2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats what i meant lol of course the gender is important to the couple but it's not worth having a huge party with fireworks or craziness to announce it.

Not just to the couple, family and friends get pretty excited about it too. But no, explosions not required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

the whole “you can literally die by slipping on the floor” thing always makes me so uncomfortable and unsettled.

this guy is a professional athlete, likely in better health and condition than any of us on this forum with better instincts and balance, and he fvcking died running on wet pavement. 

fvck, man.

Apparently that was misreported…

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Apparently that was misreported…

That’s even worse. Fireworks are so stupid. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Most of those parties are another excuse to get more gifts. 

Every time I “reveal my gender” at a party, everyone gets all uptight about it. Nobody gives me a gift.  

• Haha 3
  • Shocking 1

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s even worse. Fireworks are so stupid. 

Every time I “reveal my gender” at a party, everyone gets all uptight about it. Nobody gives me a gift.  

The gift was the friends you used to have before the reveal

All kidding aside, we were going to do a reveal/baby shower in one party to avoid having people feel like they needed to bring more gifts, we were gonna do the hockey puck thing the Karlssons did, but we got too impatient and at the ultrasound, one of the boys were completely not shy about showing the world what he was.

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

and at the ultrasound, one of the boys were completely not shy about showing the world what he was.

Again, when it’s me…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, eldon said:

“There’s no indication the person who lit the shell-and-mortar-style fireworks had been drinking alcohol, Meier told the Detroit News.”

Must’ve been a very different 4th of July party than the ones I have been to. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

“There’s no indication the person who lit the shell-and-mortar-style fireworks had been drinking alcohol, Meier told the Detroit News.”

Must’ve been a very different 4th of July party than the ones I have been to. 

Jeez, someone lit the mortar off 10' from where he was sitting in a hottub. Probably had no chance

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it's honestly too bad that its Canada who cancelled their fireworks across the country for Canada Day this year

Cancelling professional firework displays doesn't stop civilians from using them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Cancelling professional firework displays doesn't stop civilians from using them.

Professional fireworks were mostly cancelled because of the pressure the population put on them and the narrative was mostly that if you lit fireworks you were an a$$hole so it did stop a lot of people from doing it. And im not sure about other cities but where i live there's a bi-law preventing citizen to lit fireworks within the city

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Professional fireworks were mostly cancelled because of the pressure the population put on them and the narrative was mostly that if you lit fireworks you were an a$$hole so it did stop a lot of people from doing it. And im not sure about other cities but where i live there's a bi-law preventing citizen to lit fireworks within the city

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.  Aerial fireworks are banned in NJ but this weekend the skies were lit up with them.  More than I had ever since actually.

19 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Non-professional fireworks aren't allowed to have them either. It stops literally nobody and there is no enforcement. 

They annoy me no end, and this year I had neighbors on the next block over with dueling displays in front and behind my house. The remnants are still littering the streets because they just put the huge cardboard cases out for collection. Should have been easy enough to arrest/summons the offenders, but they never do. 

What do you guys think it would take to acquire Tkachuk? He’s got one year left before he’s a RFA expecting a BIG time contract and the Devils can obviously afford that. 

It probably starts with Holtz, right? Does Holtz + Islanders 1st + B-level prospect get it done? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

What do you guys think it would take to acquire Tkachuk? He’s got one year left before he’s a RFA expecting a BIG time contract and the Devils can obviously afford that. 

It probably starts with Holtz, right? Does Holtz + Islanders 1st + B-level prospect get it done? 

I would do that in a second.   I would give them next years 1st instead of the isles pick if necessary.  

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd only give up Holtz if an extension was guaranteed. 

Agreed.  We would have to have some indication he would become a long term core player before shipping that many prime assets 

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'd only give up Holtz if an extension was guaranteed. 

He’s an RFA. An extension, or a fvcking truckload of first round draft picks, is guaranteed.

I am fascinated with what Tampa decides to do to solve their cap issue for next season.  LTIR jokes aside, they should really just find a way to jettison Stamkos and his salary.   The dude has been hurt or barely noticeable over the two Cup runs to my eye. If I were them I would rather find a way to keep guys like Coleman and Gourde.   Tyler Johnson is another one they need to find a way to get rid of.   Maybe a pick to Seattle to take him.  

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Holtz+4th pick. If they want Islanders pick too - go give them. The best trade for me is Holz+4th pick+islanders pick for Tkachuk+cgy pick this year.

Thats much better idea that trading for Johnny.

7 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I am fascinated with what Tampa decides to do to solve their cap issue for next season.  LTIR jokes aside, they should really just find a way to jettison Stamkos and his salary.   The dude has been hurt or barely noticeable over the two Cup runs to my eye. If I were them I would rather find a way to keep guys like Coleman and Gourde.   Tyler Johnson is another one they need to find a way to get rid of.   Maybe a pick to Seattle to take him.  

As it stands now: 17 players (including only 1 goalie) for $85m+ in cap hit. 

let the gymnastics commence

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Stamkos to LTIR after he gets surgery in September, Johnson to Seattle - problem solved.

We do this every year and they always manage to find a way and ice an elite team.  Not trying to attack you personally, but just.. it's a farce. 

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1