2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

26 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Rags fined 250k for their statement against Parros. Would love to see them tell the league to shuv it... And call Bettman unfit next haha. 

That’s bullish!t. $5,000 to Wilson for assaulting a couple of guys and then $250k to the Rangers for pointing out the obvious bullsh!t nature of the punishment. 

Only thing that would make it better is if Buchnevich got suspended for the cross check .

1 hour ago, lazer said:

I missed the part where devils owners have proven themselves.

Its like devils fans making fun of the sabres.

Everyone has potential for hope lol

good point.

No need to look in the mirror here and now while the rags implode a little though. Plenty of time for that all off season with the realization that we sucked d*ck yet again this season.

As for the 250k fine and Buchnevich inevitably getting suspended and not playing in their last two games how ironic I guess.  Maybe Parros should sell more of his Violent Gentlemen apparel and step aside from DPS.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans04 said:

good point.

No need to look in the mirror here and now while the rags implode a little though. Plenty of time for that all off season with the realization that we sucked d*ck yet again this season.

As for the 250k fine and Buchnevich inevitably getting suspended and not playing in their last two games how ironic I guess.  Maybe Parros should sell more of his Violent Gentlemen apparel and step aside from DPS.

Careful dude, someone might report your comment to the NHL and then you'd get fined for saying that. 

Don't speak out against the authoritiiii. 

south park cartman GIF

• Haha 2

Interesting it was only one game, Drury said earlier Buchnevich was most  done for the season prior to the ruling. The league got clowned by the whole sh!tshow. If they would of done the right thing and suspended Wilson none of that would of happened last night. They never seem to be able to get out of their own way.

Edited by titans04

3 hours ago, lazer said:

I missed the part where devils owners have proven themselves.

Its like devils fans making fun of the sabres.

Everyone has potential for hope lol

If you’re responding to my post, where did I say a friggin peep about Devils ownership?  At any rate the Wilpons and Dolan have been guilty of much buffoonery over the years...many years.  The “new” Devils owners really haven’t been here long enough to draw any real conclusions about them.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So Laf ended up with the exact same amount of points for his rookie season (21) as Jack did. 5 less games played, but still. Pretty comparable.

How did Mr “he’s NHL ready day 1 because he’s been playing against men while Jack has been playing against Mites” finish his second season?   

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

How did Mr “he’s NHL ready day 1 because he’s been playing against men while Jack has been playing against Mites” finish his second season?   

9 G 8 A 17 P 48 GP 

Every Rags game I watched I actually thought he looked better than Laf tbh. At least his overall game. Laf got hot towards the end of the season though. Needless to say, neither one of them were anymore ready than Jack. And Laf actually played his entire rookie season as a 19 year old. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

our top 3 scorers didn’t get to play exclusively in the weakest division in nhl history. 

100 points is cool but it makes me think back to last years baseball season when everyone was drooling over how good the top teams in the AL Central were, and then the three teams who made it out of the central were all swept out of the playoffs and you realize “ohhhhhhhh, it was just a dogsh!t division”

Or the Big 10 in college basketball. That’s why I hesitate to give the Devils ‘but tough division!’ excuse this year, we honestly don’t know how good or bad these teams are playing in pods.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Many saw this coming. He's a certain kind of coach, loves playing a d-1st system, and I think will be coaching somewhere else.

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

our top 3 scorers didn’t get to play exclusively in the weakest division in nhl history. 

100 points is cool but it makes me think back to last years baseball season when everyone was drooling over how good the top teams in the AL Central were, and then the three teams who made it out of the central were all swept out of the playoffs and you realize “ohhhhhhhh, it was just a dogsh!t division”

I get that it’s a lot like racking up passing yards in the big XII but if a Texas tech QB could average  800 yards passing per game, I would still find it damn impressive.    That’s how I see McDavid hitting 100.

it will be interesting to see how whichever team comes out of the North handles the conference final when they presumably face a real D for the first time all season.  

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Or the Big 10 in college basketball. That’s why I hesitate to give the Devils ‘but tough division!’ excuse this year, we honestly don’t know how good or bad these teams are playing in pods.

I think we know how good Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston are. Those teams have been perennial Cup contenders for years. The Islanders have also been solid for a while. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Sure that’s why we scored like sh!t, it was everyone else’s fault lol.