2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

18 in a row 

It’s not even like they’ve had a chunk of OT or SO losses...they’re 0-15-3 for the 18 games.  Just insane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

After watching Taylor Hall half ass it in OT with Buffalo on a 17 game losing streak, I take back any earlier comments and never want to see him on a team I’m even casually rooting for ever again.  fvcking embarrassing 

Did you really get the impression that he truly mailed it in?  Not saying it’s not the case...given how this season has gone for both him and his team, his head is probably a complete mess.  

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That is amazing. 

It really is. It’s hard to do. You don’t lose that many games in a row by just being terrible. You need some exceptionally sh!tty luck too. The tying goal Philly scored tonight is the epitome of that type of luck. It bounced off of like three guys and went in lol.

3 hours ago, Lateralous said:

After watching Taylor Hall half ass it in OT with Buffalo on a 17 game losing streak, I take back any earlier comments and never want to see him on a team I’m even casually rooting for ever again.  fvcking embarrassing 

Dude is a cancer no matter where he goes, outside of that tremendous Hart season.

I'm not too proud of it, but I'm enjoying watching him suffer a bit with the way he left town.

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Dude is a cancer no matter where he goes, outside of that tremendous Hart season.

I'm not too proud of it, but I'm enjoying watching him suffer a bit with the way he left town.

The longer this goes on the more I feel like he is just really, really unlucky. The teams he has left haven't got any better or taken off. I don't think anyone would have expected Buffalo to be this bad. 

It would be interesting to see him on a good team and see if they suddenly fall apart. 

21 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Philly waived Ghost. Do we grab him?

I feel like I don’t watch them closely enough to know how bad he has gotten, but that’s a guy with. 52+ assist season as a defenseman not long ago. 

$4.5m cap hit for 3 more years after this one. 27 years old, maybe one of those “new surroundings, rediscover yourself” situations?

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like I don’t watch them closely enough to know how bad he has gotten, but that’s a guy with. 52+ assist season as a defenseman not long ago. 

$4.5m cap hit for 3 more years after this one. 27 years old, maybe one of those “new surroundings, rediscover yourself” situations?

I think we should give him a shot. If he fits in then we can protect him at the expansion but if he sucks we can expose him and hope they take him.

Really I’d prefer to expose Subban but unless Seattle really wants to get to the floor I don’t think they’ll take him. You never know till you try though.

11 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I think we should give him a shot. If he fits in then we can protect him at the expansion but if he sucks we can expose him and hope they take him.

Really I’d prefer to expose Subban but unless Seattle really wants to get to the floor I don’t think they’ll take him. You never know till you try though.

I kind of feel he's worth the risk. Your comparison to Subban is pretty close, same term left, but he's a little younger than PK was at the time and also costs half what PK cost. 

Granted he isn't a former Norris winner, but I feel like it's worth a shot. 

I have a feeling there will be other teams after him and he will not clear regardless. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I kind of feel he's worth the risk. Your comparison to Subban is pretty close, same term left, but he's a little younger than PK was at the time and also costs half what PK cost. 

Granted he isn't a former Norris winner, but I feel like it's worth a shot. 

I have a feeling there will be other teams after him and he will not clear regardless. 

To be fair Subban shouldn't be a norris winner either. And that's not just me hating. That year there's not a single logical metric that supports that he won it, it's ridiculous

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair Subban shouldn't be a norris winner either. And that's not just me hating. That year there's not a single logical metric that supports that he won it, it's ridiculous

That might be true, I have no idea. But he did win, and having that on his resume is worth something to some people. 

Having only really paid attention to him since he arrived in New Jersey, I have a hard time believing he was ever a really good player. People talk about Ty Smith and how smooth his movements are, PK is like the complete opposite of that. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That might be true, I have no idea. But he did win, and having that on his resume is worth something to some people. 

Having only really paid attention to him since he arrived in New Jersey, I have a hard time believing he was ever a really good player. People talk about Ty Smith and how smooth his movements are, PK is like the complete opposite of that. 

Well he was very good offensively but thats it.

When he won the norris, he was legit NOT:

- Playing on the PK

- Playing against top competition

- Sent on the ice to protect leads late in games

- Sent on defensive zone face-offs

I mean... honestly, how in hell do you win "best overall dman" in the league when you're NOT even put in these defensive situations, its fvcking ridiculous. Plus it was during a shortened season where he didn't play a single game against a West team.

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well he was very good offensively but thats it.

When he won the norris, he was legit NOT:

- Playing on the PK

- Playing against top competition

- Sent on the ice to protect leads late in games

- Sent on defensive zone face-offs

I mean... honestly, how in hell do you win "best overall dman" in the league when you're NOT even put in these defensive situations, its fvcking ridiculous. Plus it was during a shortened season where he didn't play a single game against a West team.

They probably did it just to annoy you. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did you really get the impression that he truly mailed it in?  Not saying it’s not the case...given how this season has gone for both him and his team, his head is probably a complete mess.  

It wasn’t a good effort.  Given how their season is going and this embarrassing losing streak their on, I don’t feel like it’s too much to ask to play those 5 minutes of OT like it’s game 7 of the Stanley Cup.