2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

It’s really not that surprising when you think about it.

Yeah, I'm not surprised at all.  On the one hand, he looks like a great solider and team player, waiving his no move clause to help out the team in a tough spot, and on the other hand he probably doesn't expect to get claimed due to his contract, and if he does, he probably wouldn't care - at this stage of his career why wouldn't he welcome the chance to play for a new team and try to win a Cup?  Makes a ton of sense to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s really not that surprising when you think about it. I don’t think Seattle touches that contract.

They have a cap floor to hit, never say never. There would be worse ways to hit the floor than a goalie that just played the Finals. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

If Tarasenko doesn't get picked up by Seattle, Armstrong might be forced to take less than he wants. Fitz will get another shot

Someone on reddit said it really seems like not protecting him is a big FU-- saying that they'd rather Seattle take him than Dunn. We'll have to see.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I guess we’re on Tarasenko’s list of teams he’d be willing to go to then.

The guy has barely played since 2019, I mean I guess he’s worth a shot if he passes a physical?

I’d expect about 30 games from him, and then another injury. 

Probably why the Devils didn’t offer what they consider to be enough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone on reddit said it really seems like not protecting him is a big FU-- saying that they'd rather Seattle take him than Dunn. We'll have to see.

We'll see. That shoulder issue is a concern though. In comparison to the amount of games he played over the past two seasons he did put up decent numbers. Problem is that he has only played 24 games over the past two seasons.

Edited by CarpathianForest

10 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

We'll see. That shoulder issue is a concern though. In comparison to the amount of games he played over the past two seasons he did put up decent numbers. Problem is that he has only played 24 games over the past two seasons.

It was 34, he played 24 this season and 10 the season before. But that doesn’t alter your point. 

not really about the money I would think the odds of him staying on the ice is pretty low.  Not necessarily sure we would be on his list either, could be we expressed interest to the Blues but it was an offer they felt wasn't even worth having a discussion with Tarasenko with about whether he would consider coming here.  If the relationship has totally gone to sh!t as reported he maybe willing to widen his "list" but first St. Louis would have to have interest in what they were being offered. For Tarasenko It maybe reaching a point of almost anywhere but St. Louis.  It would appear the offers they've gotten so far are so weak they see more value in just clearing the cap space  hoping he gets taken by Seattle. 

23 minutes ago, titans04 said:

not really about the money I would think the odds of him staying on the ice is pretty low.  Not necessarily sure we would be on his list either, could be we expressed interest to the Blues but it was an offer they felt wasn't even worth having a discussion with Tarasenko with about whether he would consider coming here.  If the relationship has totally gone to sh!t as reported he maybe willing to widen his "list" but first St. Louis would have to have interest in what they were being offered. For Tarasenko It maybe reaching a point of almost anywhere but St. Louis.  It would appear the offers they've gotten so far are so weak they see more value in just clearing the cap space  hoping he gets taken by Seattle. 

Well, if St. Louis really wants him gone they need to consider whatever the bast return is. Even if it's not great at least they get something. I guess they could pull a Lou and just agree to trade Tarasenko for nothing

20 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It’s likely that Tarasenko could be had for a late round pick if not selected by seattle. 

If that option is available, and the Devils take it, I will be fvcking stoked. 

But if you are the Blues, why risk it? Why not take the pick (you could possibly get two, even) now?

Pass on Tarasenko.  Guy is just too beat up and hard to imagine he’ll suddenly become less injury-prone as he ages.  Devils need to stop shopping in the “Question Mark” aisle at some point.  

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Pass on Tarasenko.  Guy is just too beat up and hard to imagine he’ll suddenly become less injury-prone as he ages.  Devils need to stop shopping in the “Question Mark” aisle at some point.  

Yeah his shoulder is made of cray paper at this point. No thanks.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1