2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

I know the timing got all screwed up but the NHL did a good job with these games in Tahoe.   It was great scenery and since they can’t charge $400 per ticket with no fans, they can’t run this idea into the ground like they did with the winter classic/stadium series/heritage classic.  

Just one suggestion.  Get rid of the douche between periods that actually found a way to be less funny than Jeremy F’ing Roenick.  

12 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Philly soft pretzels are quite good.

Hot-off-the-presses Philly Pretzel Factory is damned good stuff.  Unfortunately the one is Hillsborough (where I work) and the one in Flemington (about 20 mins from where I live) went kaput a long time ago.  There's still some in NJ (Edison isn't too far away from work), but I miss have convenient locations to go to.  Sometimes if I go to Bridgewater Commons*, I'll go to Auntie Anne's, but like most soft pretzels, if they're not uber-fresh, they're not that great.  

*And on another note, Bridgewater Commons is in the early stages of dying a dead mall death...I've been going there lately to get my speedwalk miles in, when the weather is especially slushy/wet.  Lord and Taylor is almost done...never a good thing to lose a three-story anchor store...who is going to want to rent that kind of space?  This mall actually does a pretty good job of "hiding" empty spaces (they black out the windows and decorate them with flowery graphics...at least that beats looking into an abandoned space), but there's more of them than I remember seeing...and two more (Godiva and Gamestop) just went soyonara.  I went there Saturday night with my daughter, after dinner, just to walk off some calories with her...the place was actually kind of lively, which was nice to see.  If I go there on a weeknight, it's borderline dead...I went on Thursday afternoon (left work early due to weather) to get my miles in, and the place was so quiet and empty (except for the main mall music and whatever individual stores happening to be playing) it was damned near disturbing.  Everyone working there almost seemed sad...which was making me sad.  

Still weird to see the world that I knew for so long (especially when it came to where and how we shopped) changing so much.  Not that it's bad...things change.   

I hope this is not too long. We sure love to see the Rangers sucking. But i rather have the Rangers a middle of the pack team getting  middle of the pack picks. And they are obviously a worst team without Panarin. They already lucked into Laf and Kakko, that's enough top picks for them.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I hope this is not too long. We sure love to see the Rangers sucking. But i rather have the Rangers a middle of the pack team getting  middle of the pack picks. And they are obviously a worst team without Panarin. They already lucked into Laf and Kakko, that's enough top picks for them.

Right, so they are going nowhere fast, Panarin doesn't really feel like wasting his time, the team would rather he not be around so they get a better pick, makes you wonder. 

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, so they are going nowhere fast, Panarin doesn't really feel like wasting his time, the team would rather he not be around so they get a better pick, makes you wonder. 

well in cases like this i'm sure where his team rank at the end of the year must be a far afterthought. His family's safety is likely #1 and the whole due process that you have to go through when something like this happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

well in cases like this i'm sure where his team rank at the end of the year must be a far afterthought. His family's safety is likely #1 and the whole due process that you have to go through when something like this happen

I suppose that's true, I just hate him and the Rangers enough for it to cloud my judgment. I do hope he and his family are all ok. 

Also, if the allegation is true, he can go fvck himself and I hope he never plays in the NHL again. 

Edited by mfitz804

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I suppose that's true, I just hate him and the Rangers enough for it to cloud my judgment. I do hope he and his family are all ok. 

Also, if the allegation is true, he can go fvck himself and I hope he never plays in the NHL again. 

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on that allegation given it’s very likely to be an attempt at retribution by Putin. Obviously if it is true, then I agree. 

Edited by MadDog2020

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on that allegation given it’s very likely to be an attempt at retribution by Putin. Obviously if it is true, then I agree. 

Exactly, that's why I qualified it by saying if its true. 

It could well be made up, but if it is, they really made it very specific, date, location, age of the victim, etc...

• Like 1

I'll try and find them later but there's quotes already coming out from some people at the location saying it never happened and the coach is batsh!t crazy and the entire story is made up. Hotel manager types, security etc.  However I'm sure Putin has the ability to magically prop up others to say they were there and it did.  I believe Panarin still has family over there which would make me question his smarts for being so vocal against Putin because it was only a matter of time before something like this happened in retaliation.  Ovi is latched onto Putin's balls so Panarin is not going to to get much support from the RUssian players here imo.

Now if the story were to be true he should choke on a bag of dicks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'll try and find them later but there's quotes already coming out from some people at the location saying it never happened and the coach is batsh!t crazy and the entire story is made up. Hotel manager types, security etc.  However I'm sure Putin has the ability to magically prop up others to say they were there and it did.  I believe Panarin still has family over there which would make me question his smarts for being so vocal against Putin because it was only a matter of time before something like this happened in retaliation.  Ovi is latched onto Putin's balls so Panarin is not going to to get much support from the RUssian players here imo.

Now if the story were to be true he should choke on a bag of dicks.

Agreed. Well, he should also choke on a bag of dIcks because he's on the Rangers. But still. 

• Like 1

This is a touchy subject, but I don’t think something someone does as a teenage kid should cost them the rest of their lives (if it was a one time thing, not years of terrible behavior like that kid Arizona drafted).

I’m sure those of you follow the NFL know about the Joe Mixon incident when he was at Oklahoma. It was an absolutely terrible thing (he pretty much broke a girl’s face with one punch for supposedly using a racial slur and putting her hands on him first), but he’s been a model citizen ever since. But there was a large faction of people that wanted him taken off every teams draft boards, and basically be stopped from entering the NFL. My team (Bengals) took a chance on him though in the 2nd round, and by all accounts he seems like a great kid who just made a horrible mistake in the heat of the moment. 

But ofc he’s a Rag so fvck him anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is a touchy subject, but I don’t think something someone does as a teenage kid should cost them the rest of their lives (if it was a one time thing, not years of terrible behavior like that kid Arizona drafted).

I’m sure those of you follow the NFL know about the Joe Mixon incident when he was at Oklahoma. It was an absolutely terrible thing (he pretty much broke a girl’s face with one punch for supposedly using a racial slur and putting her hands on him first), but he’s been a model citizen ever since. But there was a large faction of people that wanted him taken off every teams draft boards, and basically be stopped from entering the NFL. My team (Bengals) took a chance on him though in the 2nd round, and by all accounts he seems like a great kid who just made a horrible mistake in the heat of the moment. 

But ofc he’s a Rag so fvck him anyway. 

I have a daughter. If some douche punches her in the face, that’ll be the last person he punches. You can count on that. Ask the last guy who put his hands on my wife, he’s probably still in Little Italy looking for the rest of his teeth. 

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. If you want to make that argument about a stupid kid that says something dumb on Twitter, maybe you’re right. I still don’t think so, I pretty much had my sh!t together by that age, but maybe I’m unusual in that respect, but you have a better argument. 

But you don’t beat the sh!t out of a woman and then say “I was young and dumb, what a horrible mistake”. A 19 year old is old enough to know that’s wrong and “young and dumb” is a poor excuse. 

You don’t hit girls, everyone knows that from when they are a child. 

• Like 1