2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

14 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Jesus what a disaster for the Sens tnight lol... Murray let in 3 goals on 9 shots... get pulled... Backup comes in and get scored on twice on 3 shots....

all in the first period.

Was wondering if they'd go back to Murray to start the 2nd... nope. Kept Hogberg... then get scored on within the first 40 seconds of the 2nd period lol

Just goes to show how lucky we've been with our 3rd and 4th string goalies..

2 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Just goes to show how lucky we've been with our 3rd and 4th string goalies..

Pretty much my thoughts on it.  Going into the season with Blackwood-Crawford with Wedgewood the emergency taxi goalie, we looked to be in a good spot.  Then Crawford retires, Blackwood gets COVID and Wedgewood has to step in to be the starter on a condensed schedule.  Could have been a disaster, but he and Comrie have exceeded my expectations so far and kept us competitive.  Hopefully Dell comes off the COVID protocol list and Blackwood recovers and is cleared to play soon so we don't keep pushing that luck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Trying to trade someone that no one wanted for free should be fun for them. 

Unless the question becomes, what else will you give me to take that piece of sh!t?

He has a bit of history putting up numbers too, maybe someone would take a chance on him if they were also getting something else in return?

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 10:13 PM, Jerzey said:

I don’t believe that just because someone says something racist it necessarily means they’re racist.

I mean look at Kramer (Michael Richards). He snapped during a live show and dropped the N bomb but is he really a racist or was he so mad that he lost it and said the worst thing he could think of? Same with Mel Gibson. He was drunk and really mad so he said some really bad sh!t.

These guys could actually be racist, I’m just saying words don’t tell the whole story. How many of us older guys will admit that we used the F bomb back in the day with no intent of being anti gay? 

You're 100% right but this sort of "calm rational thinking and understanding context" thing is not welcome these days.

People are upset (and rightfully so in many cases to be fair) and they just want blood. Context doesn't matter.  

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude is a type 1 diabetic. Hope he is okay.

Yeah hopefully he doesn't have it. Obviously you can be on that list and not have the virus at all too. You may just have been in close contact with people who were exposed to people who tested positive or something. So let's hope for that

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s a Ranger, of course he’s butt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kings rocking the reverse retros tonight. They look sharp. Probably my favorite RR besides ours.

I saw the Wild wearing theirs the other night and, despite the fact that some people said they don't make much sense considering Minnesota moved and became the Stars in the 90s (they may have a point), I still thought they were pretty badass.  

• Like 3

Also on the subject, how could the Islanders really get away with the ones they're pushing as RR's?  I mean, maybe they didn't have a ton of choices, but I feel like a mostly-orange one would've been the logical choice with minimal effort.  Instead it seems like they almost decided they were going to skip it altogether and do nothing, because their RR almost looks identical to something they've worn at some point within the last decade.

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I saw the Wild wearing theirs the other night and, despite the fact that some people said they don't make much sense considering Minnesota moved and became the Stars in the 90s (they may have a point), I still thought they were pretty badass.  

Yeah I liked Minnesota’s too. Thought they looked sharp. They were even wearing the old North Stars pants with the stars down the side lol. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah Minnesota's is sick. 

Not using the Fisherman logo is a HUGE L for the Islanders tbh

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I liked Minnesota’s too. Thought they looked sharp. The were even wearing the old North Stars pants with the stars down the side lol. 

Oh wow lol, I didn't notice that.  

Did you catch the Stars in their black and neon?  I thought I would really like them when I saw them in the design release before the season began, but I didn't like them as much when I saw them actually wearing them.  I have a feeling part of it was because the rest of their gear was the dark/forest-green color and didn't match at all, but it still looked a little weird regardless.

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Yeah Minnesota's is sick. 

Not using the Fisherman logo is a HUGE L for the Islanders tbh

Right?  I know it's sort of divided and it seems like you either love or hate the Fisherman logo, but that's at least half your fanbase that probably would've scooped one up for a collector's item.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Right?  I know it's sort of divided and it seems like you either love or hate the Fisherman logo, but that's at least half your fanbase that probably would've scooped one up for a collector's item.

Let's be honest, nostalgia is a huge factor with those jerseys. Simply because of the nostalgia and "meme" factor, the Fisherman logo would've been a hit and would've probably been one of the most loved ones. I mean, Arizona's and Anaheim's aren't the most beautiful (they're kinda ugly even lol), but because of the "meme" aspect of them, they're on most people's top 10.