2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Seems like what started off as a nice story about someone doing some "stealthy" good turned into a rather judgmental psychoanalysis about what various people are doing, as seen through a very cynical lens.  It's not like human beings aren't known for judging what fellow human beings are doing on occasion, but SD's takes on this just feel...kinda unnecessary?            

On 9/9/2021 at 2:26 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Donating has always have been always at least partially about clout.  If that wasn't true, buildings and wings wouldn't be named after their donors.

Regardless, donating for any reason is always good.

It’s also about tax breaks for the super wealthy. When you give a homeless guy a dollar, that’s one thing. If you are donating millions of dollars, you aren’t doing it just to help. It’s obvious. But, without those donations, how many charitable organizations would fail to have sufficient capital? 

All of them. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed, and the fact that they are flaunting it is also kinda funny. I mean, he’s inscribing signed items with it, that’s funny. 

I'm probably just not exposed in the right places, but I almost hear it more from the Lightning than I hear people complaining about it.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

reddit had daily threads about it. daily. i think if you’re using this website as a snapshot of the league you’re probably quite a bit misguided 

I'm a big time redditor but don't really go deep into r/hockey, mostly just the first dozen posts for news. But yeah, I don't know, if they actually were there I must have tuned them out.

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Dougie Hamilton said "we lost to a team $18m over the salary cap" in the post-series press conference.

Got it. I was unaware of that. 

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Maybe he's talking about Subban? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's an old boy toy at this point. 

16 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Half the league now has a covid policy in place and the Devils are still all quiet. Absolutely embarrassing by our front office and ownership at this point. I just emailed the team yet again about this subject. 

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/st-louis-blues-covid-vaccination-policy/c-326161436

The problem with this virus since day 1 when it was a threat to the US is politicians decided to make it part of a platform. Period. Dot. End of story. Hard right or hard left, people took stands, meanwhile the average American said fvck it, give me my chip.

and no, I’m not starting a debate.

• Like 1