New Season Announced: Training camp 31st December

Chimaira_Devil_#9

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Devils sent out an email, everything rolled over to the 21-22 season and they gave a food and beverage credit for the 21-22 season. Also...

"Additionally, once we are given approval to begin hosting fans for the forthcoming 2020-21 season you, as a Devils Black and Red Member, you will be given priority access to secure tickets for games at Prudential Center." 

I'm happy because this is exactly what I wanted so kudos to the team for not making it difficult. I didn't see anything about refunds though which is interesting because I'm sure there are some people who will want a refund.

I might be looking for a refund since I may be moving to upstate NY in the summer. I'll see if they try to give me any push back or just hand it over. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I might be looking for a refund since I may be moving to upstate NY in the summer. I'll see if they try to give me any push back or just hand it over. 

I can't imagine they will fight you over it since there's always an opt out time frame to not renew for the next season anyway. I would hope they wouldn't at least since people have lost their jobs, had pay reduced, financial family emergencies and stuff like you moving, etc etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I can't imagine they will fight you over it since there's always an opt out time frame to not renew for the next season anyway. I would hope they wouldn't at least since people have lost their jobs, had pay reduced, financial family emergencies and stuff like you moving, etc etc etc. 

You're right, I'm not really expecting much of an issue. I'm sure its going to be very common in the next few months

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Hey it would probably be a good idea to sign Blackwood and Bratt before next week, right? 

I'd be surprised if they weren't waiting to see what was actually happening with this season before they put pen to paper.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm having such a hard time getting hyped for the season for some reason. I'm hoping it'll change as it gets closer, but I just... I don't know.

This division we've been put in is brutal. How's the draft this year?

there are no consensus for the first over all. I would say Kakko and Byfield would be 1st OA if they were born in 2002. At the same time, there are enough good defensemen, and if Fitz does not get to solve the problem of the first pick in the draft, the Devils will be able to get the right hockey player.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm having such a hard time getting hyped for the season for some reason. I'm hoping it'll change as it gets closer, but I just... I don't know.

I'm with you on this.  Playing the same 7 teams 8 times, without playing the other teams in the league, is monotonous at best.  To top it off, the Division is brutal, while the West and Central look weak.    

I get why they are doing it this way and having 7 Canadian teams in the League with the closed border makes it nearly impossible to do what the NFL, MLB, and NBA are doing, but I have never been less excited for an NHL season to start.  It will be nice to have something to watch on TV, but I'm just not invested in this season and can't really take it seriously under this format.

Edited by Chuck the Duck
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Good, I’m glad they did the right thing by you (and others). 

Between him and Murray you’d have to hope at least one of them is healthy while the other is missing time from injury...

whoops meant to quote the post about Vatanen 

Edited by Nicomo

Gonna be an interesting season having to play games against just our division, and our division looks to be one of the tougher ones, but I'm glad hockey is going to be played. I'm excited to see some of the new guys on the squad, and really excited to see if Blackwood can/has developed into the real thing. I have high hopes for him being our brick wall for the next decade+

• Like 1

i think history will repeat itself...

and by that i mean... i remember some fans who couldnt wait for the 2019-2020 season... then during the season, they couldn't wait til the season to be over.... now they wants the season to start again.... and i predict they may want this one to be over sooner than later too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

and by that i mean... i remember some fans who couldnt wait for the 2019-2020 season... then during the season, they couldn't wait til the season to be over.... now they wants the season to start again.... and i predict they may want this one to be over sooner than later too lol

Meh, the expectations should be much lower going into this season. If they’re even mildly competitive I’ll be happy. I just want to see the young guys progressing under Ruff. 

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Meh, the expectations should be much lower going into this season. If they’re even mildly competitive I’ll be happy. I just want to see the young guys progressing under Ruff. 

Agree. All I am looking for out of these 56 games is something to tell me that we’re headed in the right direction. Mildly competitive might even be too high of an expectation. I kind of feel like we’re going to get blown out again, but we’ll see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Having been starved of Devils hockey for so long I can't wait for the season to start. My hope for the season is;

1. Ruff plays a more offensive style than Hynes.

2. That Blackwood, Bratt and Nico continue to take strides.

3. That Hughes takes a step forward.

4. That the likes of Smith, Merkley, Boqvist and Kuokkanen get an opportunity to show what they can do.

5. They don't let the rags walk all over them.

Other than that the roster isn't significantly better than last season but, it'll be good to see some new faces on the ice. I fully expect to be looking at a top ten (if not higher) pick in the draft.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Having been starved of Devils hockey for so long I can't wait for the season to start. My hope for the season is;

1. Ruff plays a more offensive style than Hynes.

2. That Blackwood, Bratt and Nico continue to take strides.

3. That Hughes takes a step forward.

4. That the likes of Smith, Merkley, Boqvist and Kuokkanen get an opportunity to show what they can do.

5. They don't let the rags walk all over them.

Other than that the roster isn't significantly better than last season but, it'll be good to see some new faces on the ice. I fully expect to be looking at a top ten (if not higher) pick in the draft.

Yeah as much as I'm looking forward to watching games again and the Daddy-daughter time that comes with it, I have a feeling that this team is in for a particularly tough season (unless both goalies play out of their minds...I will be feeling for them for sure)...sadly, it won't shock me that much if they struggle to win much more than 20 games.  One of those seasons where you don't look at the record and goal differential, but for real progress and steps forward.  Good news (as has been discussed) is that the team should be more competently coached, and the goaltending has a legit chance to play above-average.  Devils may score a little too...but oh my that D...

At least after this season, Devils only have one more season of PK on the books.  I'll take the positives wherever I can find them.  

Re:  the Rangers...I would gladly take a season split with them.  

• Like 1

I would like to get a look a lot of young players. We have all of this talent up and coming, let's take a look at a few of them and see what they can do. I mean the season hasn't started, its only 56 games, our division is very tough, and 2021's season is already basically fvcked. Let's use the opportunity to see what we've got. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would like to get a look a lot of young players. We have all of this talent up and coming, let's take a look at a few of them and see what they can do. I mean the season hasn't started, its only 56 games, our division is very tough, and 2021's season is already basically fvcked. Let's use the opportunity to see what we've got. 

Yep, that about sums it up.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I hope the team, especially the young guys, approach this season as a growth and trial run. No pressure, no real expectations, just go out there and learn. This realistically isn't going to be a playoff year, so make the most of the experience. 

My only expectation is that Jack will have 70-75 points. Other than that I expect nothing from anyone. 

;) 

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I hope the team, especially the young guys, approach this season as a growth and trial run. No pressure, no real expectations, just go out there and learn. This realistically isn't going to be a playoff year, so make the most of the experience. 

I’m calling playoffs. Having one of the best goaltending duos in the league will really be a benefit with the shortened season.

Having all the young kids, many of whom I think take really good strides forward, will help with physical recovery from one game to the next. There will be a lot of beat up teams this year and having a young squad can actually be in our favor.

I think our forward depth isn’t a weakness and the defense should be improved. Can’t wait for the season to go.

...and if not, like you said, it’ll be a great season for gaining valuable experience.

Edited by devlman
  • Shocking 2