2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

32 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's a decent, mild-overpay UFA-to-be signing...nothing more than that.  Not saying it's a bad signing...based on his last two seasons, he should provide about 30 points per 82 GP if he gets about 15 min per game...and he should provide some intangibles as well.  Not so sure I would've signed up for 6 years of him, but that's how it goes.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's a decent, mild-overpay UFA-to-be signing...nothing more than that.  Not saying it's a bad signing...based on his last two seasons, he should provide about 30 points per 82 GP if he gets about 15 min per game...and he should provide some intangibles as well.  Not so sure I would've signed up for 6 years of him, but that's how it goes.   

How about Coleman. He's been a role player all his career. Is he still role player? or capable of playing in top 6?  Suspect he get paid in the 3.5-4 mil range? Watch, he too will sign with Rag$.

Just now, vadvlfan said:

How about Coleman. He's been a role player all his career. Is he still role player? or capable of playing in top 6?  Suspect he get paid in the 3.5-4 mil range? Watch, he too will sign with Rag$.

He's been more of an offensive threat than Goodrow could ever hope to be (Coleman's averaged almost 20 G per 82 GP).  I think he gets $5 million per myself, for 5+ years...maybe you can get him for four years if you up your AAV.  I like Coleman and I'd pay him that (especially given the Devils' cap space), but I don't kid myself that he'll necessarily be truly "cost effective" from here on out.  But that's how it goes...maybe they're underpaid for what they were earlier, but they get overpaid later.   

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The media had me hyped for the moratorium lift and we've gotten fvck all happening basically. 

Imagine being a Seattle fan.  

First, you’re hyped because of the amount of talent left exposed for the expansion draft.   No way you’re not icing a playoff team year one, right?  

Then you see the bizarre picks last night and assume that it will all make sense once the moratorium is lifted because they must have got 4 or 5 firsts not to make more logical picks.   Then 1pm rolls around… 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Imagine being a Seattle fan.  

First, you’re hyped because of the amount of talent left exposed for the expansion draft.   No way you’re not icing a playoff team year one, right?  

Then you see the bizarre picks last night and assume that it will all make sense once the moratorium is lifted because they must have got 4 or 5 firsts not to make more logical picks.   Then 1pm rolls around… 

Yeah its a shame that the best fans in the NHL have to go through this

• Haha 1

Sensitive subject warning with the post below, so even though it’s all over social media, I’ll put the tweet in a spoiler tag so people can choose to read at their own discretion.

Spoiler

The Hawks should absolutely be ashamed as an organization not only for turning a blind eye, but for also not just owning the fvckup AND giving that sh!t bag any semblance of a future.

even a 18 year old draft pick had the stones to say, “I’m not ready to be an adult, don’t pick me” whether he had help or not. Zero excuse for an organization not to.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

According to what I read about the other situation he was involved in with the high school kids, he was getting them to come over to his place and serving them alcohol then trying to take advantage of them. He deserves worse than a bat.

That depends on how you apply the bat. 

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:
  Reveal hidden contents

fvck. The. Blackhawks.

And then you have this: 

Absolutely disgusting. There is no other way to say it. I want to know who those players were making the comments. And Stan Bowman and anyone else who was anywhere near this situation needs to be fired. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And then you have this: 

Absolutely disgusting. There is no other way to say it. I want to know who those players were making the comments. And Stan Bowman and anyone else who was anywhere near this situation needs to be fired. 

The Steve Dangle podcast has done a good job of staying on this and trying to bring more awareness to it.   

Going off topic but they also did a good job of explaining the situation with the Canadian residential schools.  I have to admit, I was totally ignorant to what it was and the atrocities committed towards the indigenous population up there even after the stories about childrens unmarked graves were coming out.   They did a good enough job that I used my monthly donation from my company towards a charity they recommended for survivors of the school.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

The Steve Dangle podcast has done a good job of staying on this and trying to bring more awareness to it.   

Going off topic but they also did a good job of explaining the situation with the Canadian residential schools.  I have to admit, I was totally ignorant to what it was and the atrocities committed towards the indigenous population up there even after the stories about childrens unmarked graves were coming out.   They did a good enough job that I used my monthly donation from my company towards a charity they recommended for survivors of the school.   

I had to google what a residential school was cause I didn't have a freaking clue, definitely not ignorant just never exposed to the term let alone what went on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I first became aware of all that stuff because I’m a big fan of Canadian comic book artist Jeff Lemire, and he did the illustrations for Gord Downie’s The Secret Path. The full movie is available on YouTube. Needless to say it’s really sad stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This whole thing fvcking stinks.  

Burn the Hawks to the ground.  Hold every single person accountable. 

Hold every single person who knew about it accountable for sure. But encouraging to burn the organization to the ground? That'd be hurting a LOT more innocent people than guilty ones. That's not justice that's mob mentality at its finest 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1