Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Name one (1) team that lost a core centerpiece because of cap hell. Uno.

Well what you're doing here is projecting your own and narrow definition of cap hell. You don't need to lose a core centerpiece player to be in cap hell.

To many and analysts around the league, cap hell can be a team who's going to be a lesser team than they were because they cant bring back their players or sign anyone for cap reason. No flexibility. Or a team unable to improve because of it. A team not well balanced with top players making insane money but not producing and can't afford better depth because of that player, teams having to play down a man (like we did when Lou fvcked our cap and when elias came back from the LTIR we couldn't dress a full lineup), etc etc those are all cap hell situations. And they certainly happen.

But i will still answer your question with a recent one. Vegas trading Fleury. The dude just won the vezina for them, he was to many the face of the franchise, i assume he would fit into the core centerpiece part of your argument. And there's a whole videocall with Kelly McCrimmon on youtube explaining in details how the trade happen, all the discussions he had with Fleury about it, going through the whole process and then went into why they made the decision to trade him and.... sure enough. Brought up that they needed cap space to improve the team and make moves and he goes on for like 2-3 minutes about the whole thing. So there. Cap hell does exist according to your definition too

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, devlman said:

Meanwhile Lou Lams magically locked up Pelech for under $6 mil

I just don't understand it.  I mean Lou probably is the best negotiator in the league at this point, but Holland is no spring chicken.

Like.. how can a guy like Holland still have a job in this league.  He fvcking buried the Red Wings in horrible contracts that they're just starting to get out from under.  Now he's doing the same exact thing to the Oilers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

what we thinkin palms gets? i gotta go 4x4. i can't see him go any lower. 

I think that’s probably right. Assuming the Islanders have in fact signed him, I’m thinking $4-4.5 per. I feel like a 3 year deal, because if I were the team I would only want to do 2 and he will want to do 4+. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s probably right. Assuming the Islanders have in fact signed him, I’m thinking $4-4.5 per. I feel like a 3 year deal, because if I were the team I would only want to do 2 and he will want to do 4+. 

I could see Lou getting a little reckless with this one…I could see four years, at $4 - 4.5 mil AAV.  And yeah I wouldn’t really want to go more than two with him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that’s probably right. Assuming the Islanders have in fact signed him, I’m thinking $4-4.5 per. I feel like a 3 year deal, because if I were the team I would only want to do 2 and he will want to do 4+. 

yea i'm trying to factor in the lou factor. 3x4 seems about right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I could see Lou getting a little reckless with this one…I could see four years, at $4 - 4.5 mil AAV.  And yeah I wouldn’t really want to go more than two with him.

I think Palms gets 4 years $16 million. I agree, I could see Lou going a little nuts with this one too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I think Palms gets 4 years $16 million. I agree, I could see Lou going a little nuts with this one too.

Maybe because of Lou and because of his Playoff performance. He didn’t really look so hot last year. 

But then again, that is true of an awful lot of guys. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

he's comin home baby! i'd love him back, but cant see him touchin this team knowin his butt is gone come trade deadline. 

If what was said about him feeling too old among all of these kids and not having a place is true, I don’t see any way he would come back. I suspect it’s Long Island or a relaxing winter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If what was said about him feeling too old among all of these kids and not having a place is true, I don’t see any way he would come back. I suspect it’s Long Island or a relaxing winter. 

Maybe now that they’ve added Hamilton, Tatar, and Bernier he’d feel a little more comfortable? Personally, I don’t really want him back tbh (love Trav but I just want to move forward). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Maybe now that they’ve added Hamilton, Tatar, and Bernier he’d feel a little more comfortable? Personally, I don’t really want him back tbh (love Trav but I just want to move forward). 

I mean I don’t know, if that was the reason behind his leaving, I don’t see how adding other guys he doesn’t know changes it, when the core is still like 20-22, but I guess anything is possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean I don’t know, if that was the reason behind his leaving, I don’t see how adding other guys he doesn’t know changes it, when the core is still like 20-22, but I guess anything is possible. 

Bernier is 33. Tatar is 30. And Hamilton is 28 (but is famously not a partier or into that kind of stuff). Last year who was our 2nd oldest player, Subban? And ofc he acts like a big kid himself lol.

But like I said I don’t really want Trav back anyway, so I don’t really care. Just pointing out that if he did come back he’d have some guys in the room now that are closer to his age than to Jack’s or Ty’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t think the Devils have much interest in Zajac.  Or vice-versa.  I’ll always have a soft spot for him, but just feels like both parties have since moved on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If what was said about him feeling too old among all of these kids and not having a place is true, I don’t see any way he would come back. I suspect it’s Long Island or a relaxing winter. 

Not that i want him back necessarily but his quote sounds like something that was taken out of context big time. I mean, it would only be the 6849020th time just in the last 12 months that a writer puts an out of context and subjective headlines or quotes just to get people upset and get clicks. I just can't imagine Travis throwing unnecessary shades at NJ like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Bernier is 33. Tatar is 30. And Hamilton is 28 (but is famously not a partier or into that kind of stuff). Last year who was our 2nd oldest player, Subban? And ofc he acts like a big kid himself lol.

But like I said I don’t really want Trav back anyway, so I don’t really care. Just pointing out that if he did come back he’d have some guys in the room now that are closer to his age than to Jack’s or Ty’s.

Still doesn’t make sense to me, not for him or us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not that i want him back necessarily but his quote sounds like something that was taken out of context big time. I mean, it would only be the 6849020th time just in the last 12 months that a writer puts an out of context and subjective headlines or quotes just to get people upset and get clicks. I just can't imagine Travis throwing unnecessary shades at NJ like this. 

Well I definitely accounted for that with my first sentence, where I conditioned my statement on that fact actually being true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think he'll be back in NY though. I mean, if Palmieri, Zajac and all Lou's UFA would "really" be out there without a contract. They'd be talking to other teams by now and we would have heard about it. I know Lou can be a bit of an ass playing hardball at times. But he wouldn't just let those guys hang in there waiting for him "in case" he has room for them after his moves. At least i hope so. He probably have a handshake deal with all of them and doesn't want it to go public for wtv reasons. Its Lou after all. 

Plus can Lou REALLY pass over the opportunity to put Zajac and Parise back together again on his 4th line? Of course he can't. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well I definitely accounted for that with my first sentence, where I conditioned my statement on that fact actually being true. 

for sure, i was just adding to your statement giving my own interpretation rather than replying to it

I believe left-handed people in Scotland calls it "Piggybacking" 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Plus can Lou REALLY pass over the opportunity to put Zajac and Parise back together again on his 4th line? Of course he can't. 

Like I said previously, trying to put the two of them back together 15 years later is the most Lou thing ever. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Holy fvck what is Holland doing:

Anyone else fvcking loving the Hamilton contract right now?

Holy sh!t.  I am just catching up.  This is insane.   The Hamilton contract looks better every day.   I’m so glad we went with Fitzgerald instead of one of these retread GMs.   

Honestly, the NHL needs to step in at some point and work a Gretzky type trade out of Edmonton because they are just waisting him (and Draisaitl) up there.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Holy sh!t.  I am just catching up.  This is insane.   The Hamilton contract looks better every day.   I’m so glad we went with Fitzgerald instead of one of these retread GMs.   

Honestly, the NHL needs to step in at some point and work a Gretzky type trade out of Edmonton because they are just waisting him (and Draisaitl) up there.   

McDavid for Severson one for one

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.