2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

40 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Some familiar names on there: John Quenneville, Stefan Matteau, Keith Kinkaid, Kurtis Gabriel, Steve Santini and probably a couple more that I missed.

Two former Devils first-rounders and a second-rounder.  Man did that draft well dry up there for a while...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Holy. sh!t.

Just saw, gonna read the article once the kiddos go to bed, but color me not even remotely shocked a kid who took photos of himself talking into stacks of cash hasn't managed money well....

7 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

So apparently Evander Kane is filing for bankruptcy, he's allegedly almost $30M in debt

talk about timing, posted just after you.

EDIT: $10.8m in homes he still owes money on. Just had his first kid. Had multiple millions in gambling debts, still hasnt paid out a civil suit settlement from an Erie County Court, assault ruling. Oh, and he might opt out of this season and forefit his salary, apparently. Holy sh!t.

EDIT 2: The Sharks are refusing to help settle the debts, too. He must really have pissed them off

Edited by jagknife

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just goes to show you, doesn’t matter how much you pay people, the kind of person they are is the kind of person they are. 

Some people really have to learn the hard way. Maybe he can use this as the impetus to turn things back around for the better. I hope so, anyway.

55 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This might be the reason behind that... 

https://sanjosehockeynow.com/kane-sharks-sued-by-centennial-bank/

I saw Centennial in the initial article and chuckled cause that's who I had my mortgage with on the new house. Looks like they trusted him so little, they had the Sharks pay them directly. Wonder how that changed in October of 19...

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Well this makes more sense now, he needed the money... 

It’s infuriating that a YouTube dingus is such a good fighter, but he has beaten the sh!t out of the guys he’s fought. 

Not to say he’d beat Kane, but he’s way better of a fighter than he should be. And If the published height/weights are correct, Kane isn’t even bigger than him. He’s referring to Nate Robinson, who Paul recently KTFO’d, who was only 5’9”. 

Seems like a win-win fight, either you watch Kane beat up a YouTube douche or you watch a YouTube douche beat up Evander Kane. I’d watch. 

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I saw Centennial in the initial article and chuckled cause that's who I had my mortgage with on the new house. Looks like they trusted him so little, they had the Sharks pay them directly. Wonder how that changed in October of 19...

That is kind of weird, you wouldn’t expect the team would just stop making those payments if there was a contractual obligation that they continue. If just Kane had defaulted, it wouldn’t be surprising. But if they were supposed to just pay it directly from his wages, I don’t know what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This kind of thing has been rumored for years but what an absolute waste that renovation was if this ever gets approved... 

https://newyorkyimby.com/2021/01/twin-supertalls-revealed-as-part-of-garden-city-possible-relocation-of-madison-square-garden-in-midtown-manhattan.html

Meh. Dolan uses $100 bills to light his cigars. He doesn’t care.