2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I understand that the league wants the team competitive from the start so the fans jump on but they really need a better balance 

Eh, personally I think it would be more of a problem if the expansion draft was setting teams back but it isn't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

no they won’t. Nico, Jack, Ty and Mack are 4 players infinitely more valuable than anyone they get via the expansion draft. 

theyll be relatively competitive off the rip but, unless teams are stupid the way they were with vegas, it’s unlikely to be sustained success. 

More valuable yes. Better this year than what Seattle has? Let’s see. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

More valuable yes. Better this year than what Seattle has? Let’s see. 

More valuable down the road - maybe but yet to be proven, there's some proven studs out there to be had should Seattle choose them.  Again all about the elusive window and how long do you want to give yourself to get to it. 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

More valuable down the road - maybe but yet to be proven, there's some proven studs out there to be had should Seattle choose them.  Again all about the elusive window and how long do you want to give yourself to get to it. 

Very true. All I said was they would come in with a better roster. They could have a $10m goalie, two Norris winners, Landeskog, etc. 

Since we likely won't be getting Hamilton absent a massive overpay, I'm on board with having Larsson as a plan b in FA.  He's a right hand D and is solid defensively.  Pair him with a Ty Smith, and it gives us 2 solid pairs with Graves-Severson, Smith-Larsson, and a 3rd pairing of Siegenthaler-Subban (assuming he isn't claimed by Seattle).  That D isn't going to win a Cup, but it should be much improved over last season. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Since we likely won't be getting Hamilton absent a massive overpay, I'm on board with having Larsson as a plan b in FA.  He's a right hand D and is solid defensively.  Pair him with a Ty Smith, and it gives us 2 solid pairs with Graves-Severson, Smith-Larsson, and a 3rd pairing of Siegenthaler-Subban (assuming he isn't claimed by Seattle).  That D isn't going to win a Cup, but it should be much improved over last season. 

I’m also down for the massive overpay and adding Hamilton to that mix. 

266BD8A0-CA33-4B58-B7F1-5A346441BC78.jpeg

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m also down for the massive overpay and adding Hamilton to that mix. 

266BD8A0-CA33-4B58-B7F1-5A346441BC78.jpeg

Man, if Fitz could somehow pull off an offseason of Hamilton-Coleman-Larsson...I'd be extremely fvcking impressed.  That's a legit spending spree for three guys who aren't old and should be able to help for a while.  You have this much cap room, you can do stuff like this.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man, if Fitz could somehow pull off an offseason of Hamilton-Coleman-Larsson...I'd be extremely fvcking impressed.  That's a legit spending spree for three guys who aren't old and should be able to help for a while.  You have this much cap room, you can do stuff like this.  

That would be a minor miracle. If he brings in one of those guys I will be happy. Two, I’ll be excited. Three, I will be amazed. 

• Like 3