2021 Training Camp Thread

MadDog2020

49 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Still better to me than dealing with the entitled crowd raging cause their expectations of being back in the playoffs in less than 5 years of rebuilding from scratch wasnt met

Nonstop negativity vs unrealistic expectations...

both are annoying. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nonstop negativity vs unrealistic expectations...

both are annoying. 

Yeahhh... im quite annoying myself of course. Nobody would deny that.

But honestly through the last 5 years i haven't really been mad at the team or upset at us losing. I just took the mindset that this is the cost we paid for all those years of been at the top of the league and that we ran it to the ground and just have to start over now. But we have all those good memories to look back to. Many teams don't have that at all, we're incredibly lucky. So when we lose i just see it as a step closer to land a player who could help us, we're not going to win the cup anyway, so might as well build towards that slowly. And its going to take... time... lots of luck and good timing... we've had the luck of landing 2 first overall... but badluck had it that we landed the 2 with the lowest ceiling out of most of the recent first draft picks, of course.

So anyway. While that mindset saved me from throwing anything at the tv in the last 5 years... nonstop negativity and unrealistic expectations some fans have is just as frustrating if not more lol

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeahhh... im quite annoying myself of course. Nobody would deny that.

But honestly through the last 5 years i haven't really been mad at the team or upset at us losing. I just took the mindset that this is the cost we paid for all those years of been at the top of the league and that we ran it to the ground and just have to start over now. But we have all those good memories to look back to. Many teams don't have that at all, we're incredibly lucky. So when we lose i just see it as a step closer to land a player who could help us, we're not going to win the cup anyway, so might as well build towards that slowly. And its going to take... time... lots of luck and good timing... we've had the luck of landing 2 first overall... but badluck had it that we landed the 2 with the lowest ceiling out of most of the recent first draft picks, of course.

So anyway. While that mindset saved me from throwing anything at the tv in the last 5 years... nonstop negativity and unrealistic expectations some fans have is just as frustrating if not more lol

Point one: great mindset to have. The only other team I’m as diehard over as the Devils is the Bengals. They haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years...

Disagree with the second. Nico is certainly on the lower end of #1’s (probably a Nugent-Hopkins type), but Jack’s ceiling is super high. If he reaches his full potential he’s a PPG + player. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Point one: great mindset to have. The only other team I’m as diehard over as the Devils is the Bengals. They haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years...

Disagree with the second. Nico is certainly on the lower end of #1’s (probably a Nugent-Hopkins type), but Jack’s ceiling is super high. If he reaches his full potential he’s a PPG + player. 

yeah maybe you're right and i hope you are

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

We moved up the list of playoff win droughts now that Buffalo (🤢🤬) and Cleveland both won last weekend. You guys and the Lions are the only teams with longer playoff win droughts than my Dolphins now. 😕

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

We moved up the list of playoff win droughts now that Buffalo (🤢🤬) and Cleveland both won last weekend. You guys and the Lions are the only teams with longer playoff win droughts than my Dolphins now. 😕

Sorry for going off topic, but what do you think of these Tua trade rumors? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sorry for going off topic, but what do you think of these Tua trade rumors? 

I mean, I love Tua, but if we have a shot at Deshaun Watson (within reason), I’d have to consider it. It IS Deshaun Watson. But not if we have to give up the whole franchise- then we become the Texans. No one wants to be the Texans lol. I’m PERFECTLY fine keeping Tua, drafting Devontae Smith at 3, Najee Harris at 18, and Roll Motherfvcking Tide. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm a Jets fan. Nothing the Devils do can hurt me as bad as what the Jets do pretty much every year. You know, like showing up for the last 2 weeks of the season when there's a possible franchise QB waiting in the draft. 

I'm just excited to watch my hockey team again for the first time in 10 months. I'm not expecting much. I did a fantasy draft last night and the first Devil to go was Palmieri in I think round 11 

• Like 1