2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

31 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Literally anyone who can afford to pay for the extra schooling can earn a PhD in SOMETHING. This one sounds like a load of BS. Not all PhD’s are, this one sure sounds like it is. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Literally anyone who can afford to pay for the extra schooling can earn a PhD in SOMETHING. This one sounds like a load of BS. Not all PhD’s are, this one sure sounds like it is. 

It does sound like BS. He had ‘help’ writing the dissertation. That alone is bullsh!t.

I mean it's not like he's learning brain surgery lol he's doing this to market his eventual hockey school better which is strange because being one of the best goal scorers ever would have been enough marketing as it is...

"The topic of Ovechkin’s dissertation was “Comparative Analysis of Professional Hockey Training Methods in North America and Russia.” He presented his findings after studying the training methods of three Russian and North American schools." 

“I want to help with the development of Russian hockey in the future,” Ovechkin said. “It is important to share my experience. I am planning to open my own hockey school soon… I hope to use the methods that I have studied and practiced in the training of kids.”

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I mean it's not like he's learning brain surgery lol he's doing this to market his eventual hockey school better which is strange because being one of the best goal scorers ever would have been enough marketing as it is...

"The topic of Ovechkin’s dissertation was “Comparative Analysis of Professional Hockey Training Methods in North America and Russia.” He presented his findings after studying the training methods of three Russian and North American schools." 

“I want to help with the development of Russian hockey in the future,” Ovechkin said. “It is important to share my experience. I am planning to open my own hockey school soon… I hope to use the methods that I have studied and practiced in the training of kids.”

Right, it’s like if I wrote a dissertation on posting memes on a message board and I had to have someone help me. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I like those flip trades. NSH trades Ellis to PHL and then flips Patrick to Vegas for Glass.

All 3 of those original 1st round VGK draft picks (Glass, Nick Suzuki, and Erik Brannstrom) are now on other teams. Crazy.