2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They'll fall just outside a playoff spot next year and fire him too then? Wait....who is the big FA they will land this year?

first they'll get Eichel for peanuts. Then i dunno, maybe Hamilton will take a cut to go there too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

first they'll get Eichel for peanuts. Then i dunno, maybe Hamilton will take a cut to go there too

Eichel to the Rags for fvcking Filip Chytil, Lybor Hayek, Colin Blackwell, a 4th rounder, and a box of cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. We all know this. Hopefully Buffalo moves him before his NTC kicks in, so if they do trade him to the Rags, it’s for something that hurts. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Eichel to the Rags for fvcking Filip Chytil, Lybor Hayek, Colin Blackwell, a 4th rounder, and a box of cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. We all know this. Hopefully Buffalo moves him before his NTC kicks in, so if they do trade him to the Rags, it’s for something that hurts. 

Magnolia cupcakes are awful. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

If you think those are good, you have never been to a real Italian bakery. Nasty ass buttercream and dry cake. All hype. 

My sister worked at a real Italian bakery in my town when we were in high school, and I have an entire side of my family that’s Italian, so I have vast experience with Italian baked goods lol. I just love sh!t that’s sweet, and I don’t discriminate much🤣

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

My sister worked at a real Italian bakery in my town when we were in high school, and I have an entire side of my family that’s Italian, so I have vast experience with Italian baked goods lol. I just love sh!t that’s sweet, and I don’t discriminate much🤣

Magnolia is really only good if you like standing in line. Well, it used to be anyway, I haven’t gone back in years and I don’t know if they still get a line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Same. Just saw that and literally made me stop and count my blessings regardless of all the other sh!t that has been going on in the last few years.  Seriously I'm not sure how people that go through that can carry it the rest of their lives. Every time I see him play or see/hear his name I'll wonder how he's truly getting by in life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

Same. Just saw that and literally made me stop and count my blessings regardless of all the other sh!t that has been going on in the last few years.  Seriously I'm not sure how people that go through that can carry it the rest of their lives. Every time I see him play or see/hear his name I'll wonder how he's truly getting by in life.

Every parents' worst fear...their child passing away too soon.

I haven't seen any other info other than what's been reported...maybe his child was born with an illness?  

Every single time I see something like that, I think back to the first few days that seemed like an erternity with the smaller twin where I watched his weight expectedly drop, then kept dropping, Feeding him via a syringe, and (not finding out until later) that he almost had to be life flighted if he kept dropping further than his lowest. Apparently we were one weigh in away. I never want to live that again and wouldn’t wish that on anyone. My heart breaks for Pasta and his family.

• Sad 1

Just something I noticed. In the entire Vegas roster, (not the AHL) but no players are entry draft selections. All roster players via trade or original expansion draft.  Cody Glass is closest to NHL ready (he's played in some games) but not worthy of a call up. I know they traded away Suzuki (Habs)  but not much in the pipeline? 

2 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Just something I noticed. In the entire Vegas roster, (not the AHL) but no players are entry draft selections. All roster players via trade or original expansion draft.  Cody Glass is closest to NHL ready (he's played in some games) but not worthy of a call up. I know they traded away Suzuki (Habs)  but not much in the pipeline? 

They draft Hague. Anyway this is understandable. Young franchise that works for "here and now".

3 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I am going to use the Lou-era Devils fan defense by saying that because they have been so successful that they have drafted later in their short existence.  I believe they are currently in the 29th slot in the upcoming draft.