2021 Training Camp Thread

MadDog2020

11 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

How long does it take to get your ducks in a row after you sign?

I wonder if its as simple as his signature on a contract being the final step. Kinda like they can issue his clearance if he is employed in the States.

Then again, it has to go through a government agency, and we all know how wonderfully fast they work...

Merkley is number one in line for roster spot. 
Jacobs want to take a spot on the right side. Carrick is our 3rd RD. So he has a lot of chances.
Butcher didnt even try.
Zacha looks like mature NHL player, they have best chemistry on the ice with Gusev.
I like how Mcleod was looking with the puck, I dont like how Mcleod was looking without the puck. 
Our ottawa 67 D`s looks great and involved.
Foote doesnt look roster ready.
Wood looks better with the puck than I could have expected. He is Wood still. I want to see Sharangovich on the left side with Goose and Zacha.
Hughes looked good, but I want to see how he will cope with more active pressure.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Binghamton Devils are now.... Also the New Jersey Devils 😂. One more New York team playing in NJ, but I'm okay with this one. 

So instead of saying someone was ‘sent down’ after a demotion, we’ll be saying they were ‘sent to the practice rink’. 🤣

• Haha 1

Too lazy to look it up but I think at least one of the parent clubs already has a plan in place to send thier players to another AHL club. Kind of turning the clock back a few years where not every NHL club had their own AHL team. It's far from ideal in that the host club will probably only want to take on a handful of guys but it's better than nothing. I'm surprised more AHL teams aren't pulling the plug if there's no gate money. 

i guess the teams that aren't going to operate this year will try to send their players to play in Europe? Binghamton likely would've opted out if Fitz didn't step in. Now everybody's (players/coaches etc) have to relocate to North Jersey. i'm looking fw to going to a couple games at Barnabas when they open it up for us guys.