2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

So Laf ended up with the exact same amount of points for his rookie season (21) as Jack did. 5 less games played, but still. Pretty comparable.

How did Mr “he’s NHL ready day 1 because he’s been playing against men while Jack has been playing against Mites” finish his second season?   

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

How did Mr “he’s NHL ready day 1 because he’s been playing against men while Jack has been playing against Mites” finish his second season?   

9 G 8 A 17 P 48 GP 

Every Rags game I watched I actually thought he looked better than Laf tbh. At least his overall game. Laf got hot towards the end of the season though. Needless to say, neither one of them were anymore ready than Jack. And Laf actually played his entire rookie season as a 19 year old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

So Laf ended up with the exact same amount of points for his rookie season (21) as Jack did. 5 less games played, but still. Pretty comparable.

So his PPG was better. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

There it is!  100!

Our top 3 scorers don’t have 100 points between them lol. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Our top 3 scorers don’t have 100 points between them lol. 

our top 3 scorers didn’t get to play exclusively in the weakest division in nhl history. 

100 points is cool but it makes me think back to last years baseball season when everyone was drooling over how good the top teams in the AL Central were, and then the three teams who made it out of the central were all swept out of the playoffs and you realize “ohhhhhhhh, it was just a dogsh!t division”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

our top 3 scorers didn’t get to play exclusively in the weakest division in nhl history. 

100 points is cool but it makes me think back to last years baseball season when everyone was drooling over how good the top teams in the AL Central were, and then the three teams who made it out of the central were all swept out of the playoffs and you realize “ohhhhhhhh, it was just a dogsh!t division”

Or the Big 10 in college basketball. That’s why I hesitate to give the Devils ‘but tough division!’ excuse this year, we honestly don’t know how good or bad these teams are playing in pods.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Many saw this coming. He's a certain kind of coach, loves playing a d-1st system, and I think will be coaching somewhere else.

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

I get that it’s a lot like racking up passing yards in the big XII but if a Texas tech QB could average  800 yards passing per game, I would still find it damn impressive.    That’s how I see McDavid hitting 100.

it will be interesting to see how whichever team comes out of the North handles the conference final when they presumably face a real D for the first time all season.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Or the Big 10 in college basketball. That’s why I hesitate to give the Devils ‘but tough division!’ excuse this year, we honestly don’t know how good or bad these teams are playing in pods.

I think we know how good Washington, Pittsburgh, and Boston are. Those teams have been perennial Cup contenders for years. The Islanders have also been solid for a while. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

Sure that’s why we scored like sh!t, it was everyone else’s fault lol. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sure that’s why we scored like sh!t, it was everyone else’s fault lol. 

Nah, we’re clearly a rebuilding team and Edmonton is a team that’s finally leaving a 15-year rebuild (something that didn’t happen until they fell ass backwards into the most dominant player in the sport bar-none.) 

I think McDavid still probably leads the league in scoring if he’s in the East; but he doesn’t score 100 points, and I can guarantee that.

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

B1G in college basketball was just stat nerds getting excited about KenPom and T-Rank scores even though nearly all of the data was self-checking incestuous nonsense and should’ve been thrown out. It’s also stacked with teams who were mostly new / mostly fresh. 

The east division is a gauntlet because it’s loaded with teams that have been winning cups or close to winning cups for the last 5+ years, solidly. 

On 5/9/2021 at 7:30 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

My Scarlet Knights were a few poor coaching decisions away from a sweet-16 birth, thank you very much.

11 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

They were negotiating with him apparently. They bowed out at $2 million per season. He wants $5 million.

I'm actually excited about the panel TNT is hopefully putting together.  If they can make it even half as entertaining as Inside the NBA I think it could be huge for the sport.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

My Scarlet Knights were a few poor coaching decisions away from a sweet-16 birth, thank you very much.

Lmao, everyone saying "the B1G this year is the BEST CONFERENCE EVER.... look at all these GREAT WINS and QUALITY LOSSES" was such an ESPN-SEC football level of garbage this year. Zero nattys since pre-9/11 and every year you'll have Dan Dakich and the other clowns on ESPN acting like it's the class of college basketball. 

I cheered for rutgers just because of the New Jersey thing, but it was legitimately hysterical how BRUTALLY the B1G performed in March Madness this year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'm betting now Eichel goes to NYR because fvck my life

I think there’s little to no way that doesn’t happen. And they will trade Chityl or some other minor piece to get him also. Meanwhile if it was us, it would be Nico, Jack, Ty Smith and our first round picks until 2054. 

• Like 1

Yeah im not sure if Eichel has a NTC but he probably does and will ONLY wave to go to NY and that will take away all their leverage in a trade and will get a small return. Same thing with Nash and other guys in the past