Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

On 11/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Excellent stuff Guadana, thanks man!

Keeping the site rolling during the off-season and showing us stuff most of us probably wouldn’t be paying attention to otherwise. Excellent work, Guadana, and thank you. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Keeping the site rolling during the off-season and showing us stuff most of us probably wouldn’t be paying attention to otherwise. Excellent work, Guadana, and thank you. 

Well to be fair its not off-season for Guadana, hes got real live hockey to watch. The rest of us aren't slacking.

Thanks Guadana for the updates

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Well to be fair its not off-season for Guadana, hes got real live hockey to watch. The rest of us aren't slacking.

Thanks Guadana for the updates

I meant that is off-season for the Devils. 

Even those of us who are interested wouldn’t be watching all of these games or even looking at highlights, so I definitely appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Thanks, guys. Don't worry, hockey will come back and you will have something to read besides my simple English.

Let`s do it! Russian u20 squad played against adult national sweden team. 

Gritsyuk was pretty well today. He doesn`t make a good chemistry with new partners, but his personal work was on the level you want to see. He entered the zone with the puck. When he was on the ice and they will play in offensive zone they end it with the shot. Gritsyuk pforecheck today harder.

He even play on the slot. Bastian can take a vacation.

Mukha was pretty solid in defensive zone. I didn`t see any big mistakes or bad decision from him. He make pokechecks and takeaways(sorry my cut video brokes, it`s too tale to find and make it again), he was good on board. 

And he made one of the best moment of the game and save the day for Russian National Team.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 5

some stuff from Czech-Russia game

Gritsyuk was a beast there. He enter the zone with the puck 6 time out of six. Everytime when his line was on the ice they end it with shot or more. He made passes, shots, breakaway, pokechecks, he play hard in forecheck. 
He is a gift. I made twits with moments, with shift. And i was pretty amazed by his game on this tournament. He should put his raw stone into the hands of good sculptor.

I don`t know how Castron can find guys like him and Bratt in later rounds, but we have to give him credit.
Edited by Guadana
  • Like 4

What can i say about Shakir`s game. He is a raw player. He`s look like a yestarday grown up boy who try to understand how to use his. He is good enough skater. He has good starting speed, he sees the ice. In the third game he made three long accurate passes. He is good positionally. He play in PK in this tournament. When he was on the ice, czechs can`t find a space to create dangerous chances. His pk unit played much better than another. But he is slow with his hands and should be more agressive in forecheck. Interesting to see how he will controll his zone on the smaller rinks, his zones will be shorter and it could help him much.

It`s a long pick and Fitz say it from the beggining. Before the draft he literally say "we want to draft player who isnt only better for now but who will be better in the long distance". Or something like that. I should say Devils were focus on him long way before nyr drafted Schneider.

• Like 3

I watched Pytlik too. He is #86. He is look like what we want from him. Big agressive forward who has skills to play with the puck. I like his game against Russia, he wasn`t look like a poor child among stars. I think devils has those needs option in bottom six player with some scoring ability.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 4

Hey, Guys. I spent some time with Gritsyuk in MHL, a saw his limited minutes in KHL. i was tracking him on Karjala CUp pretty carefully, and now i watched my second game in VHL(AHL Russian analog) of him.

Gritsyuk is #39 here.

Like i wrote before he is zone entering beast.

If we talk about posession work, i don`t know what he can`t to do.

..in offensive zone and in neatural zone. In defensive zone too, but i didn`t do a cut. You should sorry me for that.

look it how he read the moment. It`s a highlight play for top-10 first roundes. He read the play, going through the zone and make a perfect turnover pass through the zone to the open spot he opened moment before. This is like goals makes in NHL.

Gritsyuk made 2 assists in game against Toros. VHL tracked only one somehow. This is a first one. Besides assist he made all of the job to make this moment exist.

This is his second assist

I will no  track his game in the VHL, because Gritsyuk plays quite well in all components at this level. He should hone the shot, regardless of where he will play.

The next two players i will make record cuts will be Zaitsev and Sharangovich. I wanted to make Zaitsev before, but i have a feeling Sharangovich can return to the Devils soon. And i will make cuts for both of them in parallel.
I`m watching Boqvist and Holtz games too, but quallity of broadcast doesn't allow me to make recordings.
Edited by Guadana
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Maybe he's (eventually) Trav's replacement?

The hare is a special player who almost always had to perform not his role. A combination of a great mind and not the best skill. I can't say that Sharangovich will be our new Zajac. But for the bottom-6, he played enough. It will be more important who can get through the waiver  and who can't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guadana said:

Holtz made six shots in this game. He made 4 in game two days ago.

Pasic scores! 

One thing I love about Holtz's game is he seems to always pick the perfect time to shoot. He's great at using the defenseman to create a screen, and his release comes at a time when he just barely has enough space. On that assist, he did something similar, where he had to bring the defenseman with him out from the goal line to create a passing lane. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, nessus said:

Remember when there wasn't a single player in the Devils' system who had any bit of a scoring touch other than Palmieri? Now we have players at multiple different levels really lighting it up.

Holtz, Mercer, Foote, Thompson and Clarke have goal scoring abulity. 

Merkley, Pasic, Sharangovic, Boqvist, Gritsyuk and even Studenic have some different tools on different levels(for example, if Sharangovic will score 8-12 goals as 4th liner in the next season - it`s great result for 4th liner). We should understand that we will be happy if one of three will be roster player, we will be lucky. But for now we have so much depth. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 3

Holtz with 4 G and 5 A through 12 GP...same as teammate Jacob Josefson (they’re tied for second on their team in points).

Not a knock on Holtz in the slightest or even remotely trying to suggest that he won’t work out...just checked out his numbers on hockeydb.com and was like “Oh, there’s Josefson.”