NJDevs 2020-21 FHL - redruM is the Champ!

aylbert

Welcome to the NJDevs 2020-21 FHL!     

Invite renewals have been sent out and rosters have been updated to reflect ineligible keepers.  If you notice any errors on your roster or others, please let me know.  It's a rather manual process to sort through.

The draft date is January 6th, 8PM ET The keeper deadline is January 5th 3AM ET You may keep up to 3 players in place of your round 21, 22 and 23 picks.   Unfortunately, Yahoo does not support keeper tools on its mobile app.    You will need to do it on a PC or using your phones web browser (not the Yahoo Sports App).   

New this year: There is a 4th keeper for an RFA. This will be for player who has played no more than 100 games (100 games played = RFA eligible keeper, 101 games = RFA ineligible).   Standard keeping rules apply; so the player would need to have been drafted in the 6th round or later.   This keeper, just as all others, is completely optional and will be at the cost of your last available draft pick.    So you can still trade your 20th round pick and later decide to keep a 4th player if you desire.

Next Steps!!!
Now's the time to review your rosters and figure out your keeper situation.  Trades are permitted; but you can only trade this years draft picks and pick counts must be even.     Remember, you can only keep 3 (or 4 with RFA) players and they must be from Round 6 or later.

We will also be rewarding draft order by finish of last year.

Draft Order Selection

1.    Dynamo Nation - redruM-->  #1
2.   Zamboni Warriors - krunko7--> #14
3.   Zajac-ing Off - Devilsfan118 --> #2
4.   Miles Wood Fightclub - NQDevil--> #3
5.   Sworn Defenders - Aylbert--> #13
6.   NeoThrashers - MantaRay--> #5
7.   Kneel Before Saad - Campy --> #7
8.   Hard Dump - devlman --> #4
9.   One More Tank - LOTCB--> #6
10.  Eaglejelly - Eaglejelly-->#10
11.  Palm on and SLAM - Ralliart90-->#12
12.  Squirtle Squad - Henriqued--> #11
13.  NJDefenders - NJDEVS1730--> #8
14.  Wolverines!!! - DevilMinder--> #9

Edited by aylbert

My keepers will be Leon Draisaitl (#1 overall last season), Jack Eichel (#5), Sebastian Aho (#9) and likely Filip Zadina as my RFA.

Notably Tom Wilson (#13) and David Perron (#23) are available for trading (along with anyone else) 

Edited by aylbert

My keepers will be some combination of Mackinnon, Matthews, Zibanejad, Miller and Hart as the under 100 games one. I’d be willing to trade Mackinnon or Matthews for the correct winger eligible keeper plus pick(s). I’d send offers but I need to login on a computer first.

I’ll decide on which pick I want by this afternoon, deciding between 2 and 14.

2 hours ago, krunko7 said:

I’ll decide on which pick I want by this afternoon, deciding between 2 and 14.

Absolutely no rush at present.    I doubt the NHL is on track for Jan 1 at this point.
Keepers and draft will be determined when they announce NHL start.

• Like 1

2 quick questions:

1. How does the 4th keeper work for teams that have no one eligible...? Will they have to draft that slot or will they get their pick of anyone remaining? Found the answer in the first post.

2. Can I only trade with or for this years draft picks? Or are futures in play too?

Edited by krunko7

4 hours ago, krunko7 said:

2 quick questions:

1. How does the 4th keeper work for teams that have no one eligible...? Will they have to draft that slot or will they get their pick of anyone remaining? Found the answer in the first post.

2. Can I only trade with or for this years draft picks? Or are futures in play too?

Question 2 was also in the first post :)

Trades are permitted; but you can only trade this years draft picks and pick counts must be even. 

Preliminary dates for the draft:  Tuesday, January 5th, 8PM ET
The keeper deadline is January 4th 3AM ET.

If this date isn't good for anyone, please let me know and we can discuss what works best for everyone.
This date is assuming they start mid-January.

• Like 1

Damn guys sorry im way behind here, but I'll get everything set up pre-draft.  

I'll also select my draft spot based on what #2 decides.

Edit:

Keepers:

1. Barkov (standard)
  2. Marchand (standard)
  3. Price (standard)
  4. Q. Hughes ("RFA")
Edited by Devilsfan118

Pretty wild that 15 of the top 25 rated players are all keepers at this point.

35 of the top 50, too.

Really becoming a depth management type league.  Interesting challenge.

Edit: And jesus one team has three keepers in the top 13 players.  Essentially four first round picks going to one team, gg

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1