2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Damn that's embarrassing. IIRC didn't Marty score a shoulder injury during the 03 cup win goal rush? I remember an image of his arms raised and someone crashing into him and his arm bending so unnaturally, and I have a faint memory of him rehabbing that off-season. I could have completely made that up

28 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Damn that's embarrassing. IIRC didn't Marty score a shoulder injury during the 03 cup win goal rush? I remember an image of his arms raised and someone crashing into him and his arm bending so unnaturally, and I have a faint memory of him rehabbing that off-season. I could have completely made that up

I'm not a dentist or a zoologist but in my opinion his shoulders are looking fine here

8a65dc9ce18414bba809d35339507c5a.thumb.jpg.784c6bccccb3fc4097e2d8370b07249c.jpg

• Like 2

I figured this was worth nothing outside the thread in the Marketplace.

So this year the NHL is making a change to the actual materials of the on-ice jersey.  They are switching from the current material to the Parley material that was worn during the All-Star game a couple years back in San Jose.  The material is either totally or partially made from recycled materials and falls in line with Adidas' initiative to go more green.

Now, some of you may or may not know that the on-ice MiC jerseys the players wear are actually quite a bit different than the ones Adidas sells to the public as "Authentic" which are made in Indonesia and made out of completely different materials that were called both AeroReady and Climalite (same thing they just changed names a couple years back).  The new "Authentics" Adidas will be selling to the public are going to be called PrimeGreen and apparently also with recycled material.  Below is an example of Adidas starting to sell Vegas jerseys using this branding.

This is also largely the reason why the past year or so Adidas has been dumping a lot of jerseys to discount retailers like Ross, TJ Maxx, etc.

https://www.adidas.com/us/golden-knights-home-authentic-jersey/GT5633.html

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I figured this was worth nothing outside the thread in the Marketplace.

So this year the NHL is making a change to the actual materials of the on-ice jersey.  They are switching from the current material to the Parley material that was worn during the All-Star game a couple years back in San Jose.  The material is either totally or partially made from recycled materials and falls in line with Adidas' initiative to go more green.

Now, some of you may or may not know that the on-ice MiC jerseys the players wear are actually quite a bit different than the ones Adidas sells to the public as "Authentic" which are made in Indonesia and made out of completely different materials that were called both AeroReady and Climalite (same thing they just changed names a couple years back).  The new "Authentics" Adidas will be selling to the public are going to be called PrimeGreen and apparently also with recycled material.  Below is an example of Adidas starting to sell Vegas jerseys using this branding.

This is also largely the reason why the past year or so Adidas has been dumping a lot of jerseys to discount retailers like Ross, TJ Maxx, etc.

https://www.adidas.com/us/golden-knights-home-authentic-jersey/GT5633.html

Interesting that the price point remained the same. I expected a slight increase due to the added cost that is usually associated with "going green". 

Hopeful that the material will be a little nicer than the previous Indonesian jerseys, which don't even feel like they are made of cloth. 

I also note they changed the description from "relaxed fit" to "loose fit", and as a big guy all I have to say about that is "my balls", they fit significantly smaller than all previous manufacturer's jerseys. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Doesnt appear like he did

But like i said Lou would, he'd wait to announce everyone at the same time.

The rest of those deals seem normal, Sorokin may prove to be a bargain at $4m. 

Who's Palmieri's agent, David Copperfield?

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That Palms contract is gonna be ugly. Parise one might be even uglier if that's still happening. 

Yeah you almost wonder who Lou was bidding against on that one.  The AAV isn't terrible, but four years?  His game was just iffy enough last season to justify offering a year or two.  If that's what his camp was looking for, I can see why Fitz moved on. 

Devils got Palms' most cost-effective years for sure.  

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

This reminds me a lot of the Adam Henrique contract. Most fans saying "I'd take him back if the price were right" and then he signs for something that makes you go "oh are you fvcking JOKING me!?" 

Yeah that's not a bad comparison, but the Henrique contract was especially ridiculous...some Devils fans like him (and vastly overrate him) due to two very memorable playoff goals (and some other moments sprinkled in), but he was simply never really that good...a perfectly ordinary player.

I wouldn't say that Palms' Isles deal is as bad as Henrique's, but I still wonder why the hell Lou went so long with him.  This sounds kinda funny coming from a fan whose team just spent $63 million for 7 years of Dougie Hamilton (don't get me wrong, I am 100% COMPLETELY on board with that move), but man does that Palms deal seem irresponsible on Lou's part.  I don't get that one, and I was probably the biggest Palms fan here (and I'll always remember the majority of his career here fondly).    

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah you almost wonder who Lou was bidding against on that one.  The AAV isn't terrible, but four years?  His game was just iffy enough last season to justify offering a year or two.  If that's what his camp was looking for, I can see why Fitz moved on. 

Devils got Palms' most cost-effective years for sure.  

No wonder there were zero rumors of Palms talking to other teams. If this was the handshake deal they had, there was no need to shop round. Lou gonna Lou. 

26 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't think the palms deal is too crazy. A bit on the high side but I think that's just how the market has been this off-season

For whatever it’s worth, I think what Tatar signed for is what Fitz might’ve initially offered Palms, in a “Take it or leave it” kind of way (before talks broke off).  

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

No wonder there were zero rumors of Palms talking to other teams. If this was the handshake deal they had, there was no need to shop round. Lou gonna Lou. 

For better or for worse, Lou definitely wraps guys up…a lot of forwards are signed long term…not the case with his D (a couple of them are up there in age).  Will be interesting to see how he tackles that.