2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Sounds like Ristolainen is going to Philly

Glad that the early chatter about him possibly coming here was only that...chatter.  

• Like 1

Philly giving up their 13th overall pick this year and a second-rounder in 2023 in that deal.  That just seems...really really good for the Sabres.  And...well...really really bad for the Flyers.  Fitz might not have done much just yet, but at least he hasn't made any WTF moves.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Philly giving up their 13th overall pick this year and a second-rounder in 2023 in that deal.  That just seems...really really good for the Sabres.  And...well...really really bad for the Flyers.  Fitz might not have done much just yet, but at least he hasn't made any WTF moves.  

I would be legit beside myself if we paid this price for Risto.

I mean, who knows maybe he'll be better outside of Buffalo but.. expensive gamble.  Christ.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Eichel is the one that gives me pause. I could see the Rags getting him

If they massively overpay the way Philly just did, I'm ok with it.  If I'm Buffalo, I don't make that deal without 1 of Laf or Kakko being involved (with Laf my preference by a mile).

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

If Risto sets the market, then Eichel is worth 5 first round picks.

The funny thing is, if it had been the Flyer's first for Risto straight up, I STILL wouldn't have liked it, but I would've understood it a little more.  The fact that they gave that up PLUS two other pieces...man they must really think he's got something.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

That is insanely bad by Philly, the 1st and second and an NHL player?! How do they even balance that in their minds?

I'm guessing there's some sort of extension in-place - not that it helps much in my mind.  But I could see Fletcher at least justifying it to himself that way.

"No no it's not 13th + a 2nd for a rental, we've got him for another 5 years".

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

If a sh!t show like Ana can be in on Eichel then why not us?

I mean we could definitely be in on it, but do you want us paying the price?

I don't want Hughes / Nico / Smith going anywhere.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

If a sh!t show like Ana can be in on Eichel then why not us?

Anaheim has to be looking to loose Drysdale/Zegras to make that deal happen. No way it is going down without one or both of them and the 3OA+. I don't see how 25 year old Jack Eichel puts them any closer to winning a cup than losing two of, prob top 10 or 15, young guys in the league.

EDIT: 24 years old

Edited by NJDevils1214

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wait they gave up 13 overall?! Holy sh!t that’s bad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1