2021 Training Camp Thread

MadDog2020

Here is the whole thing.

Shootout starts at 1:32:00.  I'm going in now so I'll edit in the timestamp for Hughes when I get there.

Took some notes..

Gusev Blackwood 1:32:00    Goal
Zacha Senn 1:32:40    Save
Boqvist Blackwood 1:33:00    Save
Severson Senn 1:33:20    Save
Hughes Blackwood 1:33:38    Goal
Merkely Senn 1:34:00    Save
Palmieri Blackwood 1:34:18    Goal
Johnsson Senn 1:34:40    Save
Koukkanen Blackwood 1:35:00    Goal
Zajac Senn 1:35:20    Save

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Here is the whole thing.

Shootout starts at 1:32:00.  I'm going in now so I'll edit in the timestamp for Hughes when I get there.

Took some notes..

Gusev Blackwood 1:32:00    Goal
Zacha Senn 1:32:40    Save
Boqvist Blackwood 1:33:00    Save
Severson Senn 1:33:20    Save
Hughes Blackwood 1:33:38    Goal
Merkely Senn 1:34:00    Save
Palmieri Blackwood 1:34:18    Goal
Johnsson Senn 1:34:40    Save
Koukkanen Blackwood 1:35:00    Goal
Zajac Senn 1:35:20    Save

Senn is a brick wall lol. 

On 1/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, mfitz804 said:

That’s bad, I would be upset if our AHL guys just lost a year of their development.

Yeah no kidding. I don't get it either...why would the entire team opt out?  I mean we've seen individual players opting out in pretty much all of the four major sports this past year, but an entire team?  

money, it's a gate driven league and both the AHL and ECHL teams run on shoestring budgets.  Especially the majority of the teams on the east coast which is why teams come and go and bounce around even in good times. I can tell you from experience for example the Flyers, Devils, Rangers and Canes don't give two fuxks when it comes to helping with the operating costs of their minor league teams.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

money, it's a gate driven league and both the AHL and ECHL teams run on shoestring budgets.  Especially the majority of the teams on the east coast which is why teams come and go and bounce around even in good times. I can tell you from experience for example the Flyers, Devils, Rangers and Canes don't give two fuxks when it comes to helping with the operating costs of their minor league teams.

That's true, didn't really think about the fact that they have similar expenses as the big clubs do but don't get nearly the same money coming in from TV, merchandise, advertising, etc.

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah no kidding. I don't get it either...why would the entire team opt out?  I mean we've seen individual players opting out in pretty much all of the four major sports this past year, but an entire team?  

The 3 teams that opted out also aren't owned by an NHL team so their owners aren't going to lose money just so their NHL affiliates can develop their players. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Anyone slightly disappointed with Nolan Foote? He has hardly made an impact form what I have seen. Was hoping he would come in and be challenging for a spot. 

Didn’t he miss a ton of time last season with an injury? I never expected any of these young kids to make the team other than Ty Smith tbh.

Not quite as “young” by NHL standards (he’s 22), but it would be great if Sharangovich earned a spot. We could really use another forward over 6 ft 200 lbs. He seems to have the ability to score some goals. 17 G in 34 GP in the KHL this season. 

Edited by Nicomo

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Didn’t he miss a ton of time last season with an injury? I never expected any of these young kids to make the team other than Ty Smith tbh.

Not quite as “young” by NHL standards (he’s 22), but it would be great if Sharangovich earned a spot. We could really use another forward over 6 ft 200 lbs. He seems to have the ability to score some goals. 17 G in 34 GP in the KHL this season. 

I would really like to see what Sharangovich has to offer at the NHL level. 

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yes he was, I think he only played a handful of games after we traded for him. Was just hoping to see a bit more. Hopefully he can develop in the AHL. 

On 1/6/2021 at 9:10 PM, titans04 said:

Your point is so well taken. The Devils AHL club has now been moved to Newark. For me, this could be terrific. When fans can return I might be able to afford the AHL tickets. Does anyone know what the team name will be? The Newark Devils? 

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

Your point is so well taken. The Devils AHL club has now been moved to Newark. For me, this could be terrific. When fans can return I might be able to afford the AHL tickets. Does anyone know what the team name will be? The Newark Devils? 

I'm sure they'll continue to call them Binghamton Devils. We'll be going back there next season. We need all the STH they can get.

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Here they are, YOUR RWJ BARNABAS HEALTH HOCKEY HOUSE DEVILS OF BINGHAMTON!!!! 

NOW WAVE THOSE TOWELS OR ELSE!!!

*confused janitor in empty arena waves his cleaning rag*

HEY ALL YOU RWJ BARNABAS HEALTH HOCKEY HOUSE DEVILS OF BINGHAMTON FANS!!!!! WHO. WANTS. A T-SHIIIIIIIRT?!?!?!

• Haha 3