Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think I only ever heard that from Flyers fans, and honestly, what do they know other than cheesesteaks and the Liberty Bell?

Nah. The hype surrounding Hart has been crazy for quite a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think I only ever heard that from Flyers fans, and honestly, what do they know other than cheesesteaks and the Liberty Bell?

Pretzels.  I’ve lived here a long time and they are very good at pretzels.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the timing got all screwed up but the NHL did a good job with these games in Tahoe.   It was great scenery and since they can’t charge $400 per ticket with no fans, they can’t run this idea into the ground like they did with the winter classic/stadium series/heritage classic.  
 

Just one suggestion.  Get rid of the douche between periods that actually found a way to be less funny than Jeremy F’ing Roenick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Philly soft pretzels are quite good.

Hot-off-the-presses Philly Pretzel Factory is damned good stuff.  Unfortunately the one is Hillsborough (where I work) and the one in Flemington (about 20 mins from where I live) went kaput a long time ago.  There's still some in NJ (Edison isn't too far away from work), but I miss have convenient locations to go to.  Sometimes if I go to Bridgewater Commons*, I'll go to Auntie Anne's, but like most soft pretzels, if they're not uber-fresh, they're not that great.  

*And on another note, Bridgewater Commons is in the early stages of dying a dead mall death...I've been going there lately to get my speedwalk miles in, when the weather is especially slushy/wet.  Lord and Taylor is almost done...never a good thing to lose a three-story anchor store...who is going to want to rent that kind of space?  This mall actually does a pretty good job of "hiding" empty spaces (they black out the windows and decorate them with flowery graphics...at least that beats looking into an abandoned space), but there's more of them than I remember seeing...and two more (Godiva and Gamestop) just went soyonara.  I went there Saturday night with my daughter, after dinner, just to walk off some calories with her...the place was actually kind of lively, which was nice to see.  If I go there on a weeknight, it's borderline dead...I went on Thursday afternoon (left work early due to weather) to get my miles in, and the place was so quiet and empty (except for the main mall music and whatever individual stores happening to be playing) it was damned near disturbing.  Everyone working there almost seemed sad...which was making me sad.  

Still weird to see the world that I knew for so long (especially when it came to where and how we shopped) changing so much.  Not that it's bad...things change.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope this is not too long. We sure love to see the Rangers sucking. But i rather have the Rangers a middle of the pack team getting  middle of the pack picks. And they are obviously a worst team without Panarin. They already lucked into Laf and Kakko, that's enough top picks for them.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I hope this is not too long. We sure love to see the Rangers sucking. But i rather have the Rangers a middle of the pack team getting  middle of the pack picks. And they are obviously a worst team without Panarin. They already lucked into Laf and Kakko, that's enough top picks for them.

Right, so they are going nowhere fast, Panarin doesn't really feel like wasting his time, the team would rather he not be around so they get a better pick, makes you wonder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wow that's wild - Putin's power extends far and wide.  Absolutely insane.

I'd be afraid for my family's health if anyone is still living there if I was Panarin.

According to at least one report I read he does have family there. Hopefully they are safe. Scary stuff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, so they are going nowhere fast, Panarin doesn't really feel like wasting his time, the team would rather he not be around so they get a better pick, makes you wonder. 

well in cases like this i'm sure where his team rank at the end of the year must be a far afterthought. His family's safety is likely #1 and the whole due process that you have to go through when something like this happen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

well in cases like this i'm sure where his team rank at the end of the year must be a far afterthought. His family's safety is likely #1 and the whole due process that you have to go through when something like this happen

I suppose that's true, I just hate him and the Rangers enough for it to cloud my judgment. I do hope he and his family are all ok. 

Also, if the allegation is true, he can go fvck himself and I hope he never plays in the NHL again. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I suppose that's true, I just hate him and the Rangers enough for it to cloud my judgment. I do hope he and his family are all ok. 

Also, if the allegation is true, he can go fvck himself and I hope he never plays in the NHL again. 

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on that allegation given it’s very likely to be an attempt at retribution by Putin. Obviously if it is true, then I agree. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt on that allegation given it’s very likely to be an attempt at retribution by Putin. Obviously if it is true, then I agree. 

Exactly, that's why I qualified it by saying if its true. 

It could well be made up, but if it is, they really made it very specific, date, location, age of the victim, etc...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll try and find them later but there's quotes already coming out from some people at the location saying it never happened and the coach is batsh!t crazy and the entire story is made up. Hotel manager types, security etc.  However I'm sure Putin has the ability to magically prop up others to say they were there and it did.  I believe Panarin still has family over there which would make me question his smarts for being so vocal against Putin because it was only a matter of time before something like this happened in retaliation.  Ovi is latched onto Putin's balls so Panarin is not going to to get much support from the RUssian players here imo.

Now if the story were to be true he should choke on a bag of dicks.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I'll try and find them later but there's quotes already coming out from some people at the location saying it never happened and the coach is batsh!t crazy and the entire story is made up. Hotel manager types, security etc.  However I'm sure Putin has the ability to magically prop up others to say they were there and it did.  I believe Panarin still has family over there which would make me question his smarts for being so vocal against Putin because it was only a matter of time before something like this happened in retaliation.  Ovi is latched onto Putin's balls so Panarin is not going to to get much support from the RUssian players here imo.

Now if the story were to be true he should choke on a bag of dicks.

 

Agreed. Well, he should also choke on a bag of dIcks because he's on the Rangers. But still. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.