2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Imagine you add Panarin, Adam Fox, Trouba, Zibanejad, and then draft a 1st overall and 2nd overall within 3 years, plus Chytil, Miller, Kravtsov, you bring up Shesterkin who seems a legit #1 drafted the year before you arrived.

And then you miss the playoffs with 5 games left and they fire you for it.  

• Shocking 1

Our owners may suck, but no where near as much as the rangers.

These are the times where it's fun to be a devils fan in NY.   Every family memeber, and friends who are blueskirt fans are baffled by this move.  

Technically rangers related (and devils since he called a few games) Kenny Albert will be the play by play man for the Stanley cup for the. (Also for NBC this season)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

I would’ve just sucker punched Wilson. Don’t know why Smith engaged him so formally.

The only answer I can think of is that he didn’t want a suspension. It it’s me, we’re out of the playoffs, 3 games left, yeah, I would’ve just knocked him out when he wasn’t expecting it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

I would’ve just sucker punched Wilson. Don’t know why Smith engaged him so formally.

I just watched it again, he kind of just grabbed him by the helmet, it wasn’t so formal. But definitely not the cheap shot he deserved. 

Dreger just said Dolan was ‘unhappy with the direction of the team’, and that he thought they should be ‘further along’. That’s fvcking hilarious, and I hope this is the start of Dolan meddling with the Rags Knick style 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dreger just said Dolan was ‘unhappy with the direction of the team’, and that he thought they should be ‘further along’. That’s fvcking hilarious, and I hope this is the start of Dolan meddling with the Rags Knick style 🤣

I guess he disagrees about how far along their rebuild is. We keep saying it’s so far ahead of ours, not according to Dolan. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess he disagrees about how far along their rebuild is. We keep saying it’s so far ahead of ours, not according to Dolan. 

I’ve always hoped Dolan would begin meddling with the Rags. He’s more or less stayed out of things on the hockey side over there, while destroying the Knicks for years. Now that the Knicks are good again (or appear to be), maybe he’s set his sights on thinking he’s a hockey expert. It would be amazing if that’s the case 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man this drama has been absolutely delicious over the past 48 hours.

I always wonder about owners like Dolan, the Wilpons, etc...do they realize that the rest of the world thinks they’re incompetent meddling buffoons who ruin everything they touch?  Are they that friggin oblivious that they’re simply that incapable of EVER learning from their mistakes?  The Rangers’ rebuild was going fine...not that I’m the slightest bit upset that Dolan felt the need to trample all over it, but there was no reason to can those guys...none.