Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So the Rags #1OA man child continues to struggle. Still just the 2 goals through 17 GP. How the hell has he not at least picked up a couple secondary assists by now?

I remember a stretch a few years ago where Zacha literally couldn’t buy an assist, but this is just unreal. 

 

2A48D9BC-CDAC-4F36-B984-86B321FD9B23.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hated that they gave the Conn Smythe to Giguere. Always have. He was great, but so was Marty. And that ended up being the one thing missing from his trophy case when all was said and done. If you pu

I don’t want a guy who pulled the sh!t PLD did the other night anyway. fvck that noise. I don’t need anything like that near my impressionable young core.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So the Rags #1OA man child continues to struggle. Still just the 2 goals through 17 GP. How the hell has he not at least picked up a couple secondary assists by now?

And his #3 counterpart has 5G, 5A. 

And Kakko with 2g, 1A. 

That all sounds good to me. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And his #3 counterpart has 5G, 5A. 

And Kakko with 2g, 1A. 

That all sounds good to me. 

 

Kakko-Dookie-Doo coming up a full season's worth of GP...12 G and 14 A through 80 GP so far.

Hughes with 11 G and 21 A through 75 GP in his young career.  

Still early for both of them obviously (and Hughes looks like he's settling in, though sadly he's not going to get rewarded with as many points this year as he might on a more developed or talented team)...but I remember more than a few saying (especially Rags fans) that Kakko "having played with men" was going to give him an advantage coming out of the gate.  Glad that it hasn't turned out that way.  And that it's Hughes who's making strides.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

...but I remember more than a few saying (especially Rags fans) that Kakko "having played with men" was going to give him an advantage coming out of the gate.  

All just a bs way of justifying why they didn’t care they didn’t have the 1OA.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, Nicomo said:

Habs fired Julien. 

Remember, they fired Kirk Muller, too.  Would anyone like see him back here?  He had been one of our captains.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 3:46 AM, titans04 said:

I believe this guy would be considered a KHL hockey insider by most.

 

 

a young player. money, alcohol. Women sometimes agree, women sometimes refuse. Conflicts happen. I don't think he hit anyone there, this coach Nazarov is a fvcking a$$hole.

About Putin and freedom of speech. Well, guys. You should also understand that you have your own propaganda and our problems are presented differently than they really are. Believe it or not - your choice, but in our country, the opposition resources and posts are not banished.

At the same time, there are very serious problems, but for some reason, "problem talkers" are talking about completely different things.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Guadana said:

a young player. money, alcohol. Women sometimes agree, women sometimes refuse. Conflicts happen. I don't think he hit anyone there, this coach Nazarov is a fvcking a$$hole.

About Putin and freedom of speech. Well, guys. You should also understand that you have your own propaganda and our problems are presented differently than they really are. Believe it or not - your choice, but in our country, the opposition resources and posts are not banished.

At the same time, there are very serious problems, but for some reason, "problem talkers" are talking about completely different things.

Instead, they end up being poisoned to death.  I'm not trying to start an international incident or get into a lengthy discussion on US/Russia geopolitical thinking.  I'm also not saying that the news "media" in the US isn't a propoganda machine, but Putin's government has an "interesting" way of dealing with dissidents that's for sure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

DBA’s squad got beat 5-2 by the 2nd worst team in the league lol. I feel really sorry for Preds fans. 

NSH blew up my parlay last night.  I am never again betting on a John Hynes coached team no matter who they are playing.  EVER!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chuck the Duck said:

Instead, they end up being poisoned to death.  I'm not trying to start an international incident or get into a lengthy discussion on US/Russia geopolitical thinking.  I'm also not saying that the news "media" in the US isn't a propoganda machine, but Putin's government has an "interesting" way of dealing with dissidents that's for sure.  

This complex is inappropriate to the discussion. Let's just say that many people have questions about these poisonings.
Well, if we omit questions about specific poisonings - we also have an internal political struggle. And even within a particular one side, there are also their own camps. Different oligarchs, different departments.
And in Russia, such a struggle has always taken place and is taking place in silence.

I mean, you should not draw conclusions about other countries without understanding the specific situations and its subtleties. Again, even if I try to explain something , it will be a personal opinion.

