2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

47 minutes ago, nessus said:

Red Wings are up 1-0 against the Stars right now through 2 periods. Shots are 41-6 in favor of Dallas. That's wild, quite a game for Jonathan Bernier so far.

That’s gotta be some kind of record, holy sh!t 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gonna be a bit weird not having them on NBC after the last 15 or so years, but it's nice to see they'll still be on a major network, and also they have ESPN starting back up next year as well, so I think the league is in a good position for continued, and additional, exposure.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Gonna be a bit weird not having them on NBC after the last 15 or so years, but it's nice to see they'll still be on a major network, and also they have ESPN starting back up next year as well, so I think the league is in a good position for continued, and additional, exposure.  

Barkley will be pushing the NHL during sh!tty basketball games will be hilarious on itself.

• Like 2

Kind of quietly, but with the Rangers pushing for the Playoffs, Lafreniere now has 9 goals and 8 assists after an abysmal start. That’s annoying. 

• Like 1

Kind of sucks he’s wasting away up in Edmonton. There’s probably a lot of people that only follow eastern teams that never even get to see him. At least with Crosby and Ovi the western Canadian fans got to see them during their deep playoff runs all these years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Kind of sucks he’s wasting away up in Edmonton. There’s probably a lot of people that only follow eastern teams that never even get to see him. At least with Crosby and Ovi the western Canadian fans got to see them during their deep playoff runs all these years. 

Better Edmonton than NY or Philly (or anywhere in the East really lol).

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Better Edmonton than NY or Philly (or anywhere in the East really lol).

Was just gonna say, wait until he ends up with the Rangers lol. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He has more points than a lot of teams top three point producers combined. 

Hell, him and Drai probably have more than some entire teams combined lol. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He has more points than a lot of teams top three point producers combined. 

If you add all of our teams points for the season together you get 332 , if you add Edmonton's top three it's 186. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, to me it's still astonishing that he, and Draisital, are absolutely destroying the league, really for the last 2-3 years, maybe longer, and they have almost nothing to show for it.  

I still say us winning that lottery could have changed the NHL. He'd be in the NY market, play big market teams much more and get one of the weaker attendance teams both home and away to become sell outs. 

I really believe the NHL as a whole would be making marketly more money if the Devs got him. It be something to see, considering we've never had a 50 goal scorer or 100pt player. 

What I would'nt give!

Taylor Hall now has 4 G & 3 A in 9 GP for Boston. It’s almost like playing for a truly terrible team holds even the best players back or something... 

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I have no hard feelings towards him. And I’ll never forget that MVP season. Plus, as much as I hate Marchand and Boston, I’d much rather see them make the playoffs over the Rags. Glad he’s doing well up there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Taylor Hall now has 4 G & 3 A in 9 GP for Boston. It’s almost like playing for a truly terrible team holds even the best players back or something... 

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I have no hard feelings towards him. And I’ll never forget that MVP season. Plus, as much as I hate Marchand and Boston, I’d much rather see them make the playoffs over the Rags. Glad he’s doing well up there. 

I’ll always believe there was a chance that Hall could’ve stuck around, but too much simply went wrong (Hall getting hurt, the Devils regressing after making the playoffs in 2017-18, etc).

Gotta be infuriating to be a Sabres fan...they see Hall basically not score for just about all of his time there (and not fetch all that much in return), and then finally the guy’s luck turns completely around in Boston.  I think the Bruins are the perfect team for Hall at this point...I know he turned in a most memorable MVP season here, but he can be more of a really good complementary guy in the right situation.  He may have found that in Boston.

• Like 2