2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I... do not understand this trade for the Jets.  I guess they're figuring PLD staying for the long term.

I mean, I guess it makes sense if Laine asked for a trade and made it clear he would not sign long(er) term.

There have been enough trade rumors about Laine that I have no problem believing he was on his way out regardless. They got the best deal possible for him, and they hope that PLD will stay.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Confirms to me that we had nothing to offer for PLD that I would have been ok with parting with. 

I don’t want a guy who pulled the sh!t PLD did the other night anyway. fvck that noise. I don’t need anything like that near my impressionable young core.

• Like 7

It's not fun when your team sucks... but there's a sort of peacefulness that comes with accepting it lol You're kind of untouchable when it comes to people chirping lol

A few of my pals are diehard Vancouver fans and were SO cocky recently. And im seeing them getting trolled online and getting soooo upset about it. Cause they have expectations and emotionally engaged lol

Recently anyone trying to mock me because of the devils im just like calmly going "yeah they are pretty bad, it's going to be a long season". Well that's stripping away any leverage out of someone trying to troll me haha

That seems like an extremely lopsided trade in favor of CBJ. I get the importance of wanting to be strong down the middle, and WPG will certainly have one of the best center depths in the league after this. But there are so many teams desperate for a player like Laine. I find it hard to believe that this is anywhere close to the best return they could have had. Good for Jarmo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

It's not fun when your team sucks... but there's a sort of peacefulness that comes with accepting it lol You're kind of untouchable when it comes to people chirping lol

A few of my pals are diehard Vancouver fans and were SO cocky recently. And im seeing them getting trolled online and getting soooo upset about it. Cause they have expectations and emotionally engaged lol

Recently anyone trying to mock me because of the devils im just like calmly going "yeah they are pretty bad, it's going to be a long season". Well that's stripping away any leverage out of someone trying to troll me haha

Zen in the art of being a basement dweller fan...

I think the Predators actually look worse under Hynes than they did after they tuned out Laviolette.  

Poile might be at the end of the line as well.  He’s made a lot of trades that made sense or even looked really good at the time but have since turned really sour.  Weber for Subban, Seth jones for RyJo, fiala for Granlund, anything for Kyle Turris, using money saved by dumping Subban on Duchene, etc.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I think the Predators actually look worse under Hynes than they did after they tuned out Laviolette.  

Poile might be at the end of the line as well.  He’s made a lot of trades that made sense or even looked really good at the time but have since turned really sour.  Weber for Subban, Seth jones for RyJo, fiala for Granlund, anything for Kyle Turris, using money saved by dumping Subban on Duchene, etc.   

It makes zero sense to me how this man got work so fast for such an abysmal track record. His coaching style is non-existent, his system is abysmal and easily exploitable. Take away Hall's Hart, and start players continuously flounder and under-perform under clueless guidance of DBA.

Poile has to be on the hot seat, especially after that hiring, cause he is pissing away the prime of guys like Josi and Foresberg.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, jagknife said:

It makes zero sense to me how this man got work so fast for such an abysmal track record. His coaching style is non-existent, his system is abysmal and easily exploitable. Take away Hall's Hart, and start players continuously flounder and under-perform under clueless guidance of DBA.

Poile has to be on the hot seat, especially after that hiring, cause he is pissing away the prime of guys like Josi and Foresberg.

I'm going to guess that the Preds gave Hynes the benefit of the doubt when it came to much of went wrong after 2017-18 (Cory's game falling off a cliff, for starters)...Poile might have simply believed that a change of scenery (and a more talented roster) would do a young head coach like Hynes some good.   

But yeah, doesn't look like he's acquitting himself as the Preds' HC.  Whenever he loses this gig, he might have to take an assistant gig, or go back to the AHL.  

Gotta give Mike Brown credit, he called this one even when the Devils were having a fun 2017-18...he used to rip Hynes constantly.  At the time I thought he was being a know-it-all and unfair, but he was right about DBA.  

• Like 2

Guess they didn't have enough room on the front for the "T" and "F?!"...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a shame to, given their location favor perfect excuse to make some really cool patriotic looking jerseys. This one is a fail.

Truly, I see that design and all I can think is “That’s the best you could come up with?!”

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotta give Mike Brown credit, he called this one even when the Devils were having a fun 2017-18...he used to rip Hynes constantly.  At the time I thought he was being a know-it-all and unfair, but he was right about DBA.  

I kinda miss that guy.