2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow that’ll be interesting, do they suspend him?? Pretty obvious suspension if it was anyone else. 

They have to on that one. They have no choice. Now- the length of that suspension? THAT is what will be interesting. Because if ANYONE does that exact same thing that McDavid does here, you’re talking five games, minimum. For a repeat offender like a Marchand or a Wilson, probably 10 or 15. Because he’s Connor McDavid, he probably gets two or three. And I won’t agree if it happens that way. He needs to be made an example of here. Five to seven games. I don’t think ten is out of the question. That was a nasty, dangerous elbow to the head, and Connor McDavid is entirely too good of a hockey player to be pulling sh!t like this.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

They have to on that one. They have no choice. Now- the length of that suspension? THAT is what will be interesting. Because if ANYONE does that exact same thing that McDavid does here, you’re talking five games, minimum. For a repeat offender like a Marchand or a Wilson, probably 10 or 15. Because he’s Connor McDavid, he probably gets two or three. And I won’t agree if it happens that way. He needs to be made an example of here. Five to seven games.

I googled suspensions for elbows to the head, guys who get 5 games are usually repeat offenders. Marchand had one. I think McDavid gets no more than 3. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I googled suspensions for elbows to the head, guys who get 5 games are usually repeat offenders. Marchand had one. I think McDavid gets no more than 3. 

I mean, he wound up and clocked him with the elbow. If I did that to you on the street, I’d be arrested and charged with assault. I agree the league will most definitely go light on the punishment because they don’t have any balls, but they shouldn’t.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he wound up and clocked him with the elbow. If I did that to you on the street, I’d be arrested and charged with assault. I agree the league will most definitely go light on the punishment because they don’t have any balls, but they shouldn’t.

There’s lots of stuff you can do in hockey that you can’t do in the street. But I don’t disagree. I just don’t think you throw the book at the most visible player in the league when he has no history of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s lots of stuff you can do in hockey that you can’t do in the street. But I don’t disagree. I just don’t think you throw the book at the most visible player in the league when he has no history of it. 

I think it’s okay to throw the book in certain cases at first time offenders; it’s gotta be something really blatant. That was a really nasty looking elbow. If they went heavy on him, I’d be fine with it. 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think it’s okay to throw the book in certain cases at first time offenders; it’s gotta be something really blatant. That was a really nasty looking elbow. If they went heavy on him, I’d be fine with it. 

I don’t disagree. But you know that’s not the guy they are going to make an example of, even if they wanted to throw the book at a first time offender.  He probably could’ve pulled his d!ck out and slapped him with it afterwards and he wouldn’t have gotten 5 games. 

Just now, jagknife said:

It’s alright. Nothing too memorable, but that’s coming from my hazy, alcohol filled memory of watching it Saturday night.

Yeah, it was ok. I’ll watch a few more episodes to see if it’s worth sticking with. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is it targeted toward nostalgic adults or to kids? That’ll make a huge difference. 

More the latter through one episode. I don’t remember anything really making me feel too nostalgic other than Bombay being in it. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

More the latter through one episode. I don’t remember anything really making me feel too nostalgic other than Bombay being in it. 

Could be it’s just not for us, then. I’ll still give it a shot, I watch all kinds of shows that are not for me. Like that fvcking Riverdale I can’t stop watching. 

The mighty ducks show was ok.  Most of it was introducing us to the misfit kids and showing us where Bombay is now.  The first episode seemed like typical Disney channel fare, but there was enough there for me to give it another try.