Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Joey Anderson with 2 Gs in Toronto tonight. Because of course

this is actually not true at all haha he didn't even play i watched the whole game

 

edit: oh. i understand what happened here. I assume you saw somewhere that J. Anderson had 2 goals in the Toronto / MTL game... lol well THAT is true. But it was Josh Anderson

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's the video.  

Is that is heart or is she saying that giant hole is the reason he has no Cups? I kid, I’m glad he’s feeling well lol. 

I don’t think Fitz got the proper congrats about the Vatanen deal. I mean, we always talk about trading a guy at the deadline and then re-signing him after the end of the season when his contract expi

Posted Images

I'm watching the Avs broadcast and I don't think I've ever heard a team, not even the Rangers, blow so much smoke up their own asses. By listening to them talk you'd think they already bought the balloons for the cup parade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm watching the Avs broadcast and I don't think I've ever heard a team, not even the Rangers, blow so much smoke up their own asses. By listening to them talk you'd think they already bought the balloons for the cup parade. 

In fairness, things are so good for Colorado right now. 

Absolutely stacked current roster, and they probably somehow also have one of the best prospect groups in the league. 

Future's bright for them for sure

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From a Devils fan standpoint, is it wrong for me to say it’s good to see Nolan Patrick playing and got a goal?  Glad to see he’s healthy and hope he has a good year.  Am I alone in that sentiment?

I do hope Nico has a much better year than him of course.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

From a Devils fan standpoint, is it wrong for me to say it’s good to see Nolan Patrick playing and got a goal?  Glad to see he’s healthy and hope he has a good year.  Am I alone in that sentiment?

I do hope Nico has a much better year than him of course.

I'm glad he's healthy enough to play, that's about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

In fairness, things are so good for Colorado right now. 

Absolutely stacked current roster, and they probably somehow also have one of the best prospect groups in the league. 

Future's bright for them for sure

For sure it's bright, but they're literally speaking about it like they're a forgone conclusion to win the cup. It's pompous. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm glad he's healthy enough to play, that's about it. 

Yeah I’m glad he can play and I’m happy for him personally for making it back, but I’m not gonna sit here and tell you I want to him to succeed as long as he’s playing for the Flyers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope we can see a sort of encouraging growth with players having breakout seasons every year like Vancouver was able to see

2014-2015 - Bo Harvat came in and had a "decent" rookie season.

2015-2016 - Harvat establish himself as a pretty solid player

2017-2017 - Brock Boeser come in as a rookie and become a star almost instantly

2018-2019 - Elias Petterson come in and establish himself as a star in his rookie season leading the team in points

2019-2020 - Quinn Hughes comes in and has an amazing rookie season and become a star instantly

and now Hoglander has been impressive recently and had a good game. So i guess he'll be the next one

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

From a Devils fan standpoint, is it wrong for me to say it’s good to see Nolan Patrick playing and got a goal?  Glad to see he’s healthy and hope he has a good year.  Am I alone in that sentiment?

I do hope Nico has a much better year than him of course.

Yes, it’s still wrong. You can say it’s good that he didn’t have a career ending head injury but anything more than that is crossing a line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

this is actually not true at all haha he didn't even play i watched the whole game

 

edit: oh. i understand what happened here. I assume you saw somewhere that J. Anderson had 2 goals in the Toronto / MTL game... lol well THAT is true. But it was Josh Anderson

Hahahaha. Exactly that. Friggin box scores. Whoops

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, it’s still wrong. You can say it’s good that he didn’t have a career ending head injury but anything more than that is crossing a line. 

You are actually right.  I should have worded that more carefully.  Should have specified I do not want the Flyers to succeed in any capacity but just good to see him healthy.  That really should have been the extent of it.  That was crossing the line and I promise not to make that mistake again.  Can I send a care package to make up for the mistake? :)  Would rather send a Stanley Cup replica with all the names of the 2021 Devils roster but that’s more than a bit of a stretch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I really hope we can see a sort of encouraging growth with players having breakout seasons every year like Vancouver was able to see

2014-2015 - Bo Harvat came in and had a "decent" rookie season.

