Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If they ever want Daneyko to leave the broadcast team, that name just might make him do it. 

“Great play by, uh…oh boy…Marmaduke?”

I take the p!ss out of him about the way he says names, but there's quite a few players coming through the ranks that I haven't got a hope in hell of remembering how to spell their names, let alone say them. Nicknames are required, or I'm just going to have to use their jersey numbers.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:13 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Schmid signs meaning Senn, Daws, and Schmid are all going to be looking for AHL time assuming the Devils sign a backup off the market. I guess Cormier is done. Jeremy Brodeur actually played pretty well in his 3 games so I wonder if another AHL team picks him up. 

Senn signed a three year contract with HC Davos in Switzerland this off season. I'd assume that's the last we'll see of him.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You should delete that link. DM / NJDevs has gotten in trouble before for sharing articles — posting paywalled content for free is a quick way to get this site in trouble. 

oh well snap. done. well delete it from your reply too cause i can't edit that

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That is why I took your word, couldn't read the article. 

yeah they have a piece about all our top young players but if i can paraphrase what it's saying about Jack at least. It was saying Jack's skating was high-end, puck skills, hockey sense and compete level were above average and his shot below average. Then saying that they see a potential impact NHL player but with the caveat that realistic expectaitons may have to be pulled back.a tad from where they were 2 years ago. That his skating speed is good but isn't blazing by nhl standards and that its his edge work and great cut backs that's making him so elusive. Then that his skills and playmaking wont rate at the very top of the league but that they are still excellent. So all in all they project he could be a star just maybe not a true league leading scorer due to his lack of finish.

It may sound bad but say we rate players on a scale of 1 to 10, i think i prefer having a team full of guys ranging from 5 to 7.5/10 all playing well together in their system. Than a team ranging from guys that are ranging from 2 to 10. Like Toronto or the Oilers.

So to me considering we have a very young group of guys growing together. I believe we can be that sort of team. Maybe we don't have a generational talent on our team. But we have a bunch of guys all getting the job done. And i do believe Jack has a place on a winning team like that, i mean look at Vegas. They came up short a few times now but they certainly do not have a first overall generational talent on their roster (well they did have Fleury, but you know)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the Salavat KHL game because I like to keep a close eye on certain financial investments of mine, and Shakir is looking excellent.  He is running the PP from the top of the umbrella and firing absolute bombs on the goalie in addition to walking the blue line and keeping the pucks in like it's nothing.

Saw that he hit 100mph in a game last week.

Mookie clapping 100mph bombs in game.jpg

• Like 4

Ufa gets a PP goal, no point for Mukha but he was moving the diamond back and forth before the scrum in front.  Then Severstal comes right back and fvcking scores.  Kill me.

Thank you all for tuning in to my nightmare.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

2021-22 Training Camp Roster
No. Player Pos
10 Alexander Holtz RW
11 Andreas Johnsson LW
12 Tyce Thompson RW
13 Nico Hischier C
14 Mark Jankowski C
16 Jimmy Vesey LW
17 Yegor Sharangovich RW/C
18 Dawson Mercer C/RW
20 Michael McLeod C
25 Nolan Foote LW
36 Joseph Gambardella C/LW
37 Pavel Zacha C/LW
38 Freddy Gauthier C
42 A.J. Greer LW
44 Miles Wood LW/RW
46 Brian Flynn C
47 Chase De Leo C/LW
48 Nate Schnarr C
49 Fabian Zetterlund C/RW
59 Janne Kuokkanen LW/RW
61 Chase Stillman RW
63 Jesper Bratt LW/RW
67 Marian Studenic RW
70 Jesper Boqvist C/LW
77 Aarne Talvitie C
79 Ryan Schmelzer C
86 Jack Hughes C
90 Tomas Tatar LW/RW
92 Graeme Clarke RW
No. Player Pos
2 Colton White D
7 Dougie Hamilton D
24 Ty Smith D
28 Damon Severson D
32 Reilly Walsh D
33 Ryan Graves D
34 Tyler Wotherspoon D
39 Robbie Russo D
71 Jonas Siegenthaler D
75 Jeremy Groleau D
76 P.K. Subban D
81 Michael Vukojevic D
82 Nikita Okhotiuk D
83 Christian Jaros D
88 Kevn Bahl D
No. Player Pos
29 Mackenzie Blackwood G
40 Akira Schmid G
41 Scott Wedgewood G
45 Jonathan Bernier G
50 Nico Daws G
60 Mareks Mitens (AHL) G

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

@Guadana@Crisis

Three ?? players that might make the team out of camp?

Mine are:

1. Studenic 

2. Mercer

3. Okhotiuk

Studenic has to show more that he has done previously, imo, to earn a place on the team. I heard and seen nothing but good things from the other two, so could see them pushing for a spot.

2 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Studenic has to show more that he has done previously, imo, to earn a place on the team. I heard and seen nothing but good things from the other two, so could see them pushing for a spot.

I thought Studenic looked good the bit we saw of him last year at the NHL level. He can challenge for a spot on the bottom 6 if he takes a step in camp-- and I think he can.