2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, eldon said:

“There’s no indication the person who lit the shell-and-mortar-style fireworks had been drinking alcohol, Meier told the Detroit News.”

Must’ve been a very different 4th of July party than the ones I have been to. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

“There’s no indication the person who lit the shell-and-mortar-style fireworks had been drinking alcohol, Meier told the Detroit News.”

Must’ve been a very different 4th of July party than the ones I have been to. 

Jeez, someone lit the mortar off 10' from where he was sitting in a hottub. Probably had no chance

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it's honestly too bad that its Canada who cancelled their fireworks across the country for Canada Day this year

Cancelling professional firework displays doesn't stop civilians from using them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Cancelling professional firework displays doesn't stop civilians from using them.

Professional fireworks were mostly cancelled because of the pressure the population put on them and the narrative was mostly that if you lit fireworks you were an a$$hole so it did stop a lot of people from doing it. And im not sure about other cities but where i live there's a bi-law preventing citizen to lit fireworks within the city

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Professional fireworks were mostly cancelled because of the pressure the population put on them and the narrative was mostly that if you lit fireworks you were an a$$hole so it did stop a lot of people from doing it. And im not sure about other cities but where i live there's a bi-law preventing citizen to lit fireworks within the city

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Aerial fireworks are banned in NJ but this weekend the skies were lit up with them.  More than I had ever since actually.

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Non-professional fireworks aren't allowed to have them either. It stops literally nobody and there is no enforcement. 

They annoy me no end, and this year I had neighbors on the next block over with dueling displays in front and behind my house. The remnants are still littering the streets because they just put the huge cardboard cases out for collection. Should have been easy enough to arrest/summons the offenders, but they never do. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

What do you guys think it would take to acquire Tkachuk? He’s got one year left before he’s a RFA expecting a BIG time contract and the Devils can obviously afford that. 

It probably starts with Holtz, right? Does Holtz + Islanders 1st + B-level prospect get it done? 

I would do that in a second.   I would give them next years 1st instead of the isles pick if necessary.  

I am fascinated with what Tampa decides to do to solve their cap issue for next season.  LTIR jokes aside, they should really just find a way to jettison Stamkos and his salary.   The dude has been hurt or barely noticeable over the two Cup runs to my eye. If I were them I would rather find a way to keep guys like Coleman and Gourde.   Tyler Johnson is another one they need to find a way to get rid of.   Maybe a pick to Seattle to take him.  

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

What do you guys think it would take to acquire Tkachuk? He’s got one year left before he’s a RFA expecting a BIG time contract and the Devils can obviously afford that. 

It probably starts with Holtz, right? Does Holtz + Islanders 1st + B-level prospect get it done? 

Holtz+4th pick. If they want Islanders pick too - go give them. The best trade for me is Holz+4th pick+islanders pick for Tkachuk+cgy pick this year.

Thats much better idea that trading for Johnny.

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I am fascinated with what Tampa decides to do to solve their cap issue for next season.  LTIR jokes aside, they should really just find a way to jettison Stamkos and his salary.   The dude has been hurt or barely noticeable over the two Cup runs to my eye. If I were them I would rather find a way to keep guys like Coleman and Gourde.   Tyler Johnson is another one they need to find a way to get rid of.   Maybe a pick to Seattle to take him.  

As it stands now: 17 players (including only 1 goalie) for $85m+ in cap hit. 

let the gymnastics commence

8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Stamkos to LTIR after he gets surgery in September, Johnson to Seattle - problem solved.

We do this every year and they always manage to find a way and ice an elite team.  Not trying to attack you personally, but just.. it's a farce. 

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Stamkos to LTIR after he gets surgery in September, Johnson to Seattle - problem solved.

We do this every year and they always manage to find a way and ice an elite team.  Not trying to attack you personally, but just.. it's a farce. 

Yup, the old “salary cap hell” is a fallacy. It never happens and when it sort of does, they trade Marcus Johansson, not anything earth shattering. 

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I wasn't saying anything other than that I am interested to see how they handle this.  I'm always fascinated by how GMs decide to handle roster and cap decisions.   

I don't think that first sentence is as easy and you make it seem, especially with a full length season (LTIR).      

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

That would be disastrous for Hall. He needs to stay in Boston. He’s a perfect fit there.

It wouldn’t surprise me. He lives in Toronto and probably signed with Buffalo because of its proximity to Toronto. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me. He lives in Toronto and probably signed with Buffalo because of its proximity to Toronto. 

If he lives in Toronto, that’s enough reason right there to not wanna play for the Leafs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he lives in Toronto, that’s enough reason right there to not wanna play for the Leafs.

Imagine having Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Hall, and Nylander all on one team and STILL winning nothing…

I mean I guess they pretty much did that this year minus the Hall part, but still…

• Like 1