2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well, if he's already asking for Montreal, I am quite sure New Jersey is not on his list, so its probably not worth what it would cost for him just to have him for an abbreviated season and then (hopefully) a full season in 2021-22. 

yeah plus the kid has potential but his stats are not like... incredibly impressive either. he's very much on par with what we can expect from jack or nico. And we'd likely have to trade one of the 2 for him so not really worth the risk of making a bad move

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah plus the kid has potential but his stats are not like... incredibly impressive either. he's very much on par with what we can expect from jack or nico. And we'd likely have to trade one of the 2 for him so not really worth the risk of making a bad move

If that’s the price I’m not interested. 

30 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Leaving Jack out of it because who knows. 

This kids numbers look very similar to Nico's, good but not great, I'm not sure what they big hype is around this guy honestly other than he wants out of Columbus.  If some team wants to drastically over pay great have at it. 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Leaving Jack out of it because who knows. 

This kids numbers look very similar to Nico's, good but not great, I'm not sure what they big hype is around this guy honestly other than he wants out of Columbus.  If some team wants to drastically over pay great have at it. 

many thought he was a bust few years ago too but he turned a corner recently

23 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

What do you mean you’re “done”? You’d stop watching hockey over advertising?

At the risk of this being a knee-jerk or frivolous reaction, yes, I'd seriously consider it.  Maybe it's odd and stupid, but whenever I see European hockey games with the ads all of the ice and the player's jersey/equipment, I'm immediately turned off, and/or distracted.  I guess I just find it annoying and really difficult to watch, and before you ask or say it,  no, I don't suffer from ADD or anything like that. 

27 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

At the risk of this being a knee-jerk or frivolous reaction, yes, I'd seriously consider it.  Maybe it's odd and stupid, but whenever I see European hockey games with the ads all of the ice and the player's jersey/equipment, I'm immediately turned off, and/or distracted.  I guess I just find it annoying and really difficult to watch, and before you ask or say it,  no, I don't suffer from ADD or anything like that. 

I wasn’t going to say that, I was going to say you must be a very borderline hockey fan. 

So Konecny had a 5 point night. Always feel the regret when he is doing well. Went to check to see what I actually said about him near the draft.

On 4/2/2015 at 12:31 PM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think Lou and the scouts would go BPA. And that would certainly be Hanifin. I think I would agree.

Moving down if you can get another first rounder might be worth it. I am intrigued by Travis Konecny. The way he has been described reminds me of the descriptions of Parise before he was drafted.

Either of those ideas would have been better than what Lou decided. 

Weird split for the Isles and Rags...Isles take the first game 4-0, Rags take the second 5-0.  Sorokin had to start after Varlamov was injured during warmups...maybe that threw the Isles off a bit.