2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

21 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Philly waived Ghost. Do we grab him?

I feel like I don’t watch them closely enough to know how bad he has gotten, but that’s a guy with. 52+ assist season as a defenseman not long ago. 

$4.5m cap hit for 3 more years after this one. 27 years old, maybe one of those “new surroundings, rediscover yourself” situations?

44 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like I don’t watch them closely enough to know how bad he has gotten, but that’s a guy with. 52+ assist season as a defenseman not long ago. 

$4.5m cap hit for 3 more years after this one. 27 years old, maybe one of those “new surroundings, rediscover yourself” situations?

I think we should give him a shot. If he fits in then we can protect him at the expansion but if he sucks we can expose him and hope they take him.

Really I’d prefer to expose Subban but unless Seattle really wants to get to the floor I don’t think they’ll take him. You never know till you try though.

11 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I think we should give him a shot. If he fits in then we can protect him at the expansion but if he sucks we can expose him and hope they take him.

Really I’d prefer to expose Subban but unless Seattle really wants to get to the floor I don’t think they’ll take him. You never know till you try though.

I kind of feel he's worth the risk. Your comparison to Subban is pretty close, same term left, but he's a little younger than PK was at the time and also costs half what PK cost. 

Granted he isn't a former Norris winner, but I feel like it's worth a shot. 

I have a feeling there will be other teams after him and he will not clear regardless. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I kind of feel he's worth the risk. Your comparison to Subban is pretty close, same term left, but he's a little younger than PK was at the time and also costs half what PK cost. 

Granted he isn't a former Norris winner, but I feel like it's worth a shot. 

I have a feeling there will be other teams after him and he will not clear regardless. 

To be fair Subban shouldn't be a norris winner either. And that's not just me hating. That year there's not a single logical metric that supports that he won it, it's ridiculous

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair Subban shouldn't be a norris winner either. And that's not just me hating. That year there's not a single logical metric that supports that he won it, it's ridiculous

That might be true, I have no idea. But he did win, and having that on his resume is worth something to some people. 

Having only really paid attention to him since he arrived in New Jersey, I have a hard time believing he was ever a really good player. People talk about Ty Smith and how smooth his movements are, PK is like the complete opposite of that. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That might be true, I have no idea. But he did win, and having that on his resume is worth something to some people. 

Having only really paid attention to him since he arrived in New Jersey, I have a hard time believing he was ever a really good player. People talk about Ty Smith and how smooth his movements are, PK is like the complete opposite of that. 

Well he was very good offensively but thats it.

When he won the norris, he was legit NOT:

- Playing on the PK

- Playing against top competition

- Sent on the ice to protect leads late in games

- Sent on defensive zone face-offs

I mean... honestly, how in hell do you win "best overall dman" in the league when you're NOT even put in these defensive situations, its fvcking ridiculous. Plus it was during a shortened season where he didn't play a single game against a West team.

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well he was very good offensively but thats it.

When he won the norris, he was legit NOT:

- Playing on the PK

- Playing against top competition

- Sent on the ice to protect leads late in games

- Sent on defensive zone face-offs

I mean... honestly, how in hell do you win "best overall dman" in the league when you're NOT even put in these defensive situations, its fvcking ridiculous. Plus it was during a shortened season where he didn't play a single game against a West team.

They probably did it just to annoy you. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it worked

It was a slam dunk opportunity to annoy you. Kind of like the Devils trading for him. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it was funny for an hour when it happened but since we're all pissed off at that decision lol 

That's fair lol.

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did you really get the impression that he truly mailed it in?  Not saying it’s not the case...given how this season has gone for both him and his team, his head is probably a complete mess.  

It wasn’t a good effort.  Given how their season is going and this embarrassing losing streak their on, I don’t feel like it’s too much to ask to play those 5 minutes of OT like it’s game 7 of the Stanley Cup.  

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

My thoughts are that was a blatant elbow to the head and McDavid should be suspended. 

Wow that’ll be interesting, do they suspend him?? Pretty obvious suspension if it was anyone else. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow that’ll be interesting, do they suspend him?? Pretty obvious suspension if it was anyone else. 

They have to on that one. They have no choice. Now- the length of that suspension? THAT is what will be interesting. Because if ANYONE does that exact same thing that McDavid does here, you’re talking five games, minimum. For a repeat offender like a Marchand or a Wilson, probably 10 or 15. Because he’s Connor McDavid, he probably gets two or three. And I won’t agree if it happens that way. He needs to be made an example of here. Five to seven games. I don’t think ten is out of the question. That was a nasty, dangerous elbow to the head, and Connor McDavid is entirely too good of a hockey player to be pulling sh!t like this.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

They have to on that one. They have no choice. Now- the length of that suspension? THAT is what will be interesting. Because if ANYONE does that exact same thing that McDavid does here, you’re talking five games, minimum. For a repeat offender like a Marchand or a Wilson, probably 10 or 15. Because he’s Connor McDavid, he probably gets two or three. And I won’t agree if it happens that way. He needs to be made an example of here. Five to seven games.

I googled suspensions for elbows to the head, guys who get 5 games are usually repeat offenders. Marchand had one. I think McDavid gets no more than 3. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I googled suspensions for elbows to the head, guys who get 5 games are usually repeat offenders. Marchand had one. I think McDavid gets no more than 3. 

I mean, he wound up and clocked him with the elbow. If I did that to you on the street, I’d be arrested and charged with assault. I agree the league will most definitely go light on the punishment because they don’t have any balls, but they shouldn’t.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I mean, he wound up and clocked him with the elbow. If I did that to you on the street, I’d be arrested and charged with assault. I agree the league will most definitely go light on the punishment because they don’t have any balls, but they shouldn’t.

There’s lots of stuff you can do in hockey that you can’t do in the street. But I don’t disagree. I just don’t think you throw the book at the most visible player in the league when he has no history of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s lots of stuff you can do in hockey that you can’t do in the street. But I don’t disagree. I just don’t think you throw the book at the most visible player in the league when he has no history of it. 

I think it’s okay to throw the book in certain cases at first time offenders; it’s gotta be something really blatant. That was a really nasty looking elbow. If they went heavy on him, I’d be fine with it. 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think it’s okay to throw the book in certain cases at first time offenders; it’s gotta be something really blatant. That was a really nasty looking elbow. If they went heavy on him, I’d be fine with it. 

I don’t disagree. But you know that’s not the guy they are going to make an example of, even if they wanted to throw the book at a first time offender.  He probably could’ve pulled his d!ck out and slapped him with it afterwards and he wouldn’t have gotten 5 games.