points (none of them goals) since his move to Florida. 

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m thinking more that he’s skating around with a less good Cup and realizing he had to leave the NHL to win said less good Cup. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

What do you say guys, shall we bring him back one more time? 

No.  That said, I did enjoy watching him play during his brief time here.  He was an edge of your seat player where, every time he had the puck on his stick you thought something was going to happen and he brought you to the edge of your seat.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, nessus said:

2 assists for Holtz tonight Good, both on the power play Good. Actually, both times, it was Greer, Holtz, and Thompson connecting for goals Good. 1g and 1a for each of Thompson and Greer  excellent in a 6-3 loss ahhhh

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Weird having a minor league team not named the 'Something' Devils

I think there was something about the name changing again. 

• Like 1

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/release-new-jersey-devils-statement-regarding-american-hockey-league-franchise/c-324414846

10 year agreement.

Working with Robert and his team will be an exciting opportunity as we look to build upon the passion and enthusiasm that they've created in making Utica one of the top markets in the AHL."

The club will remain the Utica Comets with an unveiling of jersey designs and colors to follow at a later date.

"We could not be happier for the opportunity to partner with the New Jersey Devils, an organization with a rich history not only in the NHL but also in our own community," said Esche.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Comets? I hate that. 

I always hated calling the minor league teams the Devils though.   It would be cool if they named it something playing off the parent clubs name like the Demons the way the Kings had the Monarchs, Royals etc.   

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralous said:

I always hated calling the minor league teams the Devils though.   It would be cool if they named it something playing off the parent clubs name like the Demons the way the Kings had the Monarchs, Royals etc.   

The best one is Vegas- the Silver Knights 🤣

On 5/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, mfitz804 said:

I don’t suspect it’ll last long. 

There's been quite a few  AHL and ECHL teams in Norfolk Va.  Hawks,  Ducks, Oilers-others I forget (Rick Kowalski was Capt) and "Admirals" is what they will be called. regardless of who affiliated with. (big Military presence here-especially Navy)

• 2 weeks later...

Schmid signs meaning Senn, Daws, and Schmid are all going to be looking for AHL time assuming the Devils sign a backup off the market. I guess Cormier is done. Jeremy Brodeur actually played pretty well in his 3 games so I wonder if another AHL team picks him up.