2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

At what point does it become completely irrelevant that we've been historically more successful when it comes to it being used as a recruiting tool? I'm going with a long long time ago.  Neither team has that card to play. What's the difference between almost 2 or almost 3 decades. We certainly don't want to talk about recent history of being a bottom feeder do we? 

Hey look we're almost possibly going to not be this bad just sign here. 

8 hours ago, titans04 said:

At what point does it become completely irrelevant that we've been historically more successful when it comes to it being used as a recruiting tool? I'm going with a long long time ago.  Neither team has that card to play. What's the difference between almost 2 or almost 3 decades. We certainly don't want to talk about recent history of being a bottom feeder do we? 

Hey look we're almost possibly going to not be this bad just sign here. 

The “historical success” is also largely linked to a mastermind who is no longer with the organization. How can you talk about the success of an organization after the ownership, management, coaching, and entire roster have been replaced??

That would be like giving Edmonton credit for all of the Cups they won while Gretzky was scoring 200 points a season. 

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Marty is still a nice connection to the Cup years. New players literally see his statue outside the arena, and know he’s in the FO. 

Sure. But does that make people confident about our winning tradition? 

I’m thinking no. 

It's more the prestige of playing for a team with a "rich" history than any connection to current success. Is that enough to entice a player to come to your org - No. Is it something that players in your org talk about when they are asked about being a member of that organization? Probably. 

It's the same as the warm fuzzy feeling these guys get in their pants to play for an original 6 team. Obviously NJ is there, but we're not Arizona either. 

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Carey Price played in the AHL tonight to get back in game shape and he let in 2 goals on the first 4 shots.

10.5m a year baby.

Cory Schneider tried to call him to console him, but he dropped his cell phone and it went straight through his five hole. Into the toilet. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I know you just want to sh!t on the Habs but I'm sure it's especially difficult for a goalie to adjust from anticipating an NHL shot to an AHL shot.  They lost but those were the only 2 he let up.

Ah well sure. Say Ovechkin would only have like 10 goals this season, scored 10-15 goals in the last 4 seasons while getting paid 10m now and would play in the AHL and not register a single shot, that wouldn't be discussion worthy on a forum talking about hockey around the league right? Bringing it up would only be because the person hate the Caps. Gotcha.

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Ah well sure. Say Ovechkin would only have like 10 goals this season, scored 10-15 goals in the last 4 seasons while getting paid 10m now and would play in the AHL and not register a single shot, that wouldn't be discussion worthy on a forum talking about hockey around the league right? Bringing it up would only be because the person hate the Caps. Gotcha.

If the person had a years long history of hating the Caps, then yes, that would be correct. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If the person had a years long history of hating the Caps, then yes, that would be correct. 

so should i just around policing anything negative things said about the Rangers like "well... you just want to sh!t on the Rangers" when what the person says is actually correct? 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so should i just around policing anything negative things said about the Rangers like "well... you just want to sh!t on the Rangers" when what the person says is actually correct? 

Well I only brought it up because I thought your take was weak.

11 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Well I only brought it up because I thought your take was weak.

is it? Price is STILL constantly called "the best goalie in the world". Many players still vote him as the best in the league eventhough he's been very very average and even bad overall for the last 4 seasons and many other goalies have been way way better and more consistent than him. Canadian media goes both ways. Price WAS indeed the best goalie in the league easily for 2 seasons. And i actually like him, he's super chill. Also I don't hate habs players, i hate Habs fans who makes it very hard to like their players cause they overhype and annoy you with them constantly. I already can't stand Caufield because of them eventhough he did nothing wrong, they are just THAT annoying with him.

So how is my point weak? That's all factual. Price has been struggling for awhile and still does. Most goalies do, you don't see many consistent goalies like Marty was anymore, many are on top of the world one year and terrible the next. 

40 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I always want to sh!t on the Rangers. 

Better example is, if I sh!t on Zacha, does anyone take what I am saying credibly or do they just say “he’s sh!tting on Zacha again”? 

Edited by mfitz804

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

is it? Price is STILL constantly called "the best goalie in the world". Many players still vote him as the best in the league eventhough he's been very very average and even bad overall for the last 4 seasons and many other goalies have been way way better and more consistent than him. Canadian media goes both ways. Price WAS indeed the best goalie in the league easily for 2 seasons. And i actually like him, he's super chill. Also I don't hate habs players, i hate Habs fans who makes it very hard to like their players cause they overhype and annoy you with them constantly. I already can't stand Caufield because of them eventhough he did nothing wrong, they are just THAT annoying with him.

So how is my point weak? That's all factual. Price has been struggling for awhile and still does. Most goalies do, you don't see many consistent goalies like Marty was anymore, many are on top of the world one year and terrible the next. 

Yeah, it is.  You were throwing shade at his salary after he let up 2 goals on 4 shots in his rehab stint in the AHL and I told you why I thought it was unfair and probably driven by your deep seated hatred for the Habs, as perfectly demonstrated in this here post.

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Yeah, it is.  You were throwing shade at his salary after he let up 2 goals on 4 shots in his rehab stint in the AHL and I told you why I thought it was unfair and probably driven by your deep seated hatred for the Habs, as perfectly demonstrated in this here post.

No i was throwing shade at a goalie drastically underperforming in the last 4 years based on his salary. And again, wtv how i feel about that team doesnt change the facts of his recent play. So don't use that to diminish my point. 

Edited by SterioDesign

27 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not outside of Quebec. I think the rest of the free-thinking world knows Vasilevsky is the best goalie in the world at this point.

I dunno, wtv nhl players voting still vote him the best goalie in the league every year.Which is kind of bullsh!t way to rank goalies. What does a guy playing in the pacific division, maybe playing East division goalies once or twice a season know who was the best that season outside of going based on reputation. As for Vasilevsky, i fully agree. But the excuse is what ive been hearing my whole life about Marty. He's just good because he had a strong D in front of him

But for sure in quebec they are brainwashed constantly. Well the media and analyst there have been saying that price was the best goalie in the year since he came into the league. so we've had like... excuses every seasons except the 2 where he was legit the best in the league lol

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

No i was throwing shade at a goalie drastically underperforming in the last 4 years based on his salary. 

Ohhh ok.  I was just you know reading the words that you wrote and they said something different.