Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wasn't trying to imply that you specifically were giving up on him (though I can see where it seemed like I was).  Just that it seems like many are down on him, and rather quickly.  

What's the potential timetable for Holtz?  2022-23 I'm guessing?  

I think the "right now" part of what I said wasn't clear. I meant I would give him the job for right now since Palmieri is playing bad. Not I would give him the job forever "right now". Bad wording on my part. 

I haven't heard anything about his timetable, but if he's already 19, is there a reason he couldn't try for a spot in 21-22 (if that's a thing)?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So my cousin played juniors. Never big enough to make it to the show, but he has a ton of friends all around the sport. I was hanging with him at Christmas, and he had something to say that I thought

No one call me Young Talent before!

Merkley and Mukhamadullin should do a podcast together if they end up as teammates. Call it Merk and Mook. 

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the "right now" part of what I said wasn't clear. I meant I would give him the job for right now since Palmieri is playing bad. Not I would give him the job forever "right now". Bad wording on my part. 

I haven't heard anything about his timetable, but if he's already 19, is there a reason he couldn't try for a spot in 21-22 (if that's a thing)?

If he is on the same trajectory next season I don't see why Holtz wouldn't make the team out of camp. I'm not sure you say the same thing this season, whether he was on the hook to play in Sweden or not. 

I feel rather confident we'll be seeing Holtz in New Jersey in 2021-22, it's possible the organization could want him to marinate an extra season in Sweden but I think he would be ready to ride shotgun with one of our centers in that sesaon.

We could be in for another big youth push next season, because I'm also expecting both Bahl and Mercer to make big pushes to make the team out of camp in 2021-22.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

I feel rather confident we'll be seeing Holtz in New Jersey in 2021-22, it's possible the organization could want him to marinate an extra season in Sweden but I think he would be ready to ride shotgun with one of our centers in that sesaon.

We could be in for another big youth push next season, because I'm also expecting both Bahl and Mercer to make big pushes to make the team out of camp in 2021-22.

Maybe Okhotyuk, too? Didn’t he have a pretty good camp? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not as ready to give up on him as some are, but he looks like he might have been Space Jammed.  He's been that shaky...especially alarming (for such a small sample) is the 5 SOG through 4 GP.  Even when he wasn't necessarily finding the net during a cold streak, he was at least still getting his shots (which you knew would eventually go in).  

idk if you came up with the phrase “space jammed” but when I tell you i just snort laughed, hooooly sh!t that’s good stuff.

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

idk if you came up with the phrase “space jammed” but when I tell you i just snort laughed, hooooly sh!t that’s good stuff.

Yeah that was me heh heh.  Glad I could spread a chuckle.