2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Duh

He might able to get them both at a relatively low cap hit, but a lot of times it seems like you get what you pay for with moves like this.  If he thinks Zach can fill a 3rd-line role and Suter can be a 2nd or 3rd pair guy and can get them cheap, I kinda-sorta guess I can see it.  Still wouldn't do it if I were Lou though...the stories that are out there about both of them would make me wonder about adding them to my locker room.  Or another way to look at it:  are Parise and Suter the guys who are somehow going to get you to the next level?  Because I definitely don't see that.   

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He might able to get them both at a relatively low cap hit, but a lot of times it seems like you get what you pay for with moves like this.  If he thinks Zach can fill a 3rd-line role and Suter can be a 2nd or 3rd pair guy and can get them cheap, I kinda-sorta guess I can see it.  Still wouldn't do it if I were Lou though...the stories that are out there about both of them would make me wonder about adding them to my locker room.  Or another way to look at it:  are Parise and Suter the guys who are somehow going to get you to the next level?  Because I definitely don't see that.   

It’ll be even more fun to watch them fail with a division rival.

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well he just re-signed Greene and Suter is definitely better than him so for sure Suter would be a decent move. Parise well who knows, but i assume he,s not getting Suter without Zach so. Also let's not assume there's that much logic behind Lou's decision to bring back ex-players lol

Also, and i'm not particularly targeting you. But i simply don't understand how there's literally like ONE brand new report saying Zach or Suter were difficult, we've literally never heard a peep about that ever. And it seems like everyone here blindly believes it like it's true. But then i've been bringing up COUNTLESS instances where actual coaches, players, reporters, etc etc have been calling out Subban on his sh!t, literally videos of him in the act too, and all that over YEARS. Like i've seen it with my very own eyes. Yet all of that was just Canadian media rumours and shouldn't be believed according to many here... there's clear blinders at work here for some. 

Edited by SterioDesign

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Also, and i'm not particularly targeting you. But i simply don't understand how there's literally like ONE brand new report saying Zach or Suter were difficult. And it seems like everyone here blindly believes it like it's true. But then i've been bringing up COUNTLESS instances where actual coaches, players, reporters, etc etc have been calling out Subban on his sh!t, literally videos of him in the act too, and all that over YEARS. Yet all of that was just canadian media rumours and shouldn't be believed according to many here... there's clear blinders at work here for some. 

Here we go….. I’ll be leaving the thread now, as it will be completely derailed by circular arguments that go nowhere for the next three days. 

Edited by MadDog2020

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well he just re-signed Greene and Suter is definitely better than him so for sure Suter would be a decent move. Parise well who knows, but i assume he,s not getting Suter without Zach so. Also let's not assume there's that much logic behind Lou's decision to bring back ex-players lol

Also, and i'm not particularly targeting you. But i simply don't understand how there's literally like ONE brand new report saying Zach or Suter were difficult, we've literally never heard a peep about that ever. And it seems like everyone here blindly believes it like it's true. But then i've been bringing up COUNTLESS instances where actual coaches, players, reporters, etc etc have been calling out Subban on his sh!t, literally videos of him in the act too, and all that over YEARS. Like i've seen it with my very own eyes. Yet all of that was just Canadian media rumours and shouldn't be believed according to many here... there's clear blinders at work here for some. 

Without going too crazy about this, they were both bought out with four years left on their contracts.  And it's not like the Wild recouped tons of cap space in doing so...for this year, sure, the Wild got a nice chunk of newfound space for this season (the only season this would be the case, which obviously factored in the decision to cut ties now)...but that decision coupled with the story does make you wonder.

As far that article goes, they may have been entitled, but if true, I'd also say that they were enabled as well, by their organization.    

As far as bringing them on...to me, it makes the most sense for a good team that doesn't have much cap space to work with, and doesn't have the right youth to bring up to play with the big club.  Basically, you'd sign them if your circumstances are less than ideal.  Yeah I do think Suter has something left.  I'm not so sure Parise does, and even worse, I think HE'S convinced he's not far removed from his prime years.  

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You’re welcome. And I don’t drink wine. I’m more of a beer guy. 🍺

Scotch and whiskey for me.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

At this point Montreal could have a video of Subban eating live puppies that belong to his teammates children in the locker room and I would still deny he was ever problem , just because it's so funny when you go off on one like this whenever lockeroom behaviour comes up 😂

"What's that? Subban has been intentionally infecting homeless people with ebola and paying them to hug the coaching staff in the street and you have it all on CCTV? Well clearly he is just giving the homeless an opportunity at employment." 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He is good, but he will not play with Coleman and Gourde there. This is a price for good bottom guy(I'm not hinting at anything =-D) I think this move will help now, but it will hurt them tommorow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The media had me hyped for the moratorium lift and we've gotten fvck all happening basically. 

Don’t worry- they’ll be ready to hype us up for all kinds of draft wheeling and dealing tomorrow! (only to have little to no wheeling and dealing, if any). 

Edited by MadDog2020

45 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

At this point Montreal could have a video of Subban eating live puppies that belong to his teammates children in the locker room and I would still deny he was ever problem , just because it's so funny when you go off on one like this whenever lockeroom behaviour comes up 😂

"What's that? Subban has been intentionally infecting homeless people with ebola and paying them to hug the coaching staff in the street and you have it all on CCTV? Well clearly he is just giving the homeless an opportunity at employment." 

lol well it's not truly about Subban honestly. It's about fans double standards lol Accepting things that fits their narrative as legit but ignoring other things that isn't. No matter how much proofs there is

Edited by SterioDesign