2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

23 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think what I’m looking forward to the most this season is the constant complaining about how much we suck, how much all of our players suck, how much all of our prospects suck, and how everyone else’s grass (particularly the Rags’) is greener than ours. Should be a barrel of laughs. Let’s go!

Brace yourself, because it looks like the Rags are going to be pretty decent unfortunately :lol: 

I have a hard time not getting frustrated with the lack of progress of our perpetual rebuild, especially when looking at how our rivals are jetting past us.  I'm not going to beat that horse to death (or rather, I'll try not to) but I have no problem with fans voicing their displeasure with this franchise right now.

The Devils deserve criticism for poor drafting and development recently.  Not saying the sky is falling, or that we've truly become the Oilers of the east, but... the reality is what it is.  The Devils have become basement dwellers for the better part of a decade now and still have very little to show for it on the roster currently.  This roster should be loaded with talent, given how low we've finished overall over the past ten years.  And we have... two first overall picks who are still trying to figure it out and a 6th round pick leading the charge.

image.thumb.png.d8da576fe93d349afc7c95c77da6581d.png

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Poor drafting, management turnover, and not having elite players leaving their teams just because they want to play for our team. 

I have to say, the one place I am positive though, besides the young talent, is Ruff, Fitz, and Recchi. There is more reason to believe that in a year or two things can be better than they are today than in the past few seasons. I think the draft could be interesting again this year and add to that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Poor drafting, management turnover, and not having elite players leaving their teams just because they want to play for our team. 

I have to say, the one place I am positive though, besides the young talent, is Ruff, Fitz, and Recchi. There is more reason to believe that in a year or two things can be better than they are today than in the past few seasons. I think the draft could be interesting again this year and add to that. 

Supposedly this year's draft has a lot of good defensemen. A cornerstone D-man is another important piece we could definitely use. 

Have no interest in these games today besides seeing the first minute. Ads on the helmet look minor league and the ref giving a minute speech before puck drop was corny as hell. 

Hopefully MSG goes with no crowd noise, whoever is piping this fake fan audio in sounds like they put a youtube video on a cell phone up against the microphone. Terrible. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Looks like Nolan Patrick has scored for the flyers for the first time since 2018. This extended layoff might mean he has finally solved his health issues. 

Obviously would have been a better pick than Nico, he has no goals this season. 

Edited by mfitz804

Wow, they really went with ads on the helmets?  Had no idea that was happening.  It looks pretty fvcking stupid.  If they decide to put them on the jerseys (or pants, etc), or anywhere else on the ice (like the corner faceoff circles, a la European style), then I'm done.  I absolutely can't stand ads plastered everywhere.  It's bad enough we have the "Metropolitan division presented by Discover" or whatever the fvck it is. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow, they really went with ads on the helmets?  Had no idea that was happening.  It looks pretty fvcking stupid.  If they decide to put them on the jerseys (or pants, etc), or anywhere else on the ice (like the corner faceoff circles, a la European style), then I'm done.  I absolutely can't stand ads plastered everywhere.  It's bad enough we have the "Metropolitan division presented by Discover" or whatever the fvck it is. 

What do you mean you’re “done”? You’d stop watching hockey over advertising?

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What do you mean you’re “done”? You’d stop watching hockey over advertising?

I'd be done buying any merchandise, at least, that has ads on it if things start to look like European hockey/football. The team gets paid to wear those logos, I don't. 

I hate the helmet ads too. 

There's a CGI Enterprise ad on the ice just over the blue line that doesn't sit still too. I hate it. It's distracting. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

Penguins fell apart there. 

Flyers will be tough this year. 

Although the Pens scored three, one was a fvck up from Hart (Crosby still had work to do , but it was an open net) and they didn't really hold onto the puck at all well. 

They might have an up and down year. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Looks like Nolan Patrick has scored for the flyers for the first time since 2019. This extended layoff might mean he has finally solved his health issues. 

his dman slapped from the point. Hit him in the ass as he was trying to jump out of the way and it went in... 

So not sure it's saying much about his play but he got the goal lol

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd be done buying any merchandise, at least, that has ads on it if things start to look like European hockey/football. The team gets paid to wear those logos, I don't. 

I hate the helmet ads too. 

There's a CGI Enterprise ad on the ice just over the blue line that doesn't sit still too. I hate it. It's distracting. 

I’m not familiar with the Euro teams or soccer, but do the jerseys they sell to fans have the ads? I would expect they would be added after the manufacturing process, so they could be changed. If that’s the case, it would stand to reason that non-ad versions would be available. 

Or that could be wrong. 

NHL / Owners: "We'll definitely lose an insane amount of money this season for having a season. But we'll take the hit cause we feel our fans and players deserve better." (then trade having full tickets revenue over a season with having a bit more ads out there so they can get a liiiittle extra revenue through this tough period)

"fans that deserved better": "Pffff fvck those guys for putting a logo on a helmet. I'm annoyed and i demand to not be annoyed."

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

his dman slapped from the point. Hit him in the ass as he was trying to jump out of the way and it went in... 

So not sure it's saying much about his play but he got the goal lol

He was solid enough, he was involved in the build up to that goal as well. 

He was strong on face offs. Won every one in his own zone I believe. 

He was drafted for his hands in close, didn't see any of that tonight. He was very much the big body in front. 

Will be interesting to see what he can actually do if he is now healthy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He was solid enough, he was involved in the build up to that goal as well. 

He was strong on face offs. Won every one in his own zone I believe. 

He was drafted for his hands in close, didn't see any of that tonight. He was very much the big body in front. 

Will be interesting to see what he can actually do if he is now healthy. 

just a shame that we just KNOW that he'll get injured again. He's literally cursed

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not familiar with the Euro teams or soccer, but do the jerseys they sell to fans have the ads? I would expect they would be added after the manufacturing process, so they could be changed. If that’s the case, it would stand to reason that non-ad versions would be available. 

Or that could be wrong. 

Non and versions don't exist. Or if they do they are not widespread. It's just standard practice over here. 

Football shirts have been like it for decades. Chelsea have unfortunately had two recent sponsors that have looked pretty awful in Yokohama tyres ( who'd logo had red I'm it which dictated the accents in the kit) and now Three , which is just a massive stylised 3. 

Samsung was the best.

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Non and versions don't exist. Or if they do they are not widespread. It's just standard practice over here. 

Football shirts have been like it for decades. Chelsea have unfortunately had two recent sponsors that have looked pretty awful in Yokohama tyres ( who'd logo had red I'm it which dictated the accents in the kit) and now Three , which is just a massive stylised 3. 

Samsung was the best.

That would be horrible. 

I’m thinking more it’s be a small patch like on the practice jerseys, which wouldn’t be added to the retail jerseys. 

But yeah, if the jersey starts reading SAMSUNG across the chest, I’m with you. 

20 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Joey Anderson with 2 Gs in Toronto tonight. Because of course

Matt Nieto once had a hat trick against Dallas

EDIT: Obviously not tonight, just saying he once did. I'm not all that upset Anderson had a pair on a stacked team... yet....

Edited by jagknife