Prospects Thread - 2020-2021 Season

Guadana

Well let's hope Moynihan does have an impact.

And sweet lord, for various biased reasons i really hope Caufield doesn't pan out.

If he doesn't it would mean that he was in part, a product of Hughes. Which would be good for us.

But also Habs fans are already acting like he's the second coming of christ obviously. 

• Like 1

Due to the fact that a lot of players are now with their national teams, there are no games with them. Finland has a break. Students are playing now.

Talviti started to score points. He had a Bad start, but he looks better every game.

Thompson played the first good game. Last year, he played with Dugan occasionally, everyone expects a big season from him. From the two games I've seen, he's not a player of all-round talent, but he's not an untalented player. 

Schleine gave up his first assist in the fourth game. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Sharangovich has not scored yet, but is gaining assists.
And it seems, Popugaev trying to remember that he was a hockey player.

Misyul started to play a regular role in Lokomotiv defense, and Zaitsev is playing top defensive role in Dynamo now.  if zaitsev has ambitions of playing in the nhl, i think we'll see him in the next couple of years. He's not a playmaker, but he guards his zone well, plays aggressively, and, most importantly, plays well in short-range defense, which is well translate to the NHL. 

Clark was good in camp. But he is not a first rounder. Only reason why they didn`t pick him for the roster. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2

Bob McKenzie dropped his preliminary ranking for the 2021 draft. He has Luke Hughes at 10. I didn’t realize he was so much bigger than Jack and Quinn. 

10. Luke Hughes: The third member of the USA Hockey Hughes clan — brothers Jack and Quinn, of course — is pretty much guaranteed to follow in their footsteps as an NHL first-rounder, but will Luke go in the Top 10 like Jack (No. 1) and Quinn (No. 7)? There’s certainly a chance. Luke has been measured at 6-foot-2, so that would make him the biggest of the three Hughes boys. And while he’s clearly an offense-first defenceman, no one is suggesting he’s as dynamic as Quinn. But there is considerable offensive upside there.

https://www.tsn.ca/blueliner-owen-power-tops-mckenzie-s-first-2021-draft-ranking-1.1561354
Bob release his pre draft ranking. 
Hughes is a good skater like his brother, he will better Defenseman with future experience, I believe, but I still in brother Clarke camp because of he is good enough, and position. We svck in RD. 
Lambos should go much higher. 

I did my homework on Zaitsev. #86. I already watched some of his games before in the beginning of the season, and finally watched 7 of his last games in a row. This is the first part of the cuts with Zaitsev. There are two more parts to come. They are in process of montage. After release I will publish a full review of his strengths and weaknesses here and now.
After that - WJC. 

This is a better quality version without subtitles.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, moustic said:

As always, love your work @Guadana ! 
Thanks ! 

thank you, it's always a pleasure.

I did the second part. Today I will probably finish the third part.

Zaitsev is #86 white jerseyGame against Salavat. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched 7 games in december(6 in december, and the last one in november)with Yegor Zaitsev. Before that, I also watched some of his games this fall. Based on the results of watching games in December, I can tell you who this Yegor is here and now.

Zaitsev is #86.

You can find full highlights with his 3 games earlier in this topic.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2

On 12/7/2020 at 11:02 AM, RunninWithTheDevil said:

At the risk of starting another Taylor Ham-esque dissent,

NYC pizza or North Jersey pizza? Which is better

This is easy: anything New Jersey is better than New York.  I say this as a totally unbiased lifelong Trenton, New Jerseyan.  It’s merely objective truth.

Edited by AEWHistory