2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

I can’t believe this is the caliber of hockey knowledge on this site.

Killer post, just cherry pick it out of context.  Just ignore the whole back and forth that led up to this.  Carry on hockey genius.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Who are these ‘people’ that defended Jack’s point total but called out Laf early on?

I’m sure they’re talking about me. My point has always been that these were totally different situations though (Jack vs Laf). Everyone that even remotely follows prospects knew Jack was going to take some time to be physically mature enough to compete in the NHL. That was always the narrative around Jack and Kakko. The former was projected to be better in the long term, but the latter was supposed to be better right away.

Same with Laf. He was a 19 year old 6’2 193 lb winger that was supposed to be able to step right in and be an impact player immediately. So forgive me if I find his .37 PPG even more disappointing than a 160 lb (soaking wet) 18 year old kid having a .34 rookie season. But as you know folks like to pick and choose when context matters around here. 

Just now, titans04 said:

Killer post, just cherry pick it out of context.  Just ignore the whole back and forth that led up to this.  Carry on hockey genius.

He has to do that because he’s all bluster and no content. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Not so. I literally said he had a bad season and I hoped he would improve. I never called him a bust or said it was likely he would be. You and a bunch of other people need to check your facts, but if you did that, you’d have to admit you are wrong which you don’t like to do.  

Nicomo definitely did. I’m sure there’s others. 

Move the goalpost or just flat out make sh!t up, whatever you want to do.

So one person supposedly doing that is behind this circle jerk of the Jack Hughes will be a bust club? Mental.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure they’re talking about me. My point has always been that these were totally different situations though (Jack vs Laf). Everyone that even remotely follows prospects knew Jack was going to take some time to be physically mature enough to compete in the NHL. That was always the narrative around Jack and Kakko. The former was projected to be better in the long term, but the latter was supposed to be better right away.

Same with Laf. He was a 19 year old 6’2 193 lb winger that was supposed to be able to step right in and be an impact player immediately. So forgive me if I find his .37 PPG even more disappointing than a 160 lb (soaking wet) 18 year old kid having a .34 rookie season. But as you know folks like to pick and choose when context matters around here. 

I definitely was talking about you, you definitely did it. It’s just facts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Move the goalpost or just flat out make sh!t up, whatever you want to do.

So one person supposedly doing that is behind this circle jerk of the Jack Hughes will be a bust club? Mental.

What goalpost did I move? That’s what you like to say when your argument proves to be sh!t. And what did I make up?

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I think he's going through that "grow it out while I still have it" phase that so many of us balding dudes seemingly go through.

Been there, done that :lol: 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It worked for Ben Franklin. 

I made one last attempt to grow long hair a few years ago, and sure enough, one of my wife’s friends said “Why does he want to look like Ben Franklin?”  That was most definitely that.  Long hair gone.  Shaved noggin ever since. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I made one last attempt to grow long hair a few years ago, and sure enough, one of my wife’s friends said “Why does he want to look like Ben Franklin?”  That was most definitely that.  Long hair gone.  Shaved noggin ever since. 

I mean Ben was cool, but I don’t want to look like him. 

Of course I have a full head of hair anyway so it’s irrelevant. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I mean Ben was cool, but I don’t want to look like him. 

Of course I have a full head of hair anyway so it’s irrelevant. 

Neither did I.

I miss my full head of hair sometimes, but fortunately I can pull off the shaved head.  And as I’ve detailed, great to look the same no matter what.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Neither did I.

I miss my full head of hair sometimes, but fortunately I can pull off the shaved head.  And as I’ve detailed, great to look the same no matter what.  

More than a few days that I wake up and don’t feel like brushing my hair, but brush it I must. 

Prince William drives me crazy, he’s really sticking with that 1970’s style, “around the back” wrap around look. Just shave your head. It’s 2021, you look like an idiot. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

More than a few days that I wake up and don’t feel like brushing my hair, but brush it I must. 

Prince William drives me crazy, he’s really sticking with that 1970’s style, “around the back” wrap around look. Just shave your head. It’s 2021, you look like an idiot. 

Yeah agree 100% heh heh.  I still have quite a bit up top...just not quite enough to try to make a hairstyle that doesn’t scream “It’s thinning!”  Sean Connery could pull off the “horseshoe”, but not many can.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah agree 100% heh heh.  I still have quite a bit up top...just not quite enough to try to make a hairstyle that doesn’t scream “It’s thinning!”  Sean Connery could pull off the “horseshoe”, but not many can.

Young guy, possible future king, decent looking wife, just shave your head!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I started shaving my head during the pandemic and I'll never go back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lazer said:

You would think if the devils let anyone go, it would be this week, no?

If it were me, I would be trying to clear the decks and re-fill those positions as far ahead of the draft as is possible. So yes, I would start now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

The bloodletting at NYR continues as Quinn and most of his staff have been given the sack.

Reunion with Torts on the cards?

Absolutely bizarre. Glad their franchise is taking steps backwards.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aitchmack said:

The bloodletting at NYR continues as Quinn and most of his staff have been given the sack.

Reunion with Torts on the cards?

If they get a guy like Gallant it's a huge step forward unfortunately.  Torts too imo. Can't see them going with an unproven guy they just made that mistake.  Dolan is a first class douche but if I were a fan I wouldn't hate it if my owner called enough with the rebuild I want to win now.  After X number of years it's time to take meaningful steps forward and not baby steps. Now will he cause them to shoot themselves in the dick, I certainly hope so. Guess we'll see how much control Drury really has.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If they get a guy like Gallant it's a huge step forward unfortunately.  Torts too imo. Can't see them going with an unproven guy they just made that mistake.  Dolan is a first class douche but if I were a fan I wouldn't hate it if my owner called enough with the rebuild I want to win now.  After X number of years it's time to take meaningful steps forward and not baby steps. Now will he cause them to shoot themselves in the dick, I certainly hope so. Guess we'll see how much control Drury really has.

I think you can count on them getting the best possible coach available. 

6 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I posted this gem in our off season thread as well. It deserves a hearty laugh here as well.  Meanwhile here's the card we're playing with our coaching staff.

This is fvcking infuriating. At the very least, Nas HAS to go.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1