New Season Announced: Training camp 31st December

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

i don't hate it - should create a lot more intensity. I wouldn't mind if they keep this idea going forward and just throw in 1 game against the west (alternating each year who gets at home) and 2 games against the other division.

obviously go back to regular divisions when travel permits next year (all canada division stinks under normal circumstances).

I think this will inject some much needed animosity back into the league between local teams. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t have enough time for that lol. 

I liked it.  There were one or two days where I had nothing to do so it was nice to watch a full day of hockey and a bunch of different games in a row, and other times when I did have stuff going on it was nice to know that whenever I had a lull and some free time there was pretty much a game going on regardless of when that occurred.  

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I liked it.  There were one or two days where I had nothing to do so it was nice to watch a full day of hockey and a bunch of different games in a row, and other times when I did have stuff going on it was nice to know that whenever I had a lull and some free time there was pretty much a game going on regardless of when that occurred.  

Yeah I can see that and I guess I did turn on a random game now and then. 

• Like 1

so ive been reading that for teams playing each others but that are far like MTL/Vancouver for example. They'll make the trip and play like 3 games in 4 nights against that team.

And as we've seen in our schedule... everything is close but it's almost back to back games against the same teams. 

This is going to be interesting

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Maybe they agreed to stricter testing and protocols... 

maybe but I haven't seen anything saying it's been worked out. I did see something where one of the things the NHL was offering was the players doing more PSAs on ways to protect yourself against the virus. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 4:15 PM, sundstrom said:

i don't hate it - should create a lot more intensity. I wouldn't mind if they keep this idea going forward and just throw in 1 game against the west (alternating each year who gets at home) and 2 games against the other division.

obviously go back to regular divisions when travel permits next year (all canada division stinks under normal circumstances).

Eh heck no after this season, for this year it's a neccesary evil but we saw the souped up division schedules in the late '00's, it got real old fast and would be doubly so when you now have mostly in-division playoffs for the first two rounds as well.  Six times a year with the bigger divisions is fine, that's still half your schedule being division games.  

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2