2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If both he and Eichel can stay healthy, he's going to have a MONSTER year.

From last season (1/12 - 1/16):  3 GP, 3 G, 3 A, 6 Pts

The season before (10/14 - 10/18):  3 GP, 1 G, 5 A, 6 Pts; (12/18 - 12/21):  3 GP, 3 G, 3 A, 6 Pts

2016-17 (12/3 - 12/8):  3 GP, 3 G, 4 A, 7 Pts (final numbers that year were nothing special)

Not saying that he can't possibly have a big year (maybe he and Eichel will be that good together), just that I can pick plenty of previous 3-game samples where Hall notched at least 6 points.  My guess is by season's end, he'll have a good year (as long as he stays healthy), but not as prolific as his early start would suggest.  Let me see what his numbers look like once the sample is larger.  

• Like 1

fvck the Sabres, yes. They’re in our division, but I will never understand the animosity towards Hall. Dude gave us the 2nd most exciting season of an entire decade. His biggest offense was putting his hand to his ear after a goal FFS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Let me see what his numbers look like once the sample is larger.  

This, about everybody in the league. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

fvck the Sabres, yes. They’re in our division, but I will never understand the animosity towards Hall. Dude gave us the 2nd most exciting season of an entire decade. His biggest offense was putting his hand to his ear after a goal FFS. 

That was probably his only offense. I don’t begrudge him, the guy puts up an MVP season on a sh!t team, comes in the next season and isn’t doing as well so you boo him? I think it needs to be re-examined as to who was/were the d!ck(s) in that scenario. 

I don't have much hate for Hall, he gave us a really fun season and turned Adam Larsson into Merkley, Schnarr, Bahl, Mercer and I think a 3rd next year? Not bad for a rental. 

Miles Wood is on a 56 goal pace and Jack Hughes has assists on about 75% of our goals so I'm not gonna give Hall the Art Ross yet, but him with Eichel while both are healthy is a hell of a pairing. 

Does anyone know off hand who is their other wing? 

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

He wouldn't even discuss a contract with Ray. Zero loyalty so screw him 

Why would you expect him to have any type of loyalty to us? He wasn’t drafted by us, didn’t sign here in the offseason, he was traded here. Had no say in the matter. While he was here he seemed to make the best of it if he didn’t really want to be here he never really indicated that, went out and tried to make this team better every shift. People need to stop this loyalty bullsh!t. This is a business, just because someone didn’t pick us who cares move on, hall is an elite player it was fun having him on the team while he was here. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I don't have a ton of hatred for him, but I'm not at all a fan of how he handled himself on his way out of here.  Just not a professional way to go about it, especially as a veteran/older player.

I'm not holding a grudge for the rest of his career, but I'm not exactly rooting for the guy right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Then he signs with buffalo...yup there's a perennial playoff beast if I've see one...🙄

I don't hate Hall. He could have left more gracefully but I won't hold a grudge because he's human. If I gave it my all and had people booing me at a tough time I might act out too, I dunno. 

Hall going to Buffalo is 100% about betting on himself. Jack Eichel must have been the best option on the table for him to prove he can still produce, and probably hopes covid is over next year so he can cash in with a team he CAN win with. He wants to win, he also wants money. I won't fault him for betting on himself, it isn't like he commit long term in Buffalo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This, about everybody in the league. 

That was probably his only offense. I don’t begrudge him, the guy puts up an MVP season on a sh!t team, comes in the next season and isn’t doing as well so you boo him? I think it needs to be re-examined as to who was/were the d!ck(s) in that scenario. 

100%.

The guy carried a terrible terrible roster/team on his back for an entire season. Overachieved like crazy. Then cool down and get the results a team like that should be getting and you boo him? Then he responds with what he did and then YOU'RE offended by that like you don't deserve this? Hahahaha anyone who did this is incredibly selfish and self-centered. Paying money doesn't give you the rights to sh!t on other people with no consequences. I fully support what he did.

It's like that Karen attitude where you think you can go to the store and give hell to an employee. Knowing they have to respond to your insults politely. And if they dare call you out that you'll try to get them fired. People like this should burn in hell.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly we were the exact opposite of what he wanted. 

And he still kicks himself in the teeth everyday that he didn’t sign a fat 9-year extension with us. Believe that. He ain’t getting anywhere near a pay day like the one he set himself up for after his Hart season ever again. 

Edited by MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And he still kicks himself in the teeth everyday that he didn’t sign a fat 9-year extension with us. Believe that. He ain’t getting anywhere near a pay day like the one he set himself up for after his Hart season ever again. 

I think he 100% could have and should have, because you never know what will happen. 

What happened is a 1-year contract with Buffalo, for a decent amount of money but less than we would have given him annually. That decision, I believe, was motivated by geography as well as knowing he needed to redeem himself and then he’ll get his deal. 

But it won’t be the deal he could’ve had. 

None of the above justifies booing the guy as far as I’m concerned. But I’m not going to hate on people for doing it when we play them. And yes, I do realize no fans will be there, but if you don’t cheer and boo when you watch at home, we watch hockey differently. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

He did, but it's a one year contract. He's hoping to pump up his value playing with Eichel and who knows what happens at the trade deadline. 

I know what happens, his a$$ gets traded to the highest bidder. I can’t imagine they let him go for free, nor that he’ll re-sign there, unless it’s proximity to Toronto is enough for him to want to stay there and say fvck winning. 

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I know what happens, his a$$ gets traded to the highest bidder. I can’t imagine they let him go for free, nor that he’ll re-sign there, unless it’s proximity to Toronto is enough for him to want to stay there and say fvck winning. 

trade deadline might be interesting this year. Will they have to quarantine for 2 weeks or something once traded?