NJDevs 2020-21 FHL - redruM is the Champ!

aylbert

Hi all- 

Thanks for posting keepers here as a backup.  
To be clear, you should be selecting them in Yahoo which would make my job quite easy.

Draft is almost here, but most importantly, so is hockey!

image.png

Edited by aylbert

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Just want to confirm that the draft date is the 6th and not the 5th as mentioned in the first post

Correct, we changed it to accommodate, I updated it there now as well.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 9:56 AM, redruM said:

I will take #1 pick 

gladly accepting offers for that pick 

The Sworn Defenders and Dynamo Nation have come to terms on a trade.

Dynamo Nation trades their 1st (1OA), 6th, and 7th round picks to the Sworn Defenders for their 1st, 2nd, and 6th round picks.
(Sworn Defenders 6th round pick is the 2nd OA for keeper eligible picks)

9 minutes ago, aylbert said:

The Sworn Defenders and Dynamo Nation have come to terms on a trade.

Dynamo Nation trades their 1st (1OA), 6th, and 7th round picks to the Sworn Defenders for their 1st, 2nd, and 6th round picks.
(Sworn Defenders 6th round pick is the 2nd OA for keeper eligible picks)

Confirned

You gave him a second round pick to move around in the first round?

Interesting

Edit: I get the keeper selection, but this is essentially a move for the future.  Tanking before the draft is a bold choice lol

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Interesting

Edit: I get the keeper selection, but this is essentially a move for the future.  Tanking before the draft is a bold choice lol

Who is tanking here?    I moved to the 1OA and received a 7th  and gave up my 1st and 2nd round picks, and swapped my 6th round keeper pick.
He diversified and I consolidated talent.

Edited by aylbert

Official Ruling: The spirit of the keeper rule is to draft young, unproven talent (or bounce back candidates from a down year), as such we will not allow Nikita Kucherov to be kept this year since it was announced by Tampa that he would not return during the regular season.    If by chance he returns for the last week, etc...  he will remain ineligible.

This will apply to all season-long injuries...   it will not apply to players missing a month, etc.

I'm still working on getting the max to be 56.     We may need to roll with 65 games rather than try to enforce an honor system, etc.

Yahoo says the default is 56...   but I think because we renewed the league before the season was announced, they didn't adjust ours.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN6784.html

As you can see here:   the minimum I can select is still 65.

image.thumb.png.93dbeaf4c683691fca6a239eeff42196.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Interesting

If you think I’m tanking you donot get it

i made 4 picks before anyone else made 3 & sworn only had 1 pick 

IMHO this was a move to be more competitive

Edited by redruM

1 hour ago, redruM said:

If you think I’m tanking you donot get it

i made 4 picks before anyone else made 3 & sworn only had 1 pick 

IMHO this was a move to be more competitive

My only thought was he missed my 1st was going back to you as well.

I have confirmed with Yahoo that their engineering team is still working on the game limits issue in the drop down, but when they do, it will be editable throughout the season...  so we absolutely will be using a 56 game limit.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, aylbert said:

Official Ruling: The spirit of the keeper rule is to draft young, unproven talent (or bounce back candidates from a down year), as such we will not allow Nikita Kucherov to be kept this year since it was announced by Tampa that he would not return during the regular season.    If by chance he returns for the last week, etc...  he will remain ineligible.

This will apply to all season-long injuries...   it will not apply to players missing a month, etc.

What about players that are signed to play in professional leagues outside of the NHL? they should not be keeper eligible either .

44 minutes ago, redruM said:

What about players that are signed to play in professional leagues outside of the NHL? they should not be keeper eligible either .

The litmus test I'm using:  would this play be drafted/rostered at all, if we did not have keepers.
Kucherov, a star talent, would clearly be drafted in the first 5 rounds if he was able to play this season - but was ruled out for the season.   
By drafting or rostering him for the sole purpose of keeping him next season circumvents the spirit of excluding the first 5 rounds from keeper eligibility.

For prospects (including those outside of the NHL - as you questioned) we introduced an NA roster spot to allow for stashing of likely non-elite prospect there (elite prospects tend to play in the NHL immediately and as such wouldn't carry the NA designation). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...