2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

19 minutes ago, titans04 said:

hmmmmmm.

If he isn’t committed to building this here, than fvck him. Go to Pittsburgh. We’ll be busy kicking your ass after Sid and Geno age out and you have a bare-ass prospect pool to rebuild with. Hopefully Fitzgerald doesn’t think the grass is greener, but if he does, like I said, he can get fvcked. I have no time for disloyalty. Tom Fitzgerald hasn’t accomplished jack sh!t enough as a GM to be disloyal.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he isn’t committed to building this here, than fvck him. Go to Pittsburgh. We’ll be busy kicking your ass after Sid and Geno age out and you have a bare-ass prospect pool to rebuild with. Hopefully Fitzgerald doesn’t think the grass is greener, but if he does, like I said, he can get fvcked. I have no time for disloyalty. Tom Fitzgerald hasn’t accomplished jack sh!t enough as a GM to be disloyal.

I want to think there's nothing to this at all but if there is yeah I'm with you, get f*cked. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't think he'd leave a situation here that he's helped build for a situation with a most likely less bright future but if he does he can go lick a frozen flagpole. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s pretty aggressive given that all that was said is that Pittsburgh was interested in HIM, not that HE was interested lol. 

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s pretty aggressive given that all that was said is that Pittsburgh was interested in HIM, not that HE was interested lol. 

Where there’s smoke, there is usually fire. Fitz can put it all to bed by saying he’s gainfully employed and not looking to make a lateral move.

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Where there’s smoke, there is usually fire. Fitz can put it all to bed by saying he’s gainfully employed and not looking to make a lateral move.

Does he have a contract beyond this season? If not, there’s no way he would ever say that. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think he has one year beyond this one, but I’m not sure. 

It would still be shooting Homescapes in the foot in terms of future contract negotiations. 

Of course, I once interviewed for, took, and started a new job before getting my former (who remains my current) boss to bring me back at the salary that I wanted. So I play hardball in negotiations. Always be ready to walk away lol. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

He's had year here with Covid. And w/ Devils bleeding $$$ (like many teams) because of Covid. These aren't normal time times. we don't know what constraints he's been working under. Also, if he's only signed for one year, shouldn't he look for someone who's more "committed to him. A one year contract is not a "ringing endorsement". If he was given a 1 year contract, he needs to look out for himself. They're not "committed" to him! 

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Love it. I flipped a guy into the bench with that exact move as a kid. People were running me the rest of the game lol. 

Sadly, we'll never see something like this from our team. 

27 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

He's had year here with Covid. And w/ Devils bleeding $$$ (like many teams) because of Covid. These aren't normal time times. we don't know what constraints he's been working under. Also, if he's only signed for one year, shouldn't he look for someone who's more "committed to him. A one year contract is not a "ringing endorsement". If he was given a 1 year contract, he needs to look out for himself. They're not "committed" to him! 

Exactly right. Who in their right mind would have a one year contract and say “I’m not interested in that job because it’s a lateral move and I’m happy here”, and then the team can either not renew him, or in negotiating a new contract, he has substantially weakened his position. 

In short, you don’t publicly and verbally commit to an employer who hasn’t committed to you. 

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

To be fair, the way the last two games were called, whomever from our team would make a hit like this would be suspended for life and possibly exiled from the League.

I wasn’t even penalized when I did it. I should have been, I deliberately tossed the guy into the bench because I always wanted to do it. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think he has one year beyond this one, but I’m not sure. 

I remember reading that he has a longer term contract here in NJ, but was given a bump in title and pay for 1 year to be the GM.   The Devils would have to give permission to PITT to interview and/or hire him, even if they don't extend his term as GM of the team beyond this season as he still would be under contract with the team.

Personally, I think he's done a good job in his limited time thus far and believe he should be given a full and fair shot here.  I'm scared of who could be installed as GM if he leaves at the end of the season, as ownership seems to be in love with Chayka for some reason.   

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Nobody mentioned Lafrenniere getting his first goal in OT? Ok, I will. 

Fvck that girl-name having piece of sh!t. 

Took him 7 games. Just like Hischier.

Took 8 games for Jack. But it was kind of cool that he scored his first goal playing against his brother

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Took him 7 games. Just like Hischier.

Took 8 games for Jack. But it was kind of cool that he scored his first goal playing against his brother

So you’re saying he is clearly equal to Nico and a better prospect than Hughes? 😉