2015-2016 - Harvat establish himself as a pretty solid player

2017-2017 - Brock Boeser come in as a rookie and become a star almost instantly

2018-2019 - Elias Petterson come in and establish himself as a star in his rookie season leading the team in points

2019-2020 - Quinn Hughes comes in and has an amazing rookie season and become a star instantly

and now Hoglander has been impressive recently and had a good game. So i guess he'll be the next one

 

I would like to see something like this, but I don't think we will have it. Young players do not have enough good partners to enter the game more easily. And in general, I have serious complaints about njd development department. But I hope that the situation will change with the arrival of Ruff and Recchi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I would like to see something like this, but I don't think we will have it. Young players do not have enough good partners to enter the game more easily. And in general, I have serious complaints about njd development department. But I hope that the situation will change with the arrival of Ruff and Recchi. 

I agree with you about the development of players. I don't think the Devils do that well at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aitchmack said:

I agree with you about the development of players. I don't think the Devils do that well at all. 

We didn't have any young players, to the career development of which we had no complaints. The management of the franchise must change the trends in this direction urgently. Because at the moment, this franchise has nothing left but the development of young players.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Fitz got the proper congrats about the Vatanen deal. I mean, we always talk about trading a guy at the deadline and then re-signing him after the end of the season when his contract expires. But does that ever happen? 

We got two players and a puck by trading a guy who was hurt, played zero games for his new team in the regular season, 7 playoff games when we were already long eliminated, and then brought him back at a great price. 

Basically 3 free assets by trading a guy who wasn’t able to play anyway. And although Shero was partly responsible, they didn’t extend him at a much higher salary as was hoped/anticipated at the time. 

Great dealings. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think Fitz got the proper congrats about the Vatanen deal. I mean, we always talk about trading a guy at the deadline and then re-signing him after the end of the season when his contract expires. But does that ever happen? 

We got two players and a puck by trading a guy who was hurt, played zero games for his new team in the regular season, 7 playoff games when we were already long eliminated, and then brought him back at a great price. 

Basically 3 free assets by trading a guy who wasn’t able to play anyway. And although Shero was partly responsible, they didn’t extend him at a much higher salary as was hoped/anticipated at the time. 

Great dealings. 

You're right, that really is rare. I remember it happening with Tkachuk years ago and since he has 2 kids in the league now I guess it was a lot of years ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You're right, that really is rare. I remember it happening with Tkachuk years ago and since he has 2 kids in the league now I guess it was a lot of years ago. 

Think Recchi might have done that too.  But not a lot of cases that I recall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure it has happened, I’m not familiar with those guys in your contract situations, but it seems to me that every time it happens, and we don’t wanna lose the guy, it’s something that people say. Adam Henrique comes to mind. Although I don’t remember if it was his contract year, I think he might’ve had two years left. But people want to re-sign him when that was possible.

The best part of the Vatanen deal, we lost out on nothing. She wasn’t able to play at all. The only games he played, he played after we had no more games. And we got assets for that. That was a tremendous move, hopefully Kuokkodile works out but if not, still was a good shot for giving up nothing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In fairness, if your name is Pierre-Luc Dubois, it sounds like you should be playing in Montreal.

He's from Quebec so it's another Tavares thing.

He'd 100% regret it within a few years though. The amount of french players who dreamed of playing for the Habs... had the big speech about living their dreams when they signed there or wtv... then they almost ALL asked for a trade at some point cause it turned into a nightmare. The expectations and the fans/media are so terrible. You're way better off not understanding french if you play there

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

He's from Quebec so it's another Tavares thing.

He'd 100% regret it within a few years though. The amount of french players who dreamed of playing for the Habs... had the big speech about living their dreams when they signed there or wtv... then they almost ALL asked for a trade at some point cause it turned into a nightmare. The expectations and the fans/media are so terrible. You're way better off not understanding french if you play there

Well, if he's already asking for Montreal, I am quite sure New Jersey is not on his list, so its probably not worth what it would cost for him just to have him for an abbreviated season and then (hopefully) a full season in 2021-22. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.