2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

52 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ouch, ok Travis , no need to be mean. 

Well Travis played on many teams in NJ were you didnt fit it if you were under 25 so wtv.

With Deboer or most of the 34 coaches we went through in the last 10 years, a young guy would make one mistake and ride the bench for a whole period while slow and terrible over the hill vets were getting away with murder every freagin shift. 

This is better.

Edited by SterioDesign

He didn't say anything wrong IMHO. He's right, we're rebuilding and have a younger, faster team, and he no longer fit. Quite literally if you consider all of the centers we have. We have a lot playing on wings. 

Jack, Nico, McLeod, Zacha, Sharangovich, Boqvist. 

Of course, I like Zacha and Sharangovich better as wings, and I like Boqvist better in the AHL. So I guess there's one available spot...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ouch, ok Travis , no need to be mean. 

Easy there, Trav...you weren’t fitting in over there either up until recently getting some ice time.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, devlman said:

Easy there, Trav...you weren’t fitting in over there either up until recently getting some ice time.

Right, didn't a couple guys (or, at least one guy because Lee was already) have to get injured before he and his 1960's 12 year old boy haircut "fit in"?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

“They play with structure, they play with commitment”.

Gee whiz, if I didn’t know any better I’d say that’s a lack of identity mixed with a losing culture.

there's no losing culture.

So yeah if someone was saying that they wouldnt know any better

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Pretty sure every single free agent in the history of the NHL has said he wants to "keep going" with their current team. Zach Parise even said "I just told Devils fans, I don't even think they should worry." 

Hmmm thought I might of seen at least a handful over the years where their position was they were heading off to FA.  But if every single one has said they want to stay where they are I learned something today.

He's in a pretty good situation I could see where he might find it attractive when it comes to wanting to re-sign.  

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

Pretty sure every single free agent in the history of the NHL has said he wants to "keep going" with their current team. Zach Parise even said "I just told Devils fans, I don't even think they should worry." 

I think the only possible way that we could land him is that Fitz trade for his right and offer him that extra year and somehow sold him on us being competitive sooner than later. 

Without that i can't see how its happening but fvck i wish it would

On 6/8/2021 at 12:37 AM, SterioDesign said:

there's no losing culture.

So yeah if someone was saying that they wouldnt know any better

Commitment from players to do the little things to win comes from an organizational culture. Zacha and Bratt loafing around in the dzone ain’t commitment, brother. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I think the only possible way that we could land him is that Fitz trade for his right and offer him that extra year and somehow sold him on us being competitive sooner than later. 

Without that i can't see how its happening but fvck i wish it would

I would rather see us trade for Jones if we knew we could re-sign him in advance.   I know it would cost more in assets but I think he's better than Hamilton, his skating would fit right in with what we're trying to build and as long as he's been around, he's still only 26.  Granted Hamilton is somehow still only 27 despite the fact that it seems like he's been around forever.   Jones also seems like the type that will be able to play well into his 30's because of that effortless skating ability.      

If we traded something like Holtz and the 2022 1st (C'bus already has three 1sts this year), imagine the mobility of a Luke Hughes/Seth Jones top pairing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

7 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I would rather see us trade for Jones if we knew we could re-sign him in advance.   I know it would cost more in assets but I think he's better than Hamilton, his skating would fit right in with what we're trying to build and as long as he's been around, he's still only 26.  Granted Hamilton is somehow still only 27 despite the fact that it seems like he's been around forever.   Jones also seems like the type that will be able to play well into his 30's because of that effortless skating ability.      

If we traded something like Holtz and the 2022 1st (C'bus already has three 1sts this year), imagine the mobility of a Luke Hughes/Seth Jones top pairing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

oh well yeah totally. I'd trade Holtz for a d-men in a heartbeat as i don't see much in him lol

On 6/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Shero lives. 

Second round picks about to go flying all over the place

Was wondering when he was going to resurface.  Seemed like it was only a matter of time.  

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

That's unbelievable. How is that guy getting paid or even ALLOWED to ask questions for a living?

Yeah, that was a joke. The guy just endured the biggest disappointment of his career. Don’t even bother if you’re coming with garbage like that.

• Like 1