2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

was about to say "holy sh!t what an absolute steal" but then I realized I confused Sam Bennett with newly acquired Sam Reinhardt. 

that's a lot of money for Sam Bennett......

Lol I did the same fvcking thing. 

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

was about to say "holy sh!t what an absolute steal" but then I realized I confused Sam Bennett with newly acquired Sam Reinhardt. 

that's a lot of money for Sam Bennett......

Not exceedingly high. Seems like he had a bit of a bounce back when he was traded scoring 15 points in 10 games

I can't see the Landeskog thing ending up with him in Colorado.

Honestly if i was him i'd be quite insulted by Sakic. First he's lowballing him quite a bit and doesn't want to pay him what he should get, like take it or leave it. His captain and guy who played his heart out for 10 years for him.

Then turns around and throw fvcking 9 millions a year for 6 years to a guy who still didn't even play a full season for him? I know Makar is amazing but man lol 

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I can't see the Landeskog thing ending up with him in Colorado.

Honestly if i was him i'd be quite insulted by Sakic. First he's lowballing him quite a bit and doesn't want to pay him what he should get, like take it or leave it. His captain and guy who played his heart out for 10 years for him.

Then turns around and throw fvcking 9 millions a year for 6 years to a guy who still didn't even play a full season for him? I know Makar is amazing but man lol 

Do you think Landeskog is asking for what he should get?  Or maybe highballing Sakic..

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Do you think Landeskog is asking for what he should get?  Or maybe highballing Sakic..

Well there hasn't been any confirmation but lots of reports that sakic offered something close to 5m per year. I can't imagine it but that's the only thing that came out. And that they were far on numbers.

The point is, how is Sakic throwing that contract to a RFA with barely 100 NHL games under his belt when he won't pay his captain who's been there for 10 years on a pretty good bargain at 5.5m.

And of course this is mostly all speculation but again, if im landeskog that's hard not to see it that way im sure

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well there hasn't been any confirmation but lots of reports that sakic offered something close to 5m per year. I can't imagine it but that's the only thing that came out. And that they were far on numbers.

The point is, how is Sakic throwing that contract to a RFA with barely 100 NHL games under his belt when he won't pay his captain who's been there for 10 years on a pretty good bargain at 5.5m.

And of course this is mostly all speculation but again, if im landeskog that's hard not to see it that way im sure

Hall just got a contract for $6m and he has about 80 more points in 7 more games.

Nugent-Hopkins got a contract for $5.125m and he has about 30 less points in 30 less games.

Do you think Gabe deserves the $9m he is asking because he is the captain?

Nick Merkley did not receive a qualifying offer from the Sharks and will be a UFA on Wednesday. 

This makes me worry about the guy we got in return. They were so desperate to dump him that they traded him for absolutely nothing?

35 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Hall just got a contract for $6m and he has about 80 more points in 7 more games.

Nugent-Hopkins got a contract for $5.125m and he has about 30 less points in 30 less games.

Do you think Gabe deserves the $9m he is asking because he is the captain?

Not being the jaded former fan, but I think Hall is overpaid at $6m based on last season, RNH I think ate a discount to stay in Edmonton for whatever godforsaken reason.

But I also think Landeskog is better than both of them and starting him with a low-ball offer was kinda dirty by Sakic, of course that is if the rumors are true and it was just over $5m/per

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Nick Merkley did not receive a qualifying offer from the Sharks and will be a UFA on Wednesday. 

This makes me worry about the guy we got in return. They were so desperate to dump him that they traded him for absolutely nothing?

just out of morbid curiosity, what would have Merkley's QO been?

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Who gives a sh!t? He’s for Utica.