But I do not forbid thinking that everything is bad in Russia, there is no freedom of speech, and all" opponents " are being hounded. When and if it comes to war , it will be easier to let your relatives go to kill other "bad" people. Isn't that how it's done in the US?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it’s always good to omit questions about specific poisonings. Allows for plausible deniability later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if we are going to say people shouldn’t have opinions about Devils fans because they don’t o to games, it’s probably stupid for those of us not from Russia to then have opinions about Russian government and politics and how things are over there. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Instead, they end up being poisoned to death.  I'm not trying to start an international incident or get into a lengthy discussion on US/Russia geopolitical thinking.  I'm also not saying that the news "media" in the US isn't a propoganda machine, but Putin's government has an "interesting" way of dealing with dissidents that's for sure.  

Our government is a bit more secretive about the people they make disappear.. But don't kid yourself into thinking were not as corrupt.. DC is a sewer left and right.  political view now ended ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fun to throw rocks while living in a glass house. I just hope that adults, communicating maybe with not  the most pleasant, but still a person(me), will draw conclusions that we are also people(surprise). And the things that are happening in our country may be different than they are exposed in the media. After all, this is exactly what happens in America with media, as I can judge from the reviews of the residents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, if we are going to say people shouldn’t have opinions about Devils fans because they don’t o to games, it’s probably stupid for those of us not from Russia to then have opinions about Russian government and politics and how things are over there. 

Well the suggestion that people shouldnt have an opinion because they don't go to games is so dumb, so i don't think it should be any sort of reference for anything else in term of what one can and cannot do lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well the suggestion that people shouldnt have an opinion because they don't go to games is so dumb, so i don't think it should be any sort of reference for anything else in term of what one can and cannot do lol

Depends on what the opinion is. If the opinion is about what fans are like at games, then someone who has never been doesn't really know other than from third-hand information.

Same situation for people who don't live in Russia assessing the state of Russian government. They only know what the media says, and half of what the media says is sh!t and the other half is biased. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Depends on what the opinion is. If the opinion is about what fans are like at games, then someone who has never been doesn't really know other than from third-hand information.

Same situation for people who don't live in Russia assessing the state of Russian government. They only know what the media says, and half of what the media says is sh!t and the other half is biased. 

we live in the internet world. It's very possible for people to do proper research and it's just as possible that the people "in the situation" are just as biased and only projecting their own narrative and what they want the opinion to be

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

we live in the internet world. It's very possible for people to do proper research and it's just as possible that the people "in the situation" are just as biased and only projecting their own narrative and what they want the opinion to be

Sure, everything you can Google on the internet is perfectly accurate. Let's go with that lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mfitz804 said:

Sure, everything you can Google on the internet is perfectly accurate. Let's go with that lol.

Not really the point i was making lol

What i mean is that at the end of the day, most people will just want to believe the opinion they want to believe. No matter the source.

Like for example... i remember reading claims that immigration was a big problem in sweden. I personally have no idea and don't really care. And i've read reports and blogs from people living in sweden and they were completely different. And of course people in north america would only believe whichever reports supporting what they want to believe and support their narrative and discard and call bs on the other reports that goes against what they want to believe.

And as for going to Devils game... ask a pro-you suck / rangers suck (when not playing the rangers) chant dude and ask one that think it's dumb.. they were both at the game but will have vastly different experiences.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not really the point i was making lol

What i mean is that at the end of the day, most people will just want to believe the opinion they want to believe. No matter the source.

Like for example... i remember reading claims that immigration was a big problem in sweden. I personally have no idea and don't really care. And i've read reports and blogs from people living in sweden and they were completely different. And of course people in north america would only believe whichever reports supporting what they want to believe and support their narrative and discard and call bs on the other reports that goes against what they want to believe.

And as for going to Devils game... ask a pro-you suck / rangers suck (when not playing the rangers) chant dude and ask one that think it's dumb.. they were both at the game but will have vastly different experiences.

 

 

Knowing the chant exists, you can say whether or not you like it, that’s a matter of opinion.

If you said “most fans do it” or “most fans don’t”, you would have no basis for that other than third hand opinion from a handful of people who mentioned it online. 

If you think you can find things online that tell you the true story of how oppressive (or not oppressive) Russian government is, then you’re incredibly naive. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Knowing the chant exists, you can say whether or not you like it, that’s a matter of opinion.

If you said “most fans do it” or “most fans don’t”, you would have no basis for that other than third hand opinion from a handful of people who mentioned it online. 

If you think you can find things online that tell you the true story of how oppressive (or not oppressive) Russian government is, then you’re incredibly naive. 

 

I have russian and german friends living there who are a lot more knowledgeable about the situation and living it. So i'm asking them, not some random internet report

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I have russian and german friends living there who are a lot more knowledgeable about the situation and living it. So i'm asking them, not some random internet report

Never mind, you don’t get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.