Doc Emrick Retires

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may sound selfish, but it means as much to me as it does to you. May be more but in absolutely other way. I rooted  for the team for a very long time with the help of small newspaper articles.

Back in 2009, when I had season tickets, the Devils has this goofy little area setup right at the top of the escalators of the north entrance tower (now i think it’s a liquor bar or something?) where

As a young Devils fan, I was not happy to learn that Gary Thorne would be leaving our broadcasts. He was the voice I knew.  Then Doc arrived and I realized what calling a hockey game should sound

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lou is obviously an automatic when (if) he retires. 

We all know Lou will never retire. One day he'll just suddenly fade away mid-sentence Yoda style.

Literally saying "When time is on your side...."  *gasp*

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Your first mistake was joining HF.

It’s just so much more active over there. Especially the prospect threads, draft, etc.

I wish this place would get even half the amount of traffic. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

It’s just so much more active over there. Especially the prospect threads, draft, etc.

They definitely get a lot more traffic over there, especially right now since there really isn't much of anything of importance to talk about. I mainly stay in the Devils area since anytime I go into the main boards it just gives me a headache lol

21 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Quality over quantity. More traffic means more idiots. And there is no shortage of them over there.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Quality over quantity. More traffic means more idiots. And there is no shortage of them over there.

Agreed. There’s only 3-4 of us over here lol. 

• Haha 4

Dumb question, but is there a known address we can send a note to or something? Might be especially difficult with COVID and all that but I'd love to be able to send him a little handwritten message.

Edited by Devilsfan118

In the early 2000s, Doc and I happened to be on the same NJ Transit bus headed to Manhattan from Secaucus. I introduced myself to him and we talked the whole trip, mostly about the Devils. Great memory for me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd pop in to say I just started reading Doc's new book. I'm only about 2 1/2 chapters in, but it's fun so far. It really captures his enthusiasm, and as I read I can almost hear him telling the stories. If you're considering it, I'd say go for it.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Brick Pig said:

Thought I'd pop in to say I just started reading Doc's new book. I'm only about 2 1/2 chapters in, but it's fun so far. It really captures his enthusiasm, and as I read I can almost hear him telling the stories. If you're considering it, I'd say go for it.

it's a very enjoyable read.

• Like 1