2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh so because someone says something negative about a person who happen to be a minority. Without providing any extra details. That's making him racist. And if someone disagree they are blind, dumb, stupid and ignorant. Are you even aware of how insanely insane of a jump to conclusion this is? 

I wrote a long post explaining why people think PK is problematic but you're too cool to read it and CHOOSE to be ignorant about it. Then call other people racist cause you can't perceive anything based on your own tiny echo chamber. I don't personally care about anything PK did here. But he did fvcking jump in a pool in a bikini. I personally thought it was funny but if someone would call that a circus, i'd get it. Or point out how he dresses weird. Just like we did with Kinkaid too, who's a white dude. It has nothing to do with skin colour. 

This is so fvcking insane. I expect someone with so little logic like you're displaying here to wear 2 different shoes.

You out of anyone on this board said WORD FOR WORD some of the most horrible things. Straight up black and white. Horrible things. And we all believe you that you were just joking or wtv. But then you call someone racist for not saying anything racist at all? And wont even consider apologizing or taking it back? That's straight up disgusting. 

He's obviously a "Racist".............!!

What a tool

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

why-not-both-por-que-no-los-dos.gif

My thought was that I understand why racism still exists (mostly stupidity), and then I saw your meme and realized that does indeed apply to los dos. 

Edited by mfitz804

Vancouver I’m sure would match any offer, but it’s fun to discuss. https://www.si.com/hockey/news/could-the-canucks-elias-pettersson-become-an-offer-sheet-target?fbclid=IwAR2J5e-Gqr-AusAS0Bv2IGuIXoUL71t5kHKQfnYFHraQgjg3KQyUQtqvnWM

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is abysmal failure another way?

Yet another way would be ‘clusterfvck’.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I would consider it, depending what the salary would be/what level of compensation was required. 

I am assuming it would cost a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick and I think I’m willing to do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if there’s any team in the league i don’t want to get into a pissing match with, its Vancouver.

Jack is going to be an RFA soon enough fellas. 

Really soon. Having never played a full season as of today. So weird. 

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if there’s any team in the league i don’t want to get into a pissing match with, its Vancouver.

Jack is going to be an RFA soon enough fellas. 

I’m not saying we should do it, I was just raising it as an interesting discussion topic given the Kotkaniemi offer sheet. 

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not saying we should do it, I was just raising it as an interesting discussion topic given the Kotkaniemi offer sheet. 

wasn’t saying you were! just engaging in discussion. 

• Like 1

Yeah I was day dreaming about sending one to Brady Tkachuk because I think it could be in the 1st and 3rd range and he is exactly the type of player that this team needs.

However, the Devils are going to be in a super vulnerable position for the next couple years.  I don't think Eugene Melnyk is as fickle as Tom Dundon is, but we have a lot of young guys that I think are going to have to be Tetris'd into the salary cap as they all come up.

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

Yeah I was day dreaming about sending one to Brady Tkachuk because I think it could be in the 1st and 3rd range and he is exactly the type of player that this team needs.

However, the Devils are going to be in a super vulnerable position for the next couple years.  I don't think Eugene Melnyk is as fickle as Tom Dundon is, but we have a lot of young guys that I think are going to have to be Tetris'd into the salary cap as they all come up.

Are we really THAT vulnerable though? Like sure we'll have a bunch of RFAs, but are any due monster raises. Hell even Jack if he doesn't stay healthy and crush this season I could see getting just a bridge deal to keep him RFA but let him earn bigger pay, no?

Right now we only have $45m against the cap

Maybe I'm naive though

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

Are we really THAT vulnerable though? Like sure we'll have a bunch of RFAs, but are any due monster raises. Hell even Jack if he doesn't stay healthy and crush this season I could see getting just a bridge deal to keep him RFA but let him earn bigger pay, no?

Maybe I'm naive though

Plus we have Subban's contract coming off the books so that's $9M right there.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Like I said a few pages back..............Fitz should 100% be offer sheeting Brady Tkachuk for $8.2 and give up the Lawrence Welk picks

For you young'uns, that's a 1 and a 2 and a 3

It’s a great reference that probably went over 90% of the board’s heads. But I got it lol. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jagknife said:

Maybe I'm naive though

$45 million currently tied up for 2022-23 (barring a deal involving anyone currently contributing to that overall hit of course):

New Jersey Devils Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

RFAs to be (Arb eligible):  Wood, Zacha, Bratt, Jaros

"Regular" RFAs (no Arb):  Boqvist, Hughes, Studenic

UFA:  PK (can't see him coming back, unless it's on a one-year "stopgap" contract...I don't think the Devils really want to commit to him long-term, nor should they).  

It's a "Show Me" year for a lot of the young ones...I gotta think that unless Hughes has a meh to lousy year or spends most of it injured, Fits will give him a hefty raise.  If Zacha has a year where he puts up 55 - 60 points (that's about the pace he's managed over his last 70 GP), he's getting a nice raise too.  Wood I have on the fence...I like him, but he's one of those guys that you start to think about replacing with someone from within who's younger and cheaper, if possible...not that he'll ever be insanely expensive, but is he the kind of player you ever want to go over $4 mil AAV for?  That's why it's so important to nail those damned picks...so nice to forever have cheap ELC/1st contract players sprinkled into your lineup, so if need be, you can move a guy like Wood just when he's about to become much less cost-effective.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

$45 million currently tied up for 2022-23 (barring a deal involving anyone currently contributing to that overall hit of course):

New Jersey Devils Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

RFAs to be (Arb eligible):  Wood, Zacha, Bratt, Jaros

"Regular" RFAs (no Arb):  Boqvist, Hughes, Studenic

UFA:  PK (can't see him coming back, unless it's on a one-year "stopgap" contract...I don't think the Devils really want to commit to him long-term, nor should they).  

It's a "Show Me" year for a lot of the young ones...I gotta think that unless Hughes has a meh to lousy year or spends most of it injured, Fits will give him a hefty raise.  If Zacha has a year where he puts up 55 - 60 points (that's about the pace he's managed over his last 70 GP), he's getting a nice raise too.  Wood I have on the fence...I like him, but he's one of those guys that you start to think about replacing with someone from within who's younger and cheaper, if possible...not that he'll ever be insanely expensive, but is he the kind of player you ever want to go over $4 mil AAV for?  That's why it's so important to nail those damned picks...so nice to forever have cheap ELC/1st contract players sprinkled into your lineup, so if need be, you can move a guy like Wood just when he's about to become much less cost-effective.  

Unfortunately i can see Wood's agent getting into his head and asking wayyyy too much money for what he brings. Kind of like what happened with Clarkson.

Could be totally wrong though. But he does bring something that we do need but you shouldnt overpay for that unless you're in a position where you can but meh