2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Will be interesting to see who can make it to the olympics for us.

I think Nico, Zacha, Tatar will make their team for sure, mostly cause their teams aren't too deep.

Hamilton should be in the discussion for team Canada but i wouldn't say he's making it for sure. Team Canada is going to be ridiculous.

Blackwood could make a case for the 3rd spot maybe. I assume the goalies for Canada will be between Fleury, Binnington, Price, Blackwood and Hart.

Siegenthaler... who knows.

Jack Hughes, i don't think so at this point but say he's having a very very good season maybe he could get into the conversation. IF Eichel can't play it would obviously help his chances.

If Jack is having a big year and Eichel is out with that neck injury, I could see Jack getting a phone call.

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The chest stripes ruin it, imo. Don’t like the color of the pants and gloves either. 

Yeah not feelin that one

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well MTL is not matching KK's offer sheet. So he's going to Carolina.

This will hurt both teams and its great lol Carolina is above the ceiling now and MTL will likely use the picks to trade for Dvorak. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-decline-match-hurricanes-offer-sheet-jesperi-kotkaniemi/

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

We've been talking about drafting a bit recently. With KK now gone, who went 3rd overall in 2018, MTL really doesn't have much to show at the moment in terms of homegrown talent.

Caufield - #15 2019

Gallagher - #147 2010

Evans - #207 2014

Lehkonen - #55 2013

Romanov - #38 2018

Price - #5 2005

Edited by SterioDesign

'Roth, he played this one beautifully'

Bergevin gets a lot of flack in Montreal, but wow did this work out. Kokanemi is awful, he dumped him for two picks and then swung one of them to get Dvorak from Arizona. 

Combined with the robbery trade of Anderson and the amazing free agents last year I find he doesn't get enough credit. Unfortunately that draft of the kid with sex crimes was pretty brutal, but overall I'm impressed.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

16 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

'Roth, he played this one beautifully'

Bergevin gets a lot of flack in Montreal, but wow did this work out. Kokanemi is awful, he dumped him for two picks and then swung one of them to get Dvorak from Arizona. 

Combined with the robbery trade of Anderson and the amazing free agents last year I find he doesn't get enough credit. Unfortunately that draft of the kid with sex crimes was pretty brutal, but overall I'm impressed.

He “dumped” a guy that he drafted 3rd overall 3 years ago.   How beautifully could he have played it?   We’re still pissed we drafted our leading scorer at 6th overall in 2015 instead of someone “better”

Honestly, I think the Canadiens are stuck in that middle of the league area where you barely make the playoffs/miss the playoffs.  A weird series of circumstances came together that allowed them to make a run to the finals this year which will mask the bigger issues with that roster for a little while.  

is Dvorak really an improvement?   Jk has more room to grow IMO