2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Woulda loved him here, damn

He hasn’t been the same the last year and a half.  

I guess we’ll find out if he’s breaking down after that Bortuzzo hit or it’s just the John Hynes effect and he snaps back to 30 goals with a real coach.   

Edited by Lateralous

11 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I guess we’ll find out if he’s breaking down after that Bortuzzo hit or it’s just the John Hynes affect and he snaps back to 30 goals with a real coach.   

Totally bad take.

It’s “effect”, not “affect”. Otherwise dead on balls accurate. 

😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That's absolutely terrible. People are speculating but no reason given yet. 

He fell and hit his head, apparently. Just awful. In a team statement, the Blue Jackets said he died as a result of a tragic fall resulting in a head injury on July 4.https://www.si.com/hockey/news/blue-jackets-goaltender-matiss-kivlenieks-passes-away-at-24?fbclid=IwAR3-WFCgPuPYOYhT5L63SveYyEAXD6_uMHen-5kOYLYM7RmsmZ5BfMHAfmc

Edited by MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He fell and hit his head, apparently. Just awful. In a team statement, the Blue Jackets said he died as a result of a tragic fall resulting in a head injury on July 4.https://www.si.com/hockey/news/blue-jackets-goaltender-matiss-kivlenieks-passes-away-at-24?fbclid=IwAR3-WFCgPuPYOYhT5L63SveYyEAXD6_uMHen-5kOYLYM7RmsmZ5BfMHAfmc

I guess he was in a hot tub, a firework hit him in the head making the group to try to get out of the tub and he slipped and fell, hitting his head on the concrete. That's terrible

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

that and insanely over the top reveal parties. Get over yourself folks, the gender of your child is not THAT important

Well, I mean, it’s important to some. Telling everyone with a pink or blue IED is not. So fvcking glad we had my daughter at a time when people would just ask if you know if it’s a boy and a girl and you just told them. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, I mean, it’s important to some. Telling everyone with a pink or blue IED is not. So fvcking glad we had my daughter at a time when people would just ask if you know if it’s a boy and a girl and you just told them. 

Thats what i meant lol of course the gender is important to the couple but it's not worth having a huge party with fireworks or craziness to announce it.

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats what i meant lol of course the gender is important to the couple but it's not worth having a huge party with fireworks or craziness to announce it.

Not just to the couple, family and friends get pretty excited about it too. But no, explosions not required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

the whole “you can literally die by slipping on the floor” thing always makes me so uncomfortable and unsettled.

this guy is a professional athlete, likely in better health and condition than any of us on this forum with better instincts and balance, and he fvcking died running on wet pavement. 

fvck, man.

Apparently that was misreported…

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Apparently that was misreported…

That’s even worse. Fireworks are so stupid. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Most of those parties are another excuse to get more gifts. 

Every time I “reveal my gender” at a party, everyone gets all uptight about it. Nobody gives me a gift.  

• Haha 3
  • Shocking 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s even worse. Fireworks are so stupid. 

Every time I “reveal my gender” at a party, everyone gets all uptight about it. Nobody gives me a gift.  

The gift was the friends you used to have before the reveal

All kidding aside, we were going to do a reveal/baby shower in one party to avoid having people feel like they needed to bring more gifts, we were gonna do the hockey puck thing the Karlssons did, but we got too impatient and at the ultrasound, one of the boys were completely not shy about showing the world what he